New BA IEMs from Brainwavz?
Dec 1, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #61 of 187
Finally the B series pricing and tentative release dates:

B100 (Single BA) - under $60 ~ Mid to end Dec 2016
B150 (Single BA) - under $110 ~ Mid to end Dec 2016
B200 (Dual BA) - under $230 ~ End of Jan 2017
B300CD (Ceramic housing, detachable cable, Triple BA + Single dynamic) - under $300 ~ Releasing Mid 2017

The B100, B150 and B200 will use the same housing design.

Cheers
Raz.

Interested in checking out B200.

Very interested in checking out B300CD!

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #62 of 187
If any you have comply foam T-130 made for Phonak Audeo ..pls try them on!

Have the B100 and with them....its simply awesome ...timbre of bass is sublime and really bring out the texture....detail and clarity also seem more focused imho.

Can't wait to try the rest of B series...woot woot

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #63 of 187
If any you have comply foam T-130 made for Phonak Audeo ..pls try them on!

Have the B100 and with them....its simply awesome ...timbre of bass is sublime and really bring out the texture....detail and clarity also seem more focused imho.

Can't wait to try the rest of B series...woot woot

Glad to see you're in on the B series 
beerchug.gif
 I don't have any of the T-130 foams, but I do have a bunch of other foam pairs that will fit. Thanks for the suggestion!

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #65 of 187
B150 are very nice indeed. Very small shells and thin nozzle. Almost feels like I'll break them but they are sturdy. I like them the most with foams. Seal is perfect.

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #66 of 187
Have been burning in the B150 for 50 hours now. Very nice earphones IMHO and the best by far I've had the pleasure to try for Brainwavz (Jive,  S5, M100 and now B150). 

B150 feels very neutral and really excel with vocal music. Listening to for example Adele is pure joy. They are very near my highest threshold when it comes to highs and at rare occasions they even go into painful sibilance for me. This though is on tracks that are prone to piercing highs from the beginning. Bass is just right for me. Compared to the m100 which were very bassy and "fun" these B150 are providing a fast and effective bass and with just the right amount for me. 

I have big ears so they are almost on the small side for me but they feel very comfortable. I actually forget I'm wearing them at times. This for me is excellent marks for ergonomics. Been using the provided foams which gives excellent seal.

I've  been using my FiiO x7 and Oppo  ha2 combo exclusively for listening.

More to come...

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #68 of 187
Yes B100 is a winner in me book...excellent tuning which I really fancy with comply foam T130 Large...can't wait to try the other B series.

Insertion depth do play a part imho for me where deep insertion gives a fuller sound while I do agree thinner sound with normal insertion of the B100.

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #69 of 187
It'd be interesting to know how the B150 and B100 differ in terms of tonality. I guess we won't know until somebody has heard both.

Anyway, as already mentioned twice, I think the B150 is a nice in-ear. And although Brainwavz will go with black silicone tips for the production version, I like the red ones of the prototype with the final tuning.

Dec 6, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #70 of 187
I am finding the B150 to be sensitive to both tip selection as well as insertion of depth. currently rocking them with the included foam tips and I am enjoying the consistency of hte sound. I am curious to try different types of foam tips to see how the sound changes. Too bad its narrow bore lol, all my foam tips are regular size. 

Dec 12, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #72 of 187
I got a pair of B150 from the Fed Ex man this morning and took them with me. Was at a park and did some Christmas shopping. Like the cable. Perhaps the lower half could relax a little. Hopefully it will. The over the ear portion is one of my favorites for it being fairly short thin and the preformed type. I like it better than the one on the Alpha Delta D2. Cable is a bit microphonic when being more active until you put the cinch up then it stems it nicely.

I like the Phonak-like silicone tips. Seem those tips are changing to black but would be nice to have red and black for spares and to go red/right black/left. I am using the largest ones and the fit seems very consistent and easy with above average isolation. The small and ergonomic housings certainly help with the nice fit and being so small and light they do disappear in the ear more than many other earphones will.

Like the skinny case. First time I've had that one actually. Still would like only one zipper pull. Two is for luggage and book bags. No need on something so small and it adds weight and looks less "neat".

The sound is indeed nicely cohesive and balanced. Sounds like a little burn in is needed as the bass notes have a hint of fog/blur/bloat around them that may clear up. Heard that before and it usually does some. Not a peak or hump but more like each bass notes have a little something wrapped around them. Other than that they sound is sweet with good clarity and well rounded stage if not the largest but wider bore tips may help it expand. Treble, bass, and mids are so well integrated and there is enough of each. Treble is just smooth enough and prsent enough with no issues with vocals or cymbals. Good balance being well extended enough and is at a slight but pleasant roll off point. Mids are right up front with the bass and treble and male and female both nice and clear and clean with some warmth and good weight. Not heavy and not thin or lacking. Nice balance here again. Bass is a nice amount. A tiny bit of weight with a good seal and extension is nice. Solid for an armature and not lacking but still not dynamic sounding. The decay is slightly long for a single armature but what will burn in bring. If that extra thing that wraps the notes goes away with burn in or different tips the speed and decay may be quicker and may make the bass appear lighter. Have to try tips and run them in a while to see how that turns out in the end.

So, the early impression is really good. Coherent, capable, and nearly nothing as a con so far. Agree that they are a winner and more refined and mature than the S series dynamics and other Brainwavz budget models.

Edit: Think the red tips accentuated the bass oddity. Put on Technica Sport2 tips on them. They are wider bore and stiff core and don't flex and the bass is better and the wider bore does give a bit larger stage/bigger sound to the B150. Had to be something like that(usually is) when one small oddity appears in an otherwise flaw free presentation. 

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #73 of 187
I've become interested in these. Has anyone yet have compared the B100 and B150? Are they mostly just different sounding or is there much difference in sound quality? @B9Scrambler said B100 would be better than UE 600. Which one of B100 or B150 would be closer to UE 600? Also, many reviews say UE 600 isolation is above average, which I like a lot about them. @B9Scrambler Have compared these in a noisy environbemt? How's the isolation?

Also I have a problem with my left ear canal, it's quite large and weird shaped so that it's very hard to get seal. UE 600 are the only ones where I can always get good seal and it stays even if I move my jaw. I'm using the second largest silicon tips (the comply foam tips that came with it weren't as good nor comfortable). The largest tip wouldn't be overkill but I want to use same size tips on both ears. But the reasons for the good seal I think is because the tips are large and soft, most tips are pretty inflexible. Also the long nozzles help inserting it deep and comfortable.

Now my concern about the B100/150 are that the nozzle is thin and quite short (many earbuds seem to have it even shorter though). I don't know if there could be large and flexible enough silicon tips for it, that would give as good seal and comfort as the UE 600. It's not like I could buy these and switch back to UE 600 if it didn't fit, my current ones are breaking so I have to decide what to buy. If there are any balanced armature earbuds that would fit my ear better, feel free to recommend. PM if it gets too off topic.

EDIT: If B100 vs B150 is like UE 600 vs UE 700, 700 being more aggressive and sibilant, I'd like the UE 600 / B100

Dec 13, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #74 of 187
  I've become interested in these. Has anyone yet have compared the B100 and B150? Are they mostly just different sounding or is there much difference in sound quality? @B9Scrambler said B100 would be better than UE 600. Which one of B100 or B150 would be closer to UE 600? Also, many reviews say UE 600 isolation is above average, which I like a lot about them. @B9Scrambler Have compared these in a noisy environbemt? How's the isolation?

Also I have a problem with my left ear canal, it's quite large and weird shaped so that it's very hard to get seal. UE 600 are the only ones where I can always get good seal and it stays even if I move my jaw. I'm using the second largest silicon tips (the comply foam tips that came with it weren't as good nor comfortable). The largest tip wouldn't be overkill but I want to use same size tips on both ears. But the reasons for the good seal I think is because the tips are large and soft, most tips are pretty inflexible. Also the long nozzles help inserting it deep and comfortable.

Now my concern about the B100/150 are that the nozzle is thin and quite short (many earbuds seem to have it even shorter though). I don't know if there could be large and flexible enough silicon tips for it, that would give as good seal and comfort as the UE 600. It's not like I could buy these and switch back to UE 600 if it didn't fit, my current ones are breaking so I have to decide what to buy. If there are any balanced armature earbuds that would fit my ear better, feel free to recommend. PM if it gets too off topic.

EDIT: If B100 vs B150 is like UE 600 vs UE 700, 700 being more aggressive and sibilant, I'd like the UE 600 / B100

I had the UE600, well, the UE Super.fi 5 non-pro actually before the changed the name and the B150 is in the same vane but I think the fit might be a bit better and they have more bass and lower reach. I think it was the opposite B100 is thinner, leaner, and brighter and going to the B150 is warmer, a bit smoother and weightier. Fairly sure you'd like the B150. I agree that you might want larger tips due to the shorter nozzle length( I do) but I think the better sound comes from firmer tips. Does depend on the tips as there are longer tips. The ones I am using are longer and firmer than UE tips. Large UE = 9mm long and the Audio-Technica large are 12mm long so tips can make up the difference. The red large are 10.5mm long if they are exactly the same as the black ones that will come with the B150.

I would say, though from memory, the B series should have the UE600 beat in isolation by at least a small amount.

Anyhow, that was what i was gonna ask. How many like them better with firmer tips?? I think the bass is cleaner and more punchy. Maybe a bit less focused bass with softer tip perhaps letting some resonance take place that a stiffer thicker cored tip stops.

Oh, and also the case zipper pulls are cast metal and can be broken off small pieces at a time with needle nose pliers. I removed the extra pull from the case already:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back