NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Sep 9, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #181 of 2,072
@angelom
When you talk about comparison to h9 (elevated treble), is this compared to v1, or h9i and v3 that have elevated treble over v1? Or all of them?

I'm sorry, yes, you are correct, this is pertinent question! You must forgiving me because I don't remember all 3 versions exactly. BUT, I remember that even if I buying h9i for very good price I returning quickly because the sound is very thin (bad bass and treble). With h9 3g I remembering is sounding more correct, and I thinking I can using eq for correction. But I remember needing putting the treble down too in the eq app. The bass isn't having enough good weight either, but from my memory is better than h9i overall. Of h9 first gen I only remember that the volume in max position isn't good and for this reason I returning quickly.

Edit: I forgetting that with all 3 models the fit isn't sufficiently good (the round ear cups) because I always needing putting part of my ear inside the ear cup manually and this is bad design in my opinion and this is other reason for selling or returning all models. With v2 and v3 I'm hoping this is little bigger but I having same problem. BUT I still having good seal because I putting manually my ears inside the ear cups.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #182 of 2,072
Thanks for your time to give good answers @angelom
I also read the v1 had lower treble than v2/3, so I didn't want to upgrade since v1 was to my liking and I'm sensible to sibliance and hard treble.
So it sounds as h95 is in the right direction.

How do you think the sound is compared to momentum 3?

Sep 9, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #183 of 2,072
Thanks for your time to give good answers @angelom
I also read the v1 had lower treble than v2/3, so I didn't want to upgrade since v1 was to my liking and I'm sensible to sibliance and hard treble.
So it sounds as h95 is in the right direction.

How do you think the sound is compared to momentum 3?

If you're sensitive to sibilance and peak in treble, then h95 isn't a problem for you, and maybe you will loving this frequency.

The momentum 3 is a very good headphone, specially now that is having 2 eq options, one is terrible (that is only option for more than 2 years) and the new (2 or 3 months only available) with 3 band eq that is very basic but is working better definitely than the other terrible eq.

The factory sound of the momentum 3 is very good in mids and treble but has elevation in bass that is maybe very strong with some music and can sounding muddy with some albums, but is also a very exciting sound that having good combination of 'audiophile' and mainstream sound, with very good deep/low bass.

I returning my second pair of momentum 3 about 3 weeks ago (for problems specifically only with iOS devices) and I using the new eq all the time and this making nice positive difference in the sound.

The factory sound of the h95 is more correct in the combination of all the frequencies together and I hearing more refinement and more close resemblance with the sounds of instruments in the real life. For me eq is not necessary with h95, but momentum 3 with good eq, from my memory, still isn't giving the finesse in the sound and more natural reproduction I'm hearing in the h95.

But the momentum 3 you can finding for less than half of the price of h95 and is a very good recommendation from me (specially if you don't having iOS device). Momentum 3 is having very good construction quality too, the best only after the h9, h8 and m&d mw65 (but this costing about 500 euros and having max volume problems).

Sep 9, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #184 of 2,072
Thanks again @angelom
How's the width inside earpads on the h95 vs momentum 3 ? Same?
Could you please measure the h95 inside width for me?
The h9 pressure on the end of the frames on my glasses behind my ear, making it uncomfortable after a few hours. And this is the most important case for me to upgrade.

Sep 9, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #185 of 2,072
How's the width inside earpads on the h95 vs momentum 3 ? Same?
Could you please measure the h95 inside width for me?
The h9 pressure on the end of the frames on my glasses behind my ear, making it uncomfortable after a few hours. And this is the most important case for me to upgrade.

I posting measurements of earpads in other post in this thread. I finding in b&o website. Please try finding that post.

I wearing glasses too and this isn't a problem. The h95 is more comfortable than momentum 3 for me.

If you really thinking of buying h95, maybe order online. b&o offering free shipping and return for 30 days. BUT this is only for online transaction NOT if you buying directly in b&o shop.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #186 of 2,072
Hello AlexKoss.

The short answer is I think in YOUR situation bose nc700 is better. I owning before and remember this headphone very well.

The more long answer is this. The h95 is excellent for telephone calls, but I only trying indoors, I using with normal mobile line and with WhatsApp and Skype calls. And I know that if ambient mode is on (this is always automatic on what you making a call) and is wind around you, you will hearing the wind and maybe the other person too. NC700, in contrast, is blocking background noise in fantastic way. Your own voice, when using the call feature, is sounding more natural with nc700 too than with h95.

Anc is very good in both headphones. I can't remember exactly nc700 in comparison with h95, but bose is always excellent in this area. H95 I can telling you that is very. very good too with anc, maybe similar good with nc700 but I can't comparing directly now. But I comparing with sony xm3 that is maybe king of anc and h95 isn't so good but isn't far from xm3.

Thank you very much angelom, for your detailed answer.

So if you are indoors the difference in mic performance between the 2 are minor and then sound (music) quality will prevail in h95 over 700... with good ANC) h95 is winning....

Sep 9, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #187 of 2,072
40h 10m and 34% battery showing in the app.

Of this maybe 50 minutes I using with calls and audio messages (ambient mode is automatically activating when using h95 for calls, memos or recording audio messages) and maybe 15 minutes with anc on. The rest is only BT mode.

Sep 10, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #189 of 2,072
Could you comment on the soundstage, compared to other headphones you tried?

Isn't easy speaking about soundstage because you hearing often exaggerated opinions. For me of all the (anc) wireless headphones I hearing in the past, 3 having the best soundstage: p7 wireless, momentum 3 and h95. Momentum 3 maybe having more big soundstage, and is similar with p7 wireless. H95 is having more natural soundstage presentation with better more clear layering and depth.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #191 of 2,072
As far as I know the EU regulation do not apply to earphones and headphones (for now) but only to PMP (personal music players).
So not sure that the H95 has a volume cap; I've emailed B&O to ask, will let you know the answer.

Here is B&O reply :

"The H95, like our other earphones and headphones, is capped at 100 dB. Please be aware, however, that the higher the dB the lower the battery endurance of the headset or earphones."

Sep 10, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #193 of 2,072
Here is B&O reply :

"The H95, like our other earphones and headphones, is capped at 100 dB. Please be aware, however, that the higher the dB the lower the battery endurance of the headset or earphones."

“Sounds at or below 70 dBA are generally considered safe. Any sound at or above 85 dBA is more likely to damage your hearing over time. Researchers have found that people who are exposed over long periods of time to noise levels at 85 dBA or higher are at a much greater risk for hearing loss.”

Sep 10, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #195 of 2,072
Ordered mine (in black) here in the EU already some days ago and will recieve it tomorrow. Looks like they work off the reservation list (as I got an orderlink for the grey mist version One day later) Hope the sound quality it‘s as good as the MW65.

@0bsydien.
Owned a Elegia about a year ago and updated to the Stellia if this helps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back