NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Nov 17, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #648 of 2,070
Very nice color! I usually would have got the silver and one, but I like the black ones a lot in these headphones.

I wanted to ask if anyone had put an inline dac when connecting from an iPhone or a portable player to connect to these wired, and how has been the performance? I had been thinking of getting one, but there are many options out there.

Nov 17, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #649 of 2,070
Very nice color! I usually would have got the silver and one, but I like the black ones a lot in these headphones.

I wanted to ask if anyone had put an inline dac when connecting from an iPhone or a portable player to connect to these wired, and how has been the performance? I had been thinking of getting one, but there are many options out there.

Due to the way the headphone works, the analogue output of your DAC will converted back to to digital by the in headphone ADC so the DSP can EQ the headphone. Then it goes through the headphone DAC. So while a bad external DAC may be noticeable, high end audiophile DACs will have limited benefit.

Nov 19, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #651 of 2,070
I received my H95 this week. Very surprise with the sound signature. For classical music and jazz it has a good performance. I was expecting more deep sound and soundstage but I was wrong. It present more detail and instrument separation. It has a sparkling treble that sometimes hurts (depends on the type of music). But when I return to use the Momentum 3 I figured out the H95 sounds better to me, more fast.

Anyone has an idea of alternative carrying case for travel (more light and compact)?

Nov 20, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #652 of 2,070
I received my H95 this week. Very surprise with the sound signature. For classical music and jazz it has a good performance. I was expecting more deep sound and soundstage but I was wrong. It present more detail and instrument separation. It has a sparkling treble that sometimes hurts (depends on the type of music). But when I return to use the Momentum 3 I figured out the H95 sounds better to me, more fast.

Anyone has an idea of alternative carrying case for travel (more light and compact)?

Fits B&W PX7 case.

Nov 20, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #654 of 2,070

This one works and is compact, however it is a tight fit and you have to cut the strap. Also the headphones need to be completely folded for them to fit. It will only hold headphones but you can squeeze USB C cable, risky though.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LG468LX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is more secure fit and works well but on the larger side, also on sale:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MY2V43E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #655 of 2,070
Ok .. Having gotten really curious about the H95 I could not resist and ordered a pair (black)... Should come in by Friday .. Curious to see how the H95 (on APTX HD) compares to my Shure Aonic 50 (on LDAC) .. My Fiio M15 has no APTX Adaptive, only APTX HD, so the SA50 will start with a small advantage ....

Nov 23, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #656 of 2,070
By the way, here is an update: my H95 headset is still somewhere in B&O facility. It is already 12 days since it returned to B&O for second time. And it is already 31 day since the headset was found as defective in B&O facility and was sent by them to wrong address. And it is 45 days since I wrote about defect to support for the first time (dialog with support was really inefficient and every answer took them 1—2 days). And now they are still not able to arrange the shipment for replacement for 12 days! I am really disappointed.

Nov 23, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #657 of 2,070
I even decided to write them in Instagram and twitter, because their support doesn't answer me for a few days already! And their answers are very funny:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 18.26.35.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 18.26.35.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4262.PNG
    IMG_4262.PNG
    466.8 KB · Views: 0
Nov 23, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #658 of 2,070
I even decided to write them in Instagram and twitter, because their support doesn't answer me for a few days already! And their answers are very funny:
Hi,

This is outrageaous.

Spending 800€ on a headphone and taking them from a brand like Bang & Olufsen you can expect a high quality after sales support.

They should ship a new headset no questions asked. Period...

I understand how disapponted you must be. And I also know that if that would happen to me, I'd always have an apprehension in taking my headphones and listen to them. And that would no go away for me :frowning2:

I really hope you'll get your headphones soon and that you will be happy with those !

Regards.

Nov 24, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #659 of 2,070
Hi, here is a new update about my Bang&Olufsen Beoplay H95 warranty case: about 34 days ago I have sent my just unpacked headset H95 that was ordered just 10 days before. 32 days ago the headset was found as defective in B&O facility and then they sent a new replacement to me, but it went to wrong address. After that they changed address but it was incorrect again (I don't know how that could even be) and the package started to return to sender (to B&O warranty service). Then was returned to B&O facility 13 days ago (UPS tracking screenshoot included). And then next 13 days they did nothing! But today I've got a message that they finally realised that they received their package back. And you know what? Now they will start screening it again! But the next message I've just got is absolutely ridiculous: They wrote me that the headset they tried to sent me and that has now returned back to facility is out of warranty! I don't even know what to do with this...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 15.35.52.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 15.35.52.png
    431.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 15.33.02.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 15.33.02.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 15.33.18.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 15.33.18.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 0
Nov 24, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #660 of 2,070
Hi, here is a new update about my Bang&Olufsen Beoplay H95 warranty case: about 34 days ago I have sent my just unpacked headset H95 that was ordered just 10 days before. 32 days ago the headset was found as defective in B&O facility and then they sent a new replacement to me, but it went to wrong address. After that they changed address but it was incorrect again (I don't know how that could even be) and the package started to return to sender (to B&O warranty service). Then was returned to B&O facility 13 days ago (UPS tracking screenshoot included). And then next 13 days they did nothing! But today I've got a message that they finally realised that they received their package back. And you know what? Now they will start screening it again! But the next message I've just got is absolutely ridiculous: They wrote me that the headset they tried to sent me and that has now returned back to facility is out of warranty! I don't even know what to do with this...

How on earth can a product that has not been out for more than 1-2 months even be considered to be out of warranty to begin with (aside from the duration of this mess)? I would immediately get on the phone with B&O and escalate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back