NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Sep 10, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #196 of 2,072
Ordered mine (in black) here in the EU already some days ago and will recieve it tomorrow. Looks like they work off the reservation list (as I got an orderlink for the grey mist version One day later) Hope the sound quality it‘s as good as the MW65.

@0bsydien.
Owned a Elegia about a year ago and updated to the Stellia if this helps?

Stellia must be amazing, it's sadly over the budget for me at the moment so I'm looking for a good closed-back under 1,000.

Sep 11, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #197 of 2,072
Thinking of buying these, but will need to add an Aptx Adaptive transmitter to my computer to take advantage of these. I don't see any on Amazon or from a google search. Are there any Aptx Adaptive transmitters available to add on to computers?

Sep 11, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #198 of 2,072
Sep 11, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #199 of 2,072
50 hours 10 minutes with first full charge with BT only. Battery 19% more is showing in the app. The h95 specs saying 50 hours so is very possible I obtaining 60 or more.

Of this 50h 10m, about 50 mins is calls and audio messages, 15 mins anc on with music, and 20 min ambient mode on with music.

Sep 12, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #200 of 2,072
The shure sa50 is recently my favourite (anc) wireless headphone/earphone for the sound quality only (but is having 3 problems so I deciding changing and buying the momentum 3 again). This is true about the sound quality until I hearing the sound of the h95.

I really liking the sa50 sound very much, but some albums don't sounding completely correct, but fortunately isn't many, only some. And 3 albums I liking very much are in this category that isn't sounding so good with sa50: Fear Inoculum by Tool, The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust, and Hunky Dory by D. Bowie (2015 remasters).

With the Tool album something isn't correct, I trying maybe 5/6 times but can't immersing in this album like with momentum 3 (with eq necessary) or p7 wireless. With the 2 albums by Bowie, specially Ziggy Stardust, the sound is little thin in low frequencies and little sharp in treble. Is similar with Hunky Dory but is less serious than in Ziggy album.

I don't needing eq in h95 with Fear Inoculum, and the 2 Bowie albums sounding more correct than with momentum 3 and p7 wireless (with their factory sound). With h95, after many hours listening (about 55 hours in 11 days), I don't finding one album yet, in many genres, that isn't sounding very good / excellent.

Yes, the h95 for me is phenomenal headphone and I repeating that is the best of all the wireless (anc) headphones or earphones I hearing before.

Sep 12, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #201 of 2,072
I receiving email today from a good American friend that having passion for music and good sound like me. He's having more experience than me with some very expensive wired headphones (some is costing more than 2000 USD), amps and dacs and speakers. I having more experience with wireless (anc) headphones and expensive wired earphones than he. But he is owning some very good (anc) wireless headphones and earphones like sa50 (he liking this very much, and is his favourite, after my recommendation), p7 wireless, mw65, Airpods Pro, etc. (He never hearing momentum 3 or other b&o or sony anc headphones). He don't like posting in audio websites. I saying him: "You can writing in head-fi your opinion (good, so so or bad) with 100% freedom even if is contrary with my opinion. Is always good having more opinions". He don't like posting so here I copying and pasting exactly his short opinion from the email:

I received my H95's late Thursday afternoon. I spent all afternoon yesterday listening on my commute. Now this is a wonderful phone. The design is top notch. I love the volume control (never liked the Shure's volume control). Comfort is the best I have experienced in an ANC phone and up there with the best in general. Now the sound quality is also pretty fantastic. It's actually not even close to other lesser (and less expensive ANC phones). It has an 'airy' sound (for 'phones, esp. ANC) that I have not experienced with others.

As a matter of fact, these sound so good I think you have understated their excellence when writing about them on Headfi.

My Shure's sold this morning.

Edit. My friend is correcting me and is saying that he owning too Sony xm2 and xm3 but don’t liking and selling the 2 headphones very soon.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #202 of 2,072
Hello AlexKoss.

The short answer is I think in YOUR situation bose nc700 is better. I owning before and remember this headphone very well.

The more long answer is this. The h95 is excellent for telephone calls, but I only trying indoors, I using with normal mobile line and with WhatsApp and Skype calls. And I know that if ambient mode is on (this is always automatic on what you making a call) and is wind around you, you will hearing the wind and maybe the other person too. NC700, in contrast, is blocking background noise in fantastic way. Your own voice, when using the call feature, is sounding more natural with nc700 too than with h95.

Anc is very good in both headphones. I can't remember exactly nc700 in comparison with h95, but bose is always excellent in this area. H95 I can telling you that is very. very good too with anc, maybe similar good with nc700 but I can't comparing directly now. But I comparing with sony xm3 that is maybe king of anc and h95 isn't so good but isn't far from xm3.

2 days ago i have purchase BOSE 700 and have returned them next day, i didnt like the sound at all, very very flat, but my pair was falty as right ear was making constant noice ones power is on...

any how got H95 from UK BO store and should be geting them within a week)

Sep 13, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #203 of 2,072
Because isn't more opinions of h95 in this thread, I finding 5 more opinions from 2 and 3 days ago from the website Trustpilot. This opinions/reviews are always of verified purchases. (https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.bang-olufsen.com).

* * * * * B&O has created something truly special with the H95
I have just bought the H95 headphones and I think they are simply incredible! I love the fresh, grown-up and clean design, the wheels for volume control and ANC, the attention to detail as in the case, the cables, the raw titanium drivers, the lack of visible stitching on the headband, the cleaning cloth, the on/off/BT switch and materials used and comfort compared to earlier H9 generations. When it comes to the sound I think it is also insane, with details in my favorite music I haven’t heard with previous B&O headphones. These headphones deserve quality music and focused listening. A stunning way to celebrate B&O’s 95th birthday! I am looking forward to the 100th. Congratulations B&O!

* * * * * H95 is brilliant
I was in the market for new cans for quite some time. Looking at all the usual suspects, I was eagerly awaiting the H95 release and took the plunge. I am not disappointed by any means. The workmanship is excellent (as would be expected in this price range) and the sound quality, being the most important feature, meets that of my wired high-end headphones. I have not fully tested ANC in various environments but it has not disappointed so far. The dial adjustment is a plus to find your preferred level.

* * * * * Beoplay H95 - an excellent product
Excellent product quality, so far the best I have seen in the market! Soundwise its also best in the wireless class. Even phone calls are flawless. Love the wheel on each ear cup for adjusting the adaptive ANC and for volume control. Battery time is very, very long.
Criticism? Not at this price point.
An excellent purchase, love it!

* * * H95 is good but lacks H9 features
Pros:
Noise cancelling is awesome.
Sounds great.
Feels great.

Cons:
No more ear detection. My H9 has that.
Music pauses when i take h9 off but not on h95.
Cup size feels small. May be i have big ears. I do feel little pressure on my ears.

* * * * * The H95 is a tremendously well-executed product
The H95 is a tremendously well-executed product. I love the industrial design, audio quality and comfort. The case is a nice bonus and I feel every detail was intensely crafted.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #204 of 2,072
I got my H95 two days ago. I think they are fantastic. The Sound is quite neutral. The Bass Is a little bit elevated, but nothing to be worried about. The Sound reminds me of the M&D MW65 and Is therefore very Good for a ANC. Hights are much better than the H9i, very detailed and pleasing. Neve had the feeling loudness woudn‘t be enough.
Builtquality Is superb as well (but you would expect this from a 800 Euro headphone). When I first toucht it it felt like a tank. Last time I had this feeling was After touching the M&D MW60.
Had no chance to use the ANC in real life so nothing about this at the Moment. No problems concerning connectivity so far.
Did I regret spending the money? Def. No. Is it worth the Money? Well, not quite sure about this as there are other ANC Headphones for half the price or less that can perform as well in particular areas, but I don‘t know one that performs that good in all areas.

@obsydien
Concerning Your question. The Elegia Is the better Headphone (as Is the Stellia or the Heddphone). Depending on the amp the sound is a little bit finer, more detailed. But it depends on what You are looking for! If You want a good headphone to listen to at home without disturbing wife or children and You like the Focal sound Signature, go for the Elegia. But if You want to commute with it there is no better headphone at the moment. Soundwise perhapse the MW65 but ANC is weak and I have some problems with a view Classic recordings concerning the loudness. Well and this one is half the price.

well, for me, i think I have found the best ANC Headphones for my requirements at the Moment and most likely for a long time!

Sep 13, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #205 of 2,072
@obsydien
Concerning Your question. The Elegia Is the better Headphone (as Is the Stellia or the Heddphone). Depending on the amp the sound is a little bit finer, more detailed. But it depends on what You are looking for! If You want a good headphone to listen to at home without disturbing wife or children and You like the Focal sound Signature, go for the Elegia. But if You want to commute with it there is no better headphone at the moment. Soundwise perhapse the MW65 but ANC is weak and I have some problems with a view Classic recordings concerning the loudness. Well and this one is half the price.

well, for me, i think I have found the best ANC Headphones for my requirements at the Moment and most likely for a long time!

Little correction: the mw65 is not half the price, h95 costing 800,00 euros, mw65 costing 500,00.

I having problem with classical music too with the volume of mw65 but not with h95.

Speaking of the sound of mw65 and h95, I can understanding why you maybe preferring the mw65 if you listening more classical music than other genres. Because the mw65 is having sensation of more elevated treble because is having less bass and with classical music maybe sounding more clear for this reason, specially if is music with big orchestra when is easy with many headphones hearing muddy sound. BUT when you listening many other genres AND even some classical music (chamber, solo piano, solo violin, string quartet, etc.) in my opinion the h95 is sounding better, more correct or more close with the sounds of the instruments we hearing in the real world.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #206 of 2,072
well, i think the end of my post was missleading. The H95 is for me the headphone to go! The MW comes close soundwise but the H95 is superior in every aspect.

You are right about the price, but You can get a discount on the MW65 being sold thru almost every online dealer (got mine for 399 Euro). But it‘s my understanding that You can get the H95 only thru B&O directly or one of their shops so a discount is very unlikely

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #207 of 2,072
well, i think the end of my post was missleading. The H95 is for me the headphone to go! The MW comes close soundwise but the H95 is superior in every aspect.

No problem. :) Is always possible that some people will preferring mw65, or other anc headphone, than h95 for different reasons. I only wanting giving my opinion of mw65 vs h95 because I liking the design AND the construction of mw65 very, very much but unfortunately the max volume problem and the sound, even if good in general, isn't sufficient good for several genres. And not very good anc either.

You are right about the price, but You can get a discount on the MW65 being sold thru almost every online dealer (got mine for 399 Euro). But it‘s my understanding that You can get the H95 only thru B&O directly or one of their shops so a discount is very unlikely

Yes, I'm sure is possible buying mw65 now in some places for less than 500,00 euros (I paying 500 euros in Amazon), and is very possible this will happening too with h95 after some months. Is always normal that for some months the price is the official manufacturer price and later is less expensive.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #208 of 2,072
Anyone else waiting for the black version to be available?

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #210 of 2,072
Last night I posting a link of 5 Trustpilot comments of h95. This morning is new one star very negative opinion. I think the people looking in this thread for last 8-10 days knowing exactly the person posting this comments in Trustpilot. Coincidence this person is writing this comments only few hours after my link?

The title is "Beoplay H95 the WORST headphone ever !!" Worst headphone ever? Really?

Screenshot 2020-09-14 at 12.22.48.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back