NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400
Mar 2, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #376 of 405
The LS200 is fantastic. Between Totl-offers and this the gap isn't that big especially considering the price point.
Which one in particular?

I've heard several "TOTL" iems that don't really sound that good for the price.

Mar 19, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #377 of 405
Hi. My Fischer DBA 02’s finally died after 4 or 5 years. They are the only IEM’s I used so I haven’t got a great deal to compare them with, but I loved the balanced sound they produced so I’m looking for something similar.

One of my pet hates is bass taking over and bleeding into the midrange so I don’t want anything like that, but at the same time I don’t want anything too thin sounding. The DBA’s got it just right for me.

Anyway, I’m looking at the Audio Technica E50 or LS200. Based on what I’ve said are they a good choice?

Btw, I used comply tips on the dba’s and the earphones will be used exclusively with an iPhone .

Thanks.

Apr 8, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #378 of 405
I had the chance to try the LS70. They were quite good, I actually preferred these over some more expensive IEMs from other brands, but I found that they were lacking in the high range.

I was also considering as well the LS200is, I read a lot of good stuff about those online but I didn't have the chance to try them.

Has anybody had the chance to perform a proper comparison of the LS200is to the LS300is? Also the E70 might be an interesting option from what I read in this topic (but they have a higher impedance, maybe too high for iPhone?). The LS400 is out of budget, considering that I will also have to buy the better cable.
I was also interested in a comparison between the Campfire Audio Comet and the LS200is.
I will use for everyday listening when I'm not at home (at home I use the HD650), so I prefer a balanced sound (not U-shaped).

Thanks!

Jun 20, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #380 of 405
Has anybody had the chance to perform a proper comparison of the LS200is to the LS300is? Also the E70 might be an interesting option from what I read in this topic (but they have a higher impedance, maybe too high for iPhone?). The LS400 is out of budget, considering that I will also have to buy the better cable.
I was also interested in a comparison between the Campfire Audio Comet and the LS200is.
I will use for everyday listening when I'm not at home (at home I use the HD650), so I prefer a balanced sound (not U-shaped).

Thanks!

I prefer the LS200, LS300 is way bassier and loss some clarity. Didnt like the LS400 too.

Was trying out a bunch of ear/headphones during my trip to tokyo recently, and end up getting the LS200. Neutral but with surprisingly good mid presence and comfortable all around. I had a IM70 that broke (rather easily) so I wasn't really looking at Audio Techinicas but the result was so good I can't leave without it.

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #382 of 405
i've had my LS200 for a year now, here is my short impression

Bass pretty good for a BA at this price range extends pretty well but it wont shake or rumble, you can sorta feel it at least compared to my full-size AD900X without EQ.

Mids: lower mids aren't sucked out or pushed out, male vocals come out nice and clean, upper mids are boosted but are not shouty think HD650s.

Treble: lower treble and upper treble is airy but isn't sparkly, they tuned this to be non offensive and fatiguing, it's very easy to listen too for extended periods of time even at high volumes.

cons: the only cons i can think of these is the stock cable is meh quality and very micro-phonic, the stock tips are garbage, im using the CP100 SS tips, i also have a pair of Spiral dots Version 1s in Small, missed the updated version by a month, the spiral dots have this quality about them where i can let them rest on my ears and get a full sound instead of having to jam them in like everything else, note that i also have tiny ear holes so the CP100SS aren't great for long period usage, but then again for the price point i think it's fine to get crappy accessorises but a great IEM.

Source: straight out of an LG G6 with the quad dac, no hissing that i can hear, music source doesn't matter for these, they don't make crappy mastered music sound crappy, they really have similar qualities to the senns HD650/600 but they aren't exactly them in IEM form.

May 7, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #383 of 405
I just ordered the LS200s to replace a broken pair of beloved Audeo PF232s. Can anyone link me to good replacement cables and good silicone tip options for these? Thanks!

May 8, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #384 of 405
Is it just me or is the LS50 just bland and boring? I've tried tip-rolling and removing the filters which didn't improve the sound by much. I was hoping it would be a step above the IM70 based on some of the reviews here, but I still find the IM70 more rich-sounding and "musical" with slightly better detail retrieval. I only bought them for the iS cable as my E40's broke, which disappointingly broke down in only a few months. Recently I got a new E40 cable but have noticed the LS50's connection is loose on the left side.

Aug 30, 2019 at 2:44 AM Post #387 of 405
I'm quite curious about it as well, considering many prefers it over the Ls300 unlike how my IM04 fared on its line.
Maybe you can be the one that try the leap of faith?

Nov 19, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #388 of 405
Just bought a pair of LS200is, my first pair of Audio Technica IEMs. I love my MSR7 and like a lot the M50x and M70x. Also I have read that these are similar sounding to the HD600/650 which is my favorite headphone. Very hyped about.

Will write again once I have tried them.

Nov 20, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #389 of 405
Tried LS50 and 70 just the other day, so it's just like how I remembered IM50-70 was tuned, and not much difference.
Also LS70 is closer in tuning to the IM04 than the LS50, unexpected.
IM04 still won on instrument separation, soundstage depth&width, and how it present everything more in 3d manner.
The two entry level DDs still have that flat plane of representation.
Not bad for the price but IMO these days Chi fi is catching up, and fast.
AT's unique mids tuning isn't enough to keep entry level buyers from flocking to much cheaper chi-fi.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back