New Beyer DT1350
Aug 2, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #811 of 4,010
Well sounds like the dt1350 isn't going to be my cup of tea, given I listen to all types of prog, and synth.  Looks like it's the hd25's if I go ahead with it.

Aug 2, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #812 of 4,010
Well, this thread has been too much for me!!!

I have been reduced to secreting myself in a room, whispering on the phone and making dark deals with strange men from Headroom.

With three day shipping, I will not have to explain this to the wife until Monday, "Honey, I have some good news and some bad news..."

Can't wait to get my Dt1350's!

Aug 2, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #814 of 4,010

Quote:
Well sounds like the dt1350 isn't going to be my cup of tea, given I listen to all types of prog, and synth.  Looks like it's the hd25's if I go ahead with it.

I find the DT 1350s to be a pretty good pairing with stuff like Zappa, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, and Can. 'Classic prog,' perhaps. It's progressive metal where I run into a bit of difficulty. As for synth--I don't know that I have anything in my collection that qualifies (Crystal Castles, maybe?), so I can't give you a good opinion on that.

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #815 of 4,010
Thanks James, I'll be sure to give myself some time to adjust to their signature.
Looks like I am on back order, it was in stock but there were enough orders before mine to use up what they had on hand.

Aug 3, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #816 of 4,010

Quote:
I find the DT 1350s to be a pretty good pairing with stuff like Zappa, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, and Can. 'Classic prog,' perhaps. It's progressive metal where I run into a bit of difficulty. As for synth--I don't know that I have anything in my collection that qualifies (Crystal Castles, maybe?), so I can't give you a good opinion on that.

Yeah it's the more 'modern' stuff like Pendragon, IQ, Galahad, Magnum etc that I listen to.  That's the plus and downside of progressive stuff, it's so much broader than most (critics especially)give it credit for.  "I listen to prog mainly" really doesn't do it justice.  Still that's another rant for another topic.

Cheers.

Aug 7, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #817 of 4,010
I was disappointed in the B&W P5 phones but loved the size and feel. These Beyers sound like they may fit my needs (the P5 seemed to lack clarity). My question is why are these so hard to find? B&H is out of stock and Amazon (U.S.) isn't even listing them.

Aug 7, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #819 of 4,010

Quote:
I was disappointed in the B&W P5 phones but loved the size and feel. These Beyers sound like they may fit my needs (the P5 seemed to lack clarity). My question is why are these so hard to find? B&H is out of stock and Amazon (U.S.) isn't even listing them.

I think word-of-mouth is getting out about the quality of these phones--the more great reviews that roll in, the faster they're selling.

I've seen them pop up for sale on the forums here and there. They're also in stock at Nova Musik at the moment, if you don't mind paying $300 for them. Or, if you've got a time machine, dial back to about three months ago, when I got mine. They were everywhere at that point. :)

Aug 7, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #821 of 4,010
Thanks for the info (and the link). I'm stateside, so I would have to shell out the equivalent of another thirty euros for shipping. :/ I guess I'll wait awhile to see if these things become a bit more ubiquitous. Meanwhile I'll enjoy my 990's. :D

Aug 7, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #822 of 4,010

Quote:
Thanks for the info (and the link). I'm stateside, so I would have to shell out the equivalent of another thirty euros for shipping. :/ I guess I'll wait awhile to see if these things become a bit more ubiquitous. Meanwhile I'll enjoy my 990's. :D

I saw one at the FS frums yesterday

Aug 8, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #824 of 4,010

Quote:
I have mine for sale :wink: I love these headphones but for now I have to let them go :...(

yeah. that's not love 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 8, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #825 of 4,010

Quote:
yeah. that's not love 
tongue_smile.gif

Yeah, love is when you'd consider selling a kidney instead of a pair of headphones. Or if you've gotta get rid of the headphones to keep the girlfriend/wife... Unless, of course, you love the headphones more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back