New audiphile
Jul 27, 2018 at 11:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

astrophile

New Head-Fier
Hello All,

I’ve just started to love this amazing world of listening to music properly.

My name’s Edwin and I´’m glad to join this gang.

First off, I’d like guys to help me find the correct gear, you’ll see, I’ve juts purchased my WH-1000 MX2 from Sony which I love’em but ain't sure if im taking all the advantage from them.

I been reading lots of posts about DACS and Amps, and decided by myself to get a DAC+aMp FiiO Q1 Mark II Portable Headphone Amplifier & DAC, because right now I’ve juts paid Deezer HI FI plan and heard it’d be cool getting a DAC or AMP.

I got a xperia XZ which has a typeC port and fiio hasn’t got it, but by now I want 2 hear my music from my lap in Deezer HIFI…..later i´ll get a Player from fiio as well.

My questions are :

· Are my headphones worthy?

· Am I doing the right thing? Do yall recommend me Fiio Dac for to listen to music in deezer?

· Will I need an amp later?

· Will I need a HI RES player?

· Sorry, but lost of doubts aren’t easy to tell.

Thanks a lot.

Jul 27, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #2 of 10
Alright, let me go down the row with these.

· Are my headphones worthy?
Overall, they're not bad headphones and probably are the best Bluetooth headphones you can buy at this price range. Obviously, there are better options out there that you can look into getting for the future.

Normally I would say to stay away from Bluetooth headphones for listening to lossless audio just because the majority of codecs compress the audio for it to be transferred via Bluetooth, but these headphones can transfer up to 990kbps, so you're OK.

If you're looking to upgrade, it's best to tell us what you're for looking in a pair of headphones. If you want something that is full of energy and fun, He-500's are great, but if you want something more down to earth and analytical HD600's are also great. Depends on the type of music you're listening to.

· Am I doing the right thing? Do yall recommend me Fiio Dac for to listen to music in deezer?
As long as you're the current sound card isn't utter trash (pops and clicks etc), your current setup is OK. But, if you're looking to upgrade from your current headphones, then you probably would benefit from a good DAC (Schiit Modi 2 is a great starting point).

· Will I need an amp later?
If you want to ever upgrade from your current headphones, then yes, you will 100% need an AMP later on. This also depends on what kind of headphones you're looking to get in the future, some may not need an AMP, but many will benefit from a good AMP.

· Will I need a HI RES player?
Depends on you. If you're on the go a lot, then it could be handy.

Never be afraid to ask questions :)

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #4 of 10
Well you bought wireless noise canceling headphones a amp is going to do nothing unless you hook them up wired if that is a option don’t know never seen them. A Dac unless it has Bluetooth out doubt that that will change much either as the headphones has a Bluetooth receiver that will decode the signal sent from whatever source so you are looking at whatever the quality of that setup in the headphones is all you got. Will a better Bluetooth source be better don’t know. As far as I can tell the Fiio Q1 doesn’t do Bluetooth.
You say you’re loving them are you using them wireless or plugged into something? If it is wireless then I doubt anything will increase the audio quality. If it is wired then could be . Bought my wife a pair of HD-1 over ears and the sound from Bluetooth and wired is quite different and yes the wired is better to me.

Jul 30, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #5 of 10
Good nite guys

I am really sorry for my delay, but I've just gotten home. I was in business trip.

Armink, Man im really happy to be in this gang, you guys are truly pretty wise. There are somethings I still do not understand but im bloody sure i can count on yall.
TO be honest im still learning and Armink you really helped me out bro. I just thought today that maybe the best way to learn is trying and making mistakes, dunno.

For example, Now I know that shiit brand exists on earth and liked it. This'll be mah gear....I aint that rich to have expensive gear, so what'd ya think?

• Headphones: Sony WH 1000MXM2
    Impedance (Ohm): 46 ohm (1 kHz) wired.
    Frequency Response : 4 Hz-40,000 Hz
    Sensitivities (dB/mW): 103 dB/mW (1 kHz) Wired
  • I decided to use DEEZER HI-FI plan ( 16 bits, 1411 Kbps FLAC songs online ) instead of downloaded Flac songs which are way to expensive and aint got time to be downloading' em from rutracker.
  • My mac at home and my PC at my office.
  • Imma get a DAC/ AMP but im not sure if it'll be Fiio or SHiit) ( Here is where I need you all)
    Which should I buy that matches my set up? FiiO Q1 Mark 2 vs Shiit Fulla 2 ???
Sorry again for hitting u back till now.

Jul 30, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #6 of 10
Here are the pros and cons of each:

FiiO Q1 Mark 2
Pros:
  • Very small form factor, easy to carry around.
  • Sound great!

Cons:
  • Might get hotter than the Schiit's because there are no ventilation holes.
  • Might not be as powerful as the Schitt (but you shouldn't be able to tell the difference because these headphones are easy to drive).
  • Made in China.
Schiit Fulla 2
Pros:
  • Powerful.
  • Might stay cooler than FiiO's.
  • Made in the USA.
  • Sound great!

Cons:
  • Bigger, making it harder to carry.
  • Does not come with cables.

This is all assuming the headphones come and support a wired connection if they don't, neither will work as neither support Bluetooth.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #7 of 10
armink, I have no words to tell you how much I apreciate your support.

You've helped me a lot.....Maybe right now I cant help you since I know almost nothing, but I'll do my best to learn quickly.

Let me think of it, and I will let u know which DAC I will get and tell u my review. thanks.a million.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back