New Beyer DT1350
May 19, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #316 of 4,010
I have received my DT1350 from Todd. I'll post some comments when I get to grips with them. They have responded to a bit of pink noise run-in. Initial impressions show that they are less "honky" sounding that the T50P, with a smoother response. But the ear has to re-adjust each time I go back to them, so obviously they do not sound like real life. I think the 1350's small sonic "footprint" will take some getting used to, and I don't hear any big holes in the response, like with the T50P.

May 19, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #317 of 4,010
Great Beagle. All the old T50p previous owners giving a second chance to the small Beyer's. What do you mean by small sonic footprint? So far I don't find mine to be constrain in any ways.

May 19, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #318 of 4,010

Quote:
Great Beagle. All the old T50p previous owners giving a second chance to the small Beyer's. What do you mean by small sonic footprint? So far I don't find mine to be constrain in any ways.

It's like a sense of scale, where instruments and voices are "smaller", like the difference between a small loudspeaker and a large one.

May 21, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #319 of 4,010
5743214846_3239a1d06d_z.jpg

5743215874_0b13919db7_z.jpg

5743213696_a65101fbe1_z.jpg

5743212716_55e3f08ab6_z.jpg

May 21, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #320 of 4,010
Nice pics rasmushorn! How about some impressions? 
wink_face.gif

How does the DT 1350 respond to your amps btw? Is there one that has some magical synergy with the Beyers?

May 21, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #321 of 4,010
Wow, the measurements of these phones are pretty impressive!  It's interesting that not only the FR looks better than the T50p, but the square wave response is a lot better as well.  The FR looks better to me than any other Beyer I've seen. 

May 21, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #322 of 4,010
May 21, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #323 of 4,010
Yeah they do look really similar.  The square wave looks nearly identical to my untrained eye.  Which is pretty amazing for a conventional dynamic in this price range I think.  I actually think the FR of the DT looks a bit better than the TP's.  But there's a lot of guess work in looking at FR graphs for me still. 

The measurements for the DT1350 look better than both the T5p and the T1 to me
eek.gif
.  Better square wave and more neutral FR.  I could be missing something though. 

They must sound pretty fast and snappy I imagine?

May 21, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #324 of 4,010
Quote:
Yeah they do look really similar.  The square wave looks nearly identical to my untrained eye.  Which is pretty amazing for a conventional dynamic in this price range I think.  I actually think the FR of the DT looks a bit better than the TP's.  But there's a lot of guess work in looking at FR graphs for me still. 

eek.gif
.  Better square wave and more neutral FR.  I could be missing something though. 

They must sound pretty fast and snappy I imagine?

The numbers look much better than either of the Beyer flagships to me too.  Those test don't capture everything though.  Off the top of my head, the supra-aural design will be worse for the size of the soundstage than either the T1 or T5P.  I could see it having a small-ish but well defined stage like a good pair of IEMs.

I'll have to try them out eventually.  When that pdf went up on Tylls site I almost went and ordered a pair right then.  They just look that promising to me.

I think that the T1s and T5Ps were more or less tuned by ear and designed to be pleasing and euphonic while the DT1350 looks to have been made for accuracy.  On balance I tend to prefer more accurate 'phones but it really depends on the specific coloration in question.

May 21, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #325 of 4,010

Quote:
eek.gif

They don't overdo the bass. They don't hype the top. The midrange sounds right (except for the upper midrange where snare and synth lie..a bit distant). But they don't sound all that natural or musical. It's a bit of a jolt every time I go back and listen to them. The ear and brain adjust and you enjoy them, but when I have to always re-adjust and get used to the sound, I'm not fully comfortable.

Still, due to their merits, the things they get right, they sound rather nice on most types of music. And I've only had them for 4 days. Stay tuned.

May 21, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #326 of 4,010
Yeah I had a sudden urge to order them as well.  Except I have no use for a closed portable right now, and I also have a pretty severe planar bias and I'm not sure I could spend money on a new pair of plain old dynamics without hearing them first. 

I dont really care about soundstage size, but I find that closed headphones sound kind of well...closed in even if they do have a good soundstage, it just doesn't sound natural. 

edit: That just makes them sound even better, Beagle..  Except for the unnatural bit.  At the end of the day, it's how they sound not how they measure.  But there's pitifully few headphones that don't hype the bass and/or treble as you said. 

May 23, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #327 of 4,010
Hi there,i'm looking for a portable amp for Beyerdynamic DT1350.
At the moment i'm using  ipod classic 160gb (eu capped)+lod L3+Fiio E7 but i'm not fully satisfied cause the Fiio E7 it's not powerful enough to drive the beyer (they sound a bit too thick with a no so full sound if u know what i mean).
Also with the Fiio E7 i have to push the volume up to 45-50 to enjoy these cans,it's like it doesn't have enough power to drive them.
Completely different story with the Fiio E9,the beyer really shine with it but of course it's not a portable amp.
Can a bit of burn in time make the Fiio E7 and the Beyer sound better and more open?(Actually my Dt1350 have just 8 hours of listening time on them and so the Fiio E7)
Now i'm considering to buy the Fiio E11 or the iBasso T3D,any advice?
Being the Beyerdynamic Dt1350 a very analytical phones,the iBasso T3D would be a better choice for my Beyer DT1350?
What about the Fiio E11?

May 23, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #328 of 4,010

Quote:
Hi there,i'm looking for a portable amp for Beyerdynamic DT1350.
At the moment i'm using  ipod classic 160gb (eu capped)+lod L3+Fiio E7 but i'm not fully satisfied cause the Fiio E7 it's not powerful enough to drive the beyer (they sound a bit too thick with a no so full sound if u know what i mean).
Also with the Fiio E7 i have to push the volume up to 45-50 to enjoy these cans,it's like it doesn't have enough power to drive them.
Completely different story with the Fiio E9,the beyer really shine with it but of course it's not a portable amp.
Can a bit of burn in time make the Fiio E7 and the Beyer sound better and more open?(Actually my Dt1350 have just 8 hours of listening time on them and so the Fiio E7)
Now i'm considering to buy the Fiio E11 or the iBasso T3D,any advice?
Being the Beyerdynamic Dt1350 a very analytical phones,the iBasso T3D would be a better choice for my Beyer DT1350?
What about the Fiio E11?

I'm interested in this as well... Thinking of getting the DT1350 for myself, but I don't have a portable amp.

May 23, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #329 of 4,010
The UHA-6 by Leckerton got high praises in the german hifi-forum. It sounds and measures just great and should be more than sufficient to drive the 1350. Though I cannot complain about the FiiO. In my setup (driven by USB, mostly) it is loud enough to ruin my hearing in no time at all. Using it on my ipod I have a volume setting of 40, while 25 to 35 are sufficient via USB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back