New Bass++ ports
Nov 20, 2008 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

fuzzylogic76

Head-Fier
Does anyone know how to get a pair of the new bass++ ports?

The Sleek-Audio website only shows the bass tuning ports as a package, and doesn't say if the new bass ++ is included. And I wouldn't need/want the -, = and + ports anyways, only the ++

SoundEarPhones.com does not have them.

I tried emailing Jason but have not received a response.

How do people who already own the sa6 get their hands on a pair of bass++ ports?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Nov 20, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #2 of 13
call sleek-audio
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 13
I'd love to know as well. I will probably be getting a used pair in the next week or so and anticipate them to not have the Bass ++.

Dec 7, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by hollis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These look to be available now at soundearphones. Pack of 6.

http://www.soundearphones.com/product.php?id=375

Nice. Thanks for posting this. I was communicating with Jason about obtaining some, but I haven't gotten any responses as of late.

Unfortunately, I can't get the SoundEarphones site to work properly (using either Firefox 3 or IE7) -- Login always fails to load the next page...and so does the final checkout button. GRRRRRR!

Dec 7, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice. Thanks for posting this. I was communicating with Jason about obtaining some, but I haven't gotten any responses as of late.

Unfortunately, I can't get the SoundEarphones site to work properly (using either Firefox 3 or IE7) -- Login always fails to load the next page...and so does the final checkout button. GRRRRRR!

Bummer man, because if you are looking for a warmer sound this does it. I just dont percieve any more punchiness, just a warmer tone overall. I upped the treble tip to the + and found a nice improvement to me since Im more a colder analytic fan but Im enjoying the warmer sound. I just love the mids with the sleek so much and I think the new bass ports only make me like em more now that I added the + port.

Dec 7, 2008 at 6:34 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bummer man, because if you are looking for a warmer sound this does it. I just dont percieve any more punchiness, just a warmer tone overall. I upped the treble tip to the + and found a nice improvement to me since Im more a colder analytic fan but Im enjoying the warmer sound. I just love the mids with the sleek so much and I think the new bass ports only make me like em more now that I added the + port.

I figure the 3 pairs will give me some room to mod...so perhaps I'll be able to up the punchiness somehow. I don't particularly need more warmth -- it's bass impact I'm after.

EDIT: FeedMeTrance, thanks for the suggestion. I just sent an email to Michael and info@soundearphones.com.

Jan 10, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by narc78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks but these are the + bass ports, not the new ++ ones. Anyone know where to get the ++ ports? I've emailed Jason at Sleek and am waiting for a reply. Cheers.

No, they're the newest bass ports. I know from personal experience. Notice the "Newest Ports" in the title "Sleek Audio Tuning Bass Ports (Plus) (Newest Ports)"...and keep in mind that Sleek Audio considers the updated ports to be a replacement for the original bass+ ports; they've never called them bass++ ports (that was the designation a poster here gave them).

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, they're the newest bass ports. I know from personal experience. Notice the "Newest Ports" in the title "Sleek Audio Tuning Bass Ports (Plus) (Newest Ports)"...and keep in mind that Sleek Audio considers the updated ports to be a replacement for the original bass+ ports; they've never called them bass++ ports (that was the designation a poster here gave them).

exactly. it was given this because at that time, there was no official name for it and no one really knew much about it. it gave more mid bass and slightly deeper bass, so many head-fiers just call it bass++. now it is just as simply stated, the new bass + ports

Mar 28, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #12 of 13
I know from monkeying with mine. It DOES give quite a nice larger bass image and presence.

I got the idea from the "filter-free" "profile" of the (++) Treble Stem as I like to call them. It just has no filter. So I looked over my Bass Port Cap, and the (+) Cap has the same filter as the (-) Treble Stem, so I started thinking, not equivalent i.e. != ... and so I monkeyed with them and poked the filter packing out with a toothpick in one hand, stretching the lip of the inside of the Bass Port Cap with the other hand. The filter packing comes right out. No adhesive.

MAJOR improvement in sound quality in the bottom bass and overall tonality. low mids and deep (sub 10Hz) is Present. I'm pleased with the mod. It's easy enough to enjoy. I'll post pictures within the week on my Head-Fi blog.

Mar 28, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #13 of 13
i think one reason why they did put the membrane in there is so that dust, hair, sweat, etc will not get into the driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back