New Audio Technica Woodies: ATH-W1000Z announced
Nov 3, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #76 of 259
To be fair, Audio Technica's sound signature have been all over the place ever since the W5000 and all the X remodels of the older models. I mean, even their new CKR-9 and CKR-10 both sounds totally different even when they are on the same line.

I don't even know what to expect anymore...

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #77 of 259
@bill-p - yeah well the w5000 has been the a-t flagship for nearly nine years. the w3000anv was a limited edition model to commemorate a-t's 50th anniversary as you know. a new woodie flagship from a-t does feel overdue i suppose.

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #78 of 259
To be fair, Audio Technica's sound signature have been all over the place ever since the W5000 and all the X remodels of the older models. I mean, even their new CKR-9 and CKR-10 both sounds totally different even when they are on the same line.

I don't even know what to expect anymore...

don't know where this post-w5000 myth originated. like currawong said, it seems that every a-t flagship woodie has had a unique sound signature.

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #79 of 259
I am referring to Audio Technica as a whole. W1000X is a total departure to the overall sound signature they used to hold. Go listen to the L3000, it sounds... rather Audio Technica-ish, in line with most the older gen flagships. A2000X and W1000X can be nearly seen as polar opposites.

Back then, I can tell most that Audio Technica can sound airy, sparkly and with sweet mids, but can sound a touch bright. Their mid range product tend to have more bass than their top of the line. Not anymore with stuff all over the place. It isn't a bad thing, most AT still retains their sweet mids but you just don't know what to expect next.

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #80 of 259
haven't heard the l3000 but its reputation is based on its kick-ass bass - kind of a departure from other a-t cans in general. it's not known for having an airy presentation either but the w5000 does for a closed can. the only common sonic trait i associate with a-t cans are their mids but then someone in this thread described the l3000's mids as lacking - go figure. :wink:

Nov 6, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #82 of 259
Nov 6, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #83 of 259
  e-earphone is reporting a price of 70k yen, so just over $600 at today's rates. That will make it an interesting competitor to Sony's Z7s.

yea, I mentioned that a few pages back my self :3 I'm hoping I can purchase both in the spring for an all out DUKE EM OUT, that and I currently own like 2 $600 closed backs, and figured why not get two more to compare and make a nice posting of it, 

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #84 of 259

e-earphone is reporting a price of 70k yen, so just over $600 at today's rates. That will make it an interesting competitor to Sony's Z7s.

yea, I mentioned that a few pages back my self :3 I'm hoping I can purchase both in the spring for an all out DUKE EM OUT, that and I currently own like 2 $600 closed backs, and figured why not get two more to compare and make a nice posting of it, 

I like the idea of this. 
smile.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #85 of 259

I like the idea of this. 
smile.gif

Me too, I'd like it even more if I could get some demos so I don't have to take a $100 hit on buying and selling these [which I may not be able to sell these on Head Fi As Paypal at the moment doesn't like me LONG story] anyways

Let's hope I can get some Demo Samples from Some one, I hear that there's this Headphone Library Place, I wonder how it works 

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #86 of 259
  Hey guys.

Guess what?!

Someone's brief comparison of the W3000ANV against the W1000Z.

W3000ANV to go out while portable with nano iDSD modification of ifi, was viewing comparison. Frankly speaking, is staging a little away from the W3000, it becomes so-called normal position, of feeling that bass was also refrain, it is crisp unit. Tightening of the lateral pressure becomes quite soft, came out the distance from the driver unit to ear. That amount, because the sound pressure is lowered, there was a need that little volume increase. The number of sounds a lot, easily for eye sound way, it is a good game per HD800 which is a good amplifier. Or say, because quite a high resolution for the price, you buy without thinking anything.

and extra impressions.

"
You'll want pursued single-mindedly the "sound", it is such a headphone. Bass as sinks in massive rich, high-frequency to light and delicate, and beautiful "sounds" over above all the entire band, it is the best feature. Sound field will feel a little narrow, but I want to actively listening to classic. Fine depiction of high-resolution sound source also has sounded divide capability. Or such as Ako stick live sound source would be the best choice. I will in a trance Kikihore to voice will likely extends also to anywhere. Together with the amplifier of the vacuum tube, and begin to believe what we should listen, you have been terribly excited. Do you next try also listened to jazz. Trumpet Why do not. Are either divided listen to fine subtleties of the hi-hat. It is a really fun headphones. And wearing feeling a little heavy, become a likely shift is that the charm. 
[Review Date: 2014/10/22]

Despite what the big change and without existing Oteku headphone design, housing glossy clear coat was applied on top of the natural teak has further enhanced the texture. But it also a good idea to put in ornamental, high-quality sound you want embezzlement every day If you listen. Or movement of the diaphragm is good, even in the Wood series of headphones, it is a good sound of the response to line up to ATH-W5000. Low frequency also has a moderate profound feeling, and then you have finished in the sound that listening Gotae, by Wood material unique sound way and high resolution, and has realized the sound field of a three-dimensional appearance. Hi-Res live sound source is compatibility looks good. It is a high degree of perfection that sound of the stringed instrument feel is headphones. 
[Review Date: 2014/10/23]

"

vlenbo, can you post the original links to the reviews? I think the translations are harder to read than the original text XD

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #87 of 259
Will be comparing the W1000Z sample side-by-side with my stock W1000 and W1000X 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #88 of 259
vlenbo, can you post the original links to the reviews? I think the translations are harder to read than the original text XD

Good Point, lol.

Here is the source!

http://www.e-earphone.jp/shopdetail/000000050207/

Will be comparing the W1000Z sample side-by-side with my stock W1000 and W1000X :)  

Awesome! I'm eager to hear some impression comparisons from you. :)

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #89 of 259
  Will be comparing the W1000Z sample side-by-side with my stock W1000 and W1000X 
smily_headphones1.gif

I jelly xD

I only have a modded W1000X 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back