NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400
Oct 13, 2016 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 405

audionewbi

Headphoneus Supremus
I always had a love hate relation with my IM04 but as of late that relation has grown to love. So naturally I am excited.

Pictures from Fuija Avic show:

It uses the new coaxial jack and sound tube.

ATH-LS400
Link: https://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php?modelId=2887

• Equipped with a newly developed quad Balanced Armature driver of the LS series dedicated design that are both the richness of the resolution and a massive sound.

• Reproduce the overwhelming detail and sound field feeling LS400 dedicated quad network to drive the driver of the 4 groups.

• Improve the high frequency characteristics through the hybrid conduit to place the high-frequency driver on the ears and coaxial titanium.

• Play the bass off a brilliance in the wide range by the low-frequency driver of the 2 groups were arranged parallel to the mid-high range driver.

• Detachable code was adopted A2DC connector for adjustable audio to the flexible wire-cored.

• Hybrid housing of stainless × special resin.

• A2DC: Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial

ATH-LS300
Link: https://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php?modelId=2888

• Equipped with a newly developed Triple Balanced Armature driver of the LS series dedicated design that are both the richness of the resolution and a massive sound.

• Reproduce the localization and powerful immersive clear sound in the LS300 dedicated triple network to drive the 3 groups driver.

• Improve the high frequency characteristics through the hybrid conduit to place the high-frequency driver on the ears and coaxial stainless steel.

• Play rich bass with depth by the low-frequency driver that was parallel to the ear.

• Detachable code was adopted A2DC connector for adjustable audio to the flexible wire-cored.

• Hybrid housing of aluminum × special resin.

ATH-LS200
Link: https://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php?modelId=2889

• Equipped with a newly developed dual-Balanced Armature driver of the LS series dedicated design that are both the richness of the resolution and a massive sound.

• Well-balanced reproduce the super-high region and the whole of the sound in the LS200 dedicated dual-network to drive the driver of the 2 groups.

• Place the driver on the ears and coaxial, to improve the high-frequency characteristics, adopted stainless hybrid conduit to play a clear tone.

• Equipped with a driver to cover from high-frequency to low-frequency to play the bass with a relaxed mid-high range and the thickness.

ATH-LS70

Link: 
https://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php?modelId=2890

• Equipped with a "Live Tuned" dual Symphonic driver specially designed with a built-in two drivers tuned to within one unit.

• Hard carbon coating vibrating plate to achieve a depiction of a sharp until the delicate expression from the powerful sound.

• In long voice coil to improve the drivability of the driver, the low-pass representation thick.

• Reduce the distortion of the driver, reproduce the bass with a contour and attack a sense of clear sound by uniformly radiates sound.

• By the hybrid conduit of stainless steel and synthetic resin, improve the high frequency characteristics.

ATH-LS50

Link: https://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php?modelId=2891

• Equipped with a "Live Tuned" dual Symphonic driver specially designed with a built-in two drivers tuned to within one unit.

• Reduce the distortion of the driver, reproduce the bass with a sense of speed and sense of weight by uniformly radiates sound.

• By the hybrid conduit of stainless steel and synthetic resin, improve the high frequency characteristics.

• Reduce the distortion of the driver, reproduce the bass with a contour and attack a sense of clear sound by uniformly radiates sound.

Oct 13, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #5 of 405
It actually appears with each iteration they are actually adding something worth upgrading. Unlike other brand which repackage the same thing. 

True, however I don't like all of the updates which they made for the new line-up. For instance, introducing the A2DC connector from the E40/50/70 series. The inverted 2-pin configuration of old was superb, IMHO. Also, the shape looks a bit too "edgy" to me.

The LS200 looks quite interesting. Judging by the pictures, it uses a Sonion 26-E25 with AcuPass. Interesting to see how they are tuning it. Release is on November 18 for all models, right?

Oct 13, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #6 of 405
True, however I don't like all of the updates which they made for the new line-up. For instance, introducing the A2DC connector from the E40/50/70 series. The inverted 2-pin configuration of old was superb, IMHO. Also, the shape looks a bit too "edgy" to me.

The LS200 looks quite interesting. Judging by the pictures, it uses a Sonion 26-E25 with AcuPass. Interesting to see how they are tuning it. Release is on November 18 for all models, right?

I was a fan of that 2-pin connector but the take more space than the coaxial connector. Release for Japan seems to be the 18/11 but the rest of the world is unknown.

Oct 13, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #7 of 405
Damn, just when I ordered a second set of IM04's with the HDC5 cable!

A few things about the live sound series I noted:
  1. are they using a new model for the IEMs? The housing of the LS400 looks like it sticks out the ear a lot
  2. different nozzle angle compared to IM-series
  3. sharp angles! :frowning2:
  4. same driver configuration for LS400 (2x bass, 1x mid, 1x high) but newly designed crossover network
  5. Will we be able to change the sound tubes?

Oct 13, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #8 of 405
It appears that the part which actually touches your ear is the same as the IM0x line, just the exterior shell changed, well for the sake of changing it. 

Oct 13, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #9 of 405
hard to compare since the pictures are actually different ears, but interesting nonetheless:

Source: AT Japan

And LS70:

Source: AT Japan

Oct 13, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #10 of 405
For me im04 always sticks out, it never sat flash like the picture suggests.

The models for both pictures are different so even that isn't quite clear.

Oct 13, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #11 of 405
The models for the LS70 and LS400 are the same though. Could it be the first dynamic thats actually more flush than BA model? lol
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #12 of 405

No, the woofer is a triple tap driver and wider than the 2600. It should be an unannounced "23-E25"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back