NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Sep 19, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #301 of 2,077
Haven’t seen any official AU price listed as yet, though I haven’t contacted B&O. Seeing the NZ price though has me fearing the worst.
I normally find the price of headphones in NZ to be pricier than in Australia (plus you guys always have more options :weary:). So I am confident that H95 will also be cheaper there. Arghhh, probably I need to find another headphone then :sob:

Sep 19, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #302 of 2,077
I normally find the price of headphones in NZ to be pricier than in Australia (plus you guys always have more options :weary:). So I am confident that H95 will also be cheaper there. Arghhh, probably I need to find another headphone then :sob:

One option I mentioning already is buying from a b&o shop in EU and having deduction of European VAT like AlexKoss doing for shipping the h95 to Qatar. This way even when adding import tax in Australia or New Zealand the final price is never 950 euros and is possibly more cheap than the 800 euros official price in EU. The price declaration for exporting h95 (from EU) is about 665 euros (this is the official EU price without VAT).

The problem with this option is you can't returning h95 if you don't liking the sound. And for future possible warranty problems is necessary sending the headphone to EU country of purchase and paying the shipping both ways.

Edit. The warranty is valid in all the world. Is making no difference where you buying the h95. The confirmation of this is by AlexKoss, 2 posts below this post.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #303 of 2,077
One option I mentioning already is buying from a b&o shop in EU and having deduction of European VAT like AlexKoss doing for shipping the h95 to Qatar. This way even when adding import tax in Australia or New Zealand the final price is never 950 euros and is possibly more cheap than the 800 euros official price in EU. The price declaration for exporting h95 (from EU) is about 665 euros (this is the official EU price without VAT).

The problem with this option is you can't returning h95 if you don't liking the sound, and for future possible warranty problems is necessary sending the headphone to EU country of purchase and paying the shipping both ways.
Yeah, warranty related issue can be extremely problematic with this approach. I may just wait for black Friday if there is any interesting deal. It would be amazing if they can put a discount to remove the import tax. The estimated ETA of H95 in here is mid october, so I might as well wait till November for black Friday. Thanx for the advise Angelom. Super helpful as usual

Sep 19, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #304 of 2,077
Yeah, warranty related issue can be extremely problematic with this approach. I may just wait for black Friday if there is any interesting deal. It would be amazing if they can put a discount to remove the import tax. The estimated ETA of H95 in here is mid october, so I might as well wait till November for black Friday. Thanx for the advise Angelom. Super helpful as usual
As per B&O UK, warranty is international...

It was one of my questions when making a purchase.

Shop quote below:
"i can confirm that the warranty is international, so in the unlikely event of a fault you can use Bang & Olufsen's online repair service where they can help you diagnose an issue or create a return label for them to be returned and repaired, or you can take them to your local Bang & Olufsen store and they will be able to assist you with this."

Sep 19, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #305 of 2,077
As per B&O UK, warranty is international...

It was one of my questions when making a purchase.

Shop quote below:
"i can confirm that the warranty is international, so in the unlikely event of a fault you can use Bang & Olufsen's online repair service where they can help you diagnose an issue or create a return label for them to be returned and repaired, or you can take them to your local Bang & Olufsen store and they will be able to assist you with this."
Hi Alex, thank you for this info! May I ask what was the price that you paid (after VAT deducted)?

Sep 19, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #306 of 2,077
Hi Alex, thank you for this info! May I ask what was the price that you paid (after VAT deducted)?
£583.33 (after partial refund of full purchase)
And because it's shipped via eBay global shipping program all custom's fees are visible at the checkout and unfortunately they calculated from full price, in my case Qatar is only 5%....

Sep 22, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #307 of 2,077
Frequency response graph of h95 (red) and comparing with b&o h9 3 gen (green), shure aonic 50 (blue) and sony xm4 (black):

H95_FR_graph.png

The review with more graphs here: https://www.lbtechreviews.com/test/headphones/bang-olufsen-beoplay-h95

Sep 22, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #308 of 2,077
Sep 22, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #310 of 2,077
was wondering if H95 will sound significantly better using DAC(something like dragonfly) and 3.5 cable?

As I understand, the H95 does not have a pure passive mode, but the signal always passes through the headphones electronics. So maybe you can bypass their DAC, but not the internal amp. In the worst case the analog signal may be passed through an ADC first, and then take the same path as a digital source signal would. This is most likely the way if a stored EQ is applied to the analog input. This might be a good question to ask at B&O support.

Sep 22, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #311 of 2,077
was wondering if H95 will sound significantly better using DAC(something like dragonfly) and 3.5 cable?

I don't know the experience you having with wired headphones / earphones and DACs. The important word in your post is "significantly". Yes, is possible obtaining better sound with a good DAC but this benefits in reality are (very) small, but is often common finding very exaggeration in many posts, specially when the DAC, amp, cable, portable player is (very) expensive. This is common with all audio equipment, the exaggeration that producing many better sound with DACs, amps, expensive hi-res portable audio player, burn-in, hi-res files and cables...and is the same exaggeration with many better sound from (very) expensive headphones or earphones.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #312 of 2,077
I don't know the experience you having with wired headphones / earphones and DACs. The important word in your post is "significantly". Yes, is possible obtaining better sound with a good DAC but this benefits in reality are (very) small, but is often common finding very exaggeration in many posts, specially when the DAC, amp, cable, portable player is (very) expensive. This is common with all audio equipment, the exaggeration that producing many better sound with DACs, amps, expensive hi-res portable audio player, burn-in, hi-res files and cables...and is the same exaggeration with many better sound from (very) expensive headphones or earphones.
Have you had a chance to try your H95s with a cable, to compare? In my experience, improvements are quite variable across headphones; for example, our shared favorite P7W sounds absolutely terrific (and notably better) when switched off and connected to a moderately powerful source like a Dragonfly. Other headphones like the PX and P7X sound only slightly better—probably due to their inability to be used passively—which reduces their versatility.

I agree that the gains may ultimately be insignificant, but it's still a very reasonable question to wonder if a TOTL wireless headset like this one could benefit from pieces of home gear that most of us already have.

Sep 22, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #313 of 2,077
Have you had a chance to try your H95s with a cable, to compare? In my experience, improvements are quite variable across headphones; for example, our shared favorite P7W sounds absolutely terrific (and notably better) when switched off and connected to a moderately powerful source like a Dragonfly. Other headphones like the PX and P7X sound only slightly better—probably due to their inability to be used passively—which reduces their versatility.

I agree that the gains may ultimately be insignificant, but it's still a very reasonable question to wonder if a TOTL wireless headset like this one could benefit from pieces of home gear that most of us already have.
Right... the H95 can’t be used passively which is first and foremost why our friend is suggesting you won’t see much improvement. Still, could be interesting to compare.

Sep 22, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #314 of 2,077
Just wanted to comment on volume on the H95: I’m in the camp that for whatever reason listens to music at louder volumes. (Damaged hearing? Less sensitive ears?)

I find I’m Listening between 70-100% volume (usually closer to 70, depending on the recording.) These aren’t as loud as some other headphones I’m used to (H6 gen 2), but they are wireless and playing a balancing act between volume and battery life. (I imagine I will not get anywhere near as many hours of battery life from these as the OP, but still expect they’ll be very good.)

Take that for what it’s worth. They’re *almost* not loud enough for me on some recordings, but I’m still satisfied so far.

Sep 22, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #315 of 2,077
Right... the H95 can’t be used passively which is first and foremost why our friend is suggesting you won’t see much improvement. Still, could be interesting to compare.

Did use the H95 with a RME Adi DAC wired vs Buetooth AAC over my iphone. It definitely can‘t be used passive. I do not hear any significant difference between wired vs AAC. I even think it sounds a little bit better with Bluetooth. Can‘t use it with my Focal Arche as it Is in an other room. Hope that helps a little bit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back