NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400
Dec 14, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #348 of 405
How was the dunnu iem?
Exaggerated mids, boomy bass, but very nice highs, in a nutshell. I think the Klipsch X11i sounds better EQ'd and they are on sale at Beach Camera for $59 and when they came out they were $350. I hate to keep bringing the Klipsch up in comparison but that IEM is no slouch when EQ'd, you can actually get it to sing really well, and for $59 compared to the cost of the DUNU 3001 $469.00 I will do some EQing and call it a day.

Dec 14, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #349 of 405
Exaggerated mids, boomy bass, but very nice highs, in a nutshell. I think the Klipsch X11i sounds better EQ'd and they are on sale at Beach Camera for $59 and when they came out they were $350. I hate to keep bringing the Klipsch up in comparison but that IEM is no slouch when EQ'd, you can actually get it to sing really well, and for $59 compared to the cost of the DUNU 3001 $469.00 I will do some EQing and call it a day.
I heard the dunu 2000j so I can't comment on the 3001. IMHO you won't beat e70 under $1,000. I know because I spent a ton of time and money before finding e70.

Here's some other good ones under $1,000:
  1. AT-03
  2. At-r10
  3. JVC

Dec 14, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #350 of 405
I will try the x11i. How would you compare the klipsch to the e70?

Dec 14, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #353 of 405
I heard the dunu 2000j so I can't comment on the 3001. IMHO you won't beat e70 under $1,000. I know because I spent a ton of time and money before finding e70.

Here's some other good ones under $1,000:
  1. AT-03
  2. At-r10
  3. JVC
Dude, I think I'm done buying and returning things to Amazon for a while, I actually had my account terminated there for that in 2014 but I was able to sneak another account in there using some different info, ha ha, makes me a little nervous. Thanks for the links and when I get the guts to return more things to Amazon I will check them out!

Dec 15, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #354 of 405
Dude, I think I'm done buying and returning things to Amazon for a while, I actually had my account terminated there for that in 2014 but I was able to sneak another account in there using some different info, ha ha, makes me a little nervous. Thanks for the links and when I get the guts to return more things to Amazon I will check them out!
Wow they banned you... That sucks. I demoed iem prob 2-4 per month on Amazon for about a year and never got banned. I can't remember whether I got a warning or not.

Dec 15, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #355 of 405
Wow they banned you... That sucks. I demoed iem prob 2-4 per month on Amazon for about a year and never got banned. I can't remember whether I got a warning or not.
In Amazon's defense, I was buying and returning way more things than should've been allowed. I got the warning message and still continued on like I never received it, then one day I got the other message saying my account has been suspended pending review. A couple weeks later I called and tried to reason with them and make excuses but they didn't want to hear it and informed me that it was permanent. It was a sad day but I found a way around it and now I try to be a little more careful. HA :D

Dec 15, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #358 of 405
Hell no! The v20 dac has special settings that requires a special app.

I use uapp, Nuetron and the Lg music app. Uapp actually streams tidal.

I'm guessing you tried ie800 and shure se845?
Yup, tried both, wasn't impressed. I try to hit all the criteria for IEM goodness such as, efficiency, MP3 forgiveness, power forgiveness, and amazing sound. I can't always have first-class music and amp next to me so I try to get it all no matter what the situation.

Dec 15, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #359 of 405
Yup, tried both, wasn't impressed. I try to hit all the criteria for IEM goodness such as, efficiency, MP3 forgiveness, power forgiveness, and amazing sound. I can't always have first-class music and amp next to me so I try to get it all no matter what the situation.
Sitting here drinking some wine and listening to the JH vs the Klipsch and I am just astounded how the JH captures how music should sound.
WOW, I just can't even get the Klipsch in the ballpark of the JH during critical listening but during general listening I can get about 60-70% quality. I guess that's what the $1000 price tag is for haha.

Dec 15, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #360 of 405
I agree I tried them both but liked e70 better.

Imho, mp3 forgiveness is a weakness when it comes to superior sound. That's because inevitably, if something is so forgiving it won't sound dramatically better with high end equipment. It is a benefit when listening to cheap or lower quality though.

However, I like my iem to get as close to studio quality or to the original recording as possible. Difference real comes apparent with mqa and mp3 files.

BTW, did you try Tidal mqa yet? They had a 6month free coupon code.

See the bottom streaming 24bit 1514kbps:
mqa.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back