NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Oct 18, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #496 of 2,070
Buddy, there are literally only a hand full of review videos on YouTube and I don't know how you judged whether they were sponsored in some way or not. This is why forums like this one exist, so that real users can exchange their opinions. You have been vehemently defending the volume issue since last month now, despite the fact that I am not the only person who complains about this. If I dint know any better I'd say you are sponsored. Just kidding.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new...-headphones-reviews-impressions.941031/page-6

Hello buddy. Is very, VERY easy knowing when videos in YouTube are sponsored, marketing or from audio publications.

Is about 5 not sponsored videos and about 20 opinions / impressions here, plus maybe 2 or 3 articles in publications online that isn’t marketing for b&o.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #497 of 2,070
I decided not to buy this headphone after all... The reason is simple: the headphone is not acoustically tuned, but with DSP. You cannot use it analogue if the battery dies. We will thus never know the true quality of the drivers.

Since I don't like other wireless options on the market (except maybe for Ananda BT which is open-backed), I will wait for Yamaha YH-E700A, which seems to be promising.

Oct 18, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #498 of 2,070
I decided not to buy this headphone after all... The reason is simple: the headphone is not acoustically tuned, but with DSP. You cannot use it analogue if the battery dies. We will thus never know the true quality of the drivers.

Since I don't like other wireless options on the market (except maybe for Ananda BT which is open-backed), I will wait for Yamaha YH-E700A, which seems to be promising.

Has anyone here tried Ananda BT ? I am also exploring that as an option, even if it does not have ANC, for which I anyway have the Xm4

Oct 18, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #499 of 2,070
It's open-back so no doubt it does not have ANC. It's as open as it gets. I haven't heard it but I guess it's the best wireless HP out there.

Oct 18, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #500 of 2,070
Has anyone here tried Ananda BT ? I am also exploring that as an option, even if it does not have ANC, for which I anyway have the Xm4
I tried ananda and honestly H95/xm4 is not even close.
Edit: it’s not a fair comparison IMO. Open back and close back have different usage. As I wrote in another post it’s trading convenience for sound quality. If you want ultimate sound quality look elsewhere.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #501 of 2,070
I tried ananda and honestly H95/xm4 is not even close.
Edit: it’s not a fair comparison IMO. Open back and close back have different usage. As I wrote in another post it’s trading convenience for sound quality. If you want ultimate sound quality look elsewhere.

This is comparing apples with oranges in many respects, so I think the Ananda bt is (almost) irrelevant mentioning in this thread:

1. Ananda is only bt headphone NOT anc (bt) headphone.
2. Ananda having ONLY 10 hours playback after 2,5 hours charging vs 50-60 hours in the h95 after 2 hours charging.
3. Ananda is open back vs closed back, so no isolation at all with Ananda passively or with inexistent anc.
4. Ananda is 500g in weight and much more big vs... Is the Ananda really portable?
5. No playback controls at all in Ananda
6. For telephone calls you need attaching something extra to Ananda.
7. Ananda costing $1000 USD vs $800 USD for h95
8. Can you connecting with 2 devices with Ananda?? Probably you can't.

The h95 is having anc obviously, fantastic playback controls, is excellent for telephone calls, having real portability, incredible battery life, is very comfortable, can connecting with 2 devices, and having excellent sound for a (anc) bt headphone that competing very good with many very good wired headphones. The design is personal preference and the materials of Ananda I don't sure, so can't commenting there.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #502 of 2,070
Somebody posting in this thread that he contacting b&o and they replying saying maximum volume output for h95 is 100 dB.
85 dB is already dangerous level for the ears according to many scientific articles.

The majority of the people posting opinions and impressions in this thread and in YouTube (not sponsored videos) don’t complaining about volume.

There is a big difference between 100dB maximum, and the average rms level of music playback. If the maximum music peak is 100dB, then less dynamic music will sound quiet. Have a look at the loudness database, and you will find plenty of music with 15dB or more of dynamic range. Also remember, the way they measure dynamic range is, they take the loudest 20%, then measure that. So much of it is much more.

So 80dB is a comfortable level for the dramatic bits of music. Most people go higher, and it is OK if that is the minority of the music, and you don't listen for hours, as 85dB needs to be for prolonged time to do damage. So 100dB, if it is peak, maybe on the low side. If it is average rms, and 12dB above that in peaks get through, no problem.

So I do not think that gives a definative answer.

However: If you are listing to compressed electronic or metal music at 100dB, you ARE damaging you hearing, fast.

Oct 19, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #503 of 2,070
Excellent point, my jagwap friend in the lab!
"100dB" alone means absolutely nothing.
If it's Sound Pressure Level (SPL) measurement, as I might be pushed to think, one should also specify "@1m", or rather "@1cm or 10cm" when it comes to headphones I guess.
And even then, I'd love to know whether it's Peak or RMS level, ta... And when I'm done with that, I also need to be told the obvious, which is that those dB SPL are A-weighted. :cop:
If on the other hand we're talking about the 101.5 dB, 1mW @1kHz "Driver Sensitivity" as affirmed on the official website, now that's completely another story!

All I'm left with is that I could crank the H95 up to 80-85% volume on some relatively quiet tracks for some time, but that's all I'm going to ask for, 'cause I like to play it little on the safe when it comes to sound exposure of any sort. Blessed be sound engineering education!

Oct 19, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #505 of 2,070
Nice Video, but there is a little mistake at th end of the video. In the manual you will find this:

To store the headphones in the case, make sure that the sliders are fully pulled out, rotate the earcups to lay flat and fold the earcups towards the headband.

In the video the sliders are not pulled out at all.

Oct 19, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #506 of 2,070
Hello. I promised to write a sound-quality review of H95 but my headset has a problem with volume dial and it went to B&O repair service. (Right volume dial rotates twice harder than left dial and sometimes it does not affect the volume at all.) So I will write about this case when get more information from B&O.

Oct 19, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #507 of 2,070
In the video the sliders are not pulled out at all.
Ha. You're right, rael buddy! I didn't notice that!
Those arms really are too tight to fit in the case. I have no problem storing them with a... say 3/4 elongation, which is how I wear the cans on my head, with hardly ever feeling the need of an adjustement.

Oct 19, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #508 of 2,070
New review of h95 in youtube. This is the more complete review of h95 I seeing until today.

By the way, he's saying in the review that 10 minutes charging will giving you 5 hours of playtime if the battery is dead. This is more than I guessing before when discussing quick charge some weeks ago (b&o never mentioning quick charge so this are very good news).

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #509 of 2,070

Hello obsidyen.

I writing before a semi long reply about your comments but I deciding I don't posting this comments because I think will provoking some replies, and maybe some a little rude (not from you).

But I deciding this is my best comment now even if is seeming little strange / cryptic: I like the song 'The Numbers" by Radiohead very, very much. For me the studio version is great, and is more or less like putting very good things about different headphones in one song, and the studio version is the result. The h95 for me is more like this different version that I prefer from the original studio version.

Oct 20, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #510 of 2,070
Had these in black for a couple of days now, and must say I’m extremely happy with them.

The sound is effortless and extremely engaging, and really plays to my tastes. My other favourite headphone remains my trusty B&W P7 Wireless.

Do I wish the H95s went a little louder from my iPhone? On some tracks, yes, I do. But certainly not across the board, and it’s really not spoilt my immense enjoyment of them. And as has been well covered, the build quality and overall package is simply a treat.

No buyer’s remorse here, despite the lofty price tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back