NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Nov 24, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #661 of 2,072
I will buy either H95 or Shure Aonic 50 in the next few days. They are both significantly cheaper on amazon.de for Black Friday. (it was H9 - sorry for confusion). I also consider Senheiser Momentum 3. I really care for ANC but Sony & Bose didn't satisfly me with their Sound Quality. I hated Sony sound signature (XM3). Bose was ok, but not on the level I want to experience music. I just prefered my Grado SR60 and I would want my new headphones to replace my old Grados completely.

I will be using them for listening to music both at home and comuting and in office to help me focus.
How is H95 ANC performance specifically for office noise, chatter etc - that's where I need ANC most? Can you compare it to Aonic 50 / Sony XM3 / Bose 700 / Sennheiser Momentum 3? I quess what I want to get to know here mostly is if it's better or worse than Aonic 50 and Momentums.
How is H95 sound leakage compared to any of those. Especially Aonic 50 and Momentums?
When I read about sound quality here I'm getting mixed signals. On Aonic 50 it's only only praise if you are not a bass head, with H95 it seems different. I understand that they have little bit different sound signature but sound quality wise - could you say that one is better than the other objectively in some aspect? Details, stage, better for particular genre?

I love Grado sound signature. I also enjoyed B&W P7 wireless a lot. Which ones do you think I would prefer for listening to music - H95, Aonic 50 or Momentum 3?

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #662 of 2,072
I will buy either H95 or Shure Aonic 50 in the next few days. They are both significantly cheaper on amazon.de for Black Friday. I also consider Senheiser Momentum 3. I really care for ANC but Sony & Bose didn't satisfly me with their Sound Quality. I hated Sony sound signature (XM3). Bose was ok, but not on the level I want to experience music. I just prefered my Grado SR60 and I would want my new headphones to replace my old Grados completely.

I will be using them for listening to music both at home and comuting and in office to help me focus.
How is H95 ANC performance specifically for office noise, chatter etc - that's where I need ANC most? Can you compare it to Aonic 50 / Sony XM3 / Bose 700 / Sennheiser Momentum 3? I quess what I want to get to know here mostly is if it's better or worse than Aonic 50 and Momentums.
How is H95 sound leakage compared to any of those. Especially Aonic 50 and Momentums?
When I read about sound quality here I'm getting mixed signals. On Aonic 50 it's only only praise if you are not a bass head, with H95 it seems different. I understand that they have little bit different sound signature but sound quality wise - could you say that one is better than the other objectively in some aspect? Details, stage, better for particular genre?

I love Grado sound signature. I also enjoyed B&W P7 wireless a lot. Which ones do you think I would prefer for listening to music - H95, Aonic 50 or Momentum 3?

I did not find the H95 on Amazon .. Link?

Nov 24, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #663 of 2,072
Ooomph. Y-yup. Neither did I...
As You gentlemen may understand, when I read "they're significantly cheaper" I thought of a sudden price drop that would've left me with a twisted feeling, even though I don't regret a single cent out of my grey H95. Thus I rushed onto the German Amazon only to find out that the H9, not the H95 were apparently on sale. No trace of the latter indeed.
Geese... I don't need these kind of things while suffering from angina pectoris these days! =D

They wrote me that the headset they tried to sent me and that has now returned back to facility is out of warranty! I don't even know what to do with this...
Hi, er... Higaida! Now this leaves me with a horrible taste just as well. Crazy f**ked up. I feel it for you, mate! Really sorry you have to go through this... Unbelievable!

Nov 24, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #664 of 2,072
How on earth can a product that has not been out for more than 1-2 months even be considered to be out of warranty to begin with (aside from the duration of this mess)? I would immediately get on the phone with B&O and escalate

Yes, this is complete mess and isn't speaking very good about b&o customer service. This is more important when you speaking of (new) premium product like h95. No excuse for this terrible service. Yes, a call in the telephone is absolutely necessary and a real (not cutting and pasting) apology from b&o is minimum they must doing, and maybe offering the customer 10-20% refund for all the problems. Good companies doing this when they making very bad mistakes.

I checking Amazon UK, Italy, Germany, Spain and France and I don't seeing the h95 selling in all the places, even when you going in the Amazon link for the b&o store the h95 isn't showing.

Nov 24, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #665 of 2,072
Just a minute ago B&O support answered that all those "out of warranty" messages were because of some glitch in their warranty service and they apologised for that. And they are going to make a new shipment to nearby UPS Access Point instead of my home address. So will have to wait again. And they even said that they will gift me a P2 speaker because of all the those problems I've got with warranty service. Actually I don't need P2 speaker at all, I only want my headset back, but I appreciate their gesture.

Nov 24, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #666 of 2,072
Mane... That really sounded like some kind of an unfunny joke! Or a glitch in the poopmatrix for that matter, really...
Happy to hear you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

@WDitters : Please let us all know your A/B impressions with the Aonic 50 (a set I've been tempted to buy but also the only one I couldn't test). Thanks!

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #667 of 2,072
Just a minute ago B&O support answered that all those "out of warranty" messages were because of some glitch in their warranty service and they apologised for that. And they are going to make a new shipment to nearby UPS Access Point instead of my home address. So will have to wait again. And they even said that they will gift me a P2 speaker because of all the those problems I've got with warranty service. Actually I don't need P2 speaker at all, I only want my headset back, but I appreciate their gesture.

Just send it to me...

I'll even buy it :)

Nov 25, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #669 of 2,072
Ouch. Sorry for a confusion. Yes, only H9 is there. I just typed it into google and was directed to H9 page. So no H95 there, sorry. I'm still interested in answers though.
Well, the H95 has practically no sound leakage at all, so that's one question answered. Hopefully someone else can fill you in one the A50.

Nov 26, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #670 of 2,072
Ouch. Sorry for a confusion. Yes, only H9 is there. I just typed it into google and was directed to H9 page. So no H95 there, sorry. I'm still interested in answers though.

I can speak for the Momentum 3 and the fact that it's sound leakage is way above average. When at work, I need to lower the volume by a couple of notches relative to the volume I'd normally like to listen to. Momentum 2 was much more acceptable in this regard.

It's SQ is a bit too bass heavy for my tastes by default but with the EQ it's really very, very good - not sure how it compares with EQ to the H95 and A50, but I'm sure that EQ makes it at least competitive.

I'm looking at the H95, Aonic 50 and Drop THX due to the sound leakage of M3s but unfortunately no one has really been able to compare those options with the Drop THX.

Nov 27, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #671 of 2,072
So the H95 came in today. My first impression is that the H95 just coming out of their box probably will have to go through a significant amount of burn-in first in order to "come loose" ... :xf_cool: ...

Because currently my Shure Aonic 50 have way more soundstaging as well as a much more detailed and transparent mid-high .. But that's probably an unfair comparison given the fact that my Shure has already gone though 100s of ours of intensive usage ...

Question to the round: What is the current firmware revision level? My B&O app seems to have some difficulties connecting to the internet.

Nov 27, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #672 of 2,072
So the H95 came in today. My first impression is that the H95 just coming out of their box probably will have to go through a significant amount of burn-in first in order to "come loose" ... :xf_cool: ...

Because currently my Shure Aonic 50 have way more soundstaging as well as a much more detailed and transparent mid-high .. But that's probably an unfair comparison given the fact that my Shure has already gone though 100s of ours of intensive usage ...

Question to the round: What is the current firmware revision level? My B&O app seems to have some difficulties connecting to the internet.

Hi,

To be honest, if I think that a break-in can maybe improve things a little, I would not expect to improve things dramatically.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying you will not like the H95. I am just saying that you may be really accustomed to the Aonic that hearing something different let's you think you're missing something.

Regards.

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #673 of 2,072
Hi,

To be honest, if I think that a break-in can maybe improve things a little, I would not expect to improve things dramatically.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying you will not like the H95. I am just saying that you may be really accustomed to the Aonic that hearing something different let's you think you're missing something.

Regards.

Fully aware of that ... And more than happy to invest the time to see whether the sound signature grows on me or not ... For now I definitely need to give it time. I loved the DALI IO-6, I loved the Shure Aonic 50 even more, so out went the DALI. Now to see whether the H95 will be able to make me forget my SA50 :)

Nov 27, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #674 of 2,072
Fully aware of that ... And more than happy to invest the time to see whether the sound signature grows on me or not ... For now I definitely need to give it time. I loved the DALI IO-6, I loved the Shure Aonic 50 even more, so out went the DALI. Now to see whether the H95 will be able to make me forget my SA50 :)

I have both A50 & H95, 8 out of 10 times I use the H95. I use the A50 more now than when it was warm, as the ear cups get too warm for me. I’m no expert, but I feel the A50 sound is flatter, less bass. However the H95 sound just seems to be on point, even with slightly more bass than the A50, which you can flatten in the app.

Nov 27, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #675 of 2,072
Hi,

Regards.

Like PenguinHeadphoner saying, I think you will not hearing drastic audio change after 100s of hours with h95. I'm not surprised about your opinion after I knowing very well how much you liking the dali-06 (I'm never sure before that you liking he sa50 more! I think you changing your preference for other problems of the dali-06).

For me the sa50 is not exactly more flat, but is more like diffuse field curve, but little better, more realistic. The h95 is, I think, between the diffuse field and Harman curve, but is more close with Harman target that for me representing more realistic the sound of speakers and the sound of instruments in the real world. The more analytical character of the sa50 isn't what I hearing in real life, personally. This is similar when photographs or video are showing more details than what we seeing with the human eyes. The extra details are always nice and can seeming impressive often, but aren't sufficient real.

What is strange for me is that you hearing a more big soundstage in the sa50. Maybe this is true, I don't having the 2 headphones for direct comparison, but the depth of the h95 must be better, a more 3-d type of sound.

EDIT. The last firmware of the h95 is 5.2.1. I never having problems with app connecting with internet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back