New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Jul 22, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #109 of 11,233
This morning, same story. I can hear what seems to be backgroud studio noise in Joshua Redman Trios Live i had never heard before. Clearly defined reverberation as well. Just superb.

I will call it like i hear it: the r2r 7 is an all-star player. Given the asking price, It's a steal.

Jul 23, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #110 of 11,233
This morning, same story. I can hear what seems to be backgroud studio noise in Joshua Redman Trios Live i had never heard before. Clearly defined reverberation as well. Just superb.

I will call it like i hear it: the r2r 7 is an all-star player. Given the asking price, It's a steal.

Hi Fred, have you tried playing DSD material through the R2R 7? How does it compare to software player based DSD to PCM conversion? I am considering buying either the M7S or R2R7 and the native DSD support of the R2R7 is a feature which the M7S does not have.

Jul 23, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #111 of 11,233
Hi Fred, have you tried playing DSD material through the R2R 7? How does it compare to software player based DSD to PCM conversion? I am considering buying either the M7S or R2R7 and the native DSD support of the R2R7 is a feature which the M7S does not have.
I did not. I have no dsd file or converter. I am not into dsd at all.

Just turned off the pll this morning. Looks like it's going stay off for a long while. With my super usb chain ending with Singxer f-1 (Crystek clocks) outputing rj45 i2s, i get even better sound. Same effect as with the M7: more realness, more direcness. The sound signature is now very much like the M7, while in comparison, the sound is just more resolved in every way possible and smoother. Compared with pll on, as said, there is more directness and more sub-bass as well.

@Currawong: try pll off with Singxer su-1 (with a short high-quality hdmi cable), i think you will find the sparkle you were looking for.

Listening to Bebo Valdes live at the Village Vanguard right now, just awesome live sound. Very very real.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #115 of 11,233
Strange... considering that Master-7 is sent burn in for 300 hr. Just checked the page and indeed, it doesn't say anything about burn in.

I think he meant 150 hours more than the pre burned in 300 hours that Audio GD do for all Master amps and DACs.

Jul 24, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #116 of 11,233
I think he meant 150 hours more than the pre burned in 300 hours that Audio GD do for all Master amps and DACs.

They might have not done all the burning. In the first 24 hours, it changed a lot. For instance, after 12 hours, it was BAD.

I listened to it at noon during my lunch break, and the soundstage was simply phenomenal. There was a level of precision in depth, left-right and up-down positioning that was way better than before.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #118 of 11,233
Wow! I thought that at 300hr you'd hardly be able to notice a difference from then on.

They might have not done all the burning. In the first 24 hours, it changed a lot. For instance, after 12 hours, it was BAD.

I listened to it at noon during my lunch break, and the soundstage was simply phenomenal. There was a level of precision in depth, left-right and up-down positioning that was way better than before.

Did you leave it on? it might be something like with Yggdrasil, that you have to leave it on 24/7.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #119 of 11,233
Wow! I thought that at 300hr you'd hardly be able to notice a difference from then on.

Did you leave it on? it might be something like with Yggdrasil, that you have to leave it on 24/7.
I alway leave it on, although cooling/heating cycle can help the burning. The thing with audio-gd's big dacs is they sound "funny" for a couple of hour after being turned on. So i leave it always on.

Tonight, i am still amazed by the sound. I am thinking those r2r modules are so good that perhaps no chip converter can touch them.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #120 of 11,233
@Currawong: try pll off with Singxer su-1 (with a short high-quality hdmi cable), i think you will find the sparkle you were looking for.

Listening to Bebo Valdes live at the Village Vanguard right now, just awesome live sound. Very very real.

I'll give that a go. I have the F-1 and the other day I saw the pins for the I2S, so once I find them again, I thought of rigging up a direct I2S connection, however I'm using an iUSB 3.0 to the inbuilt USB, which has been pretty good. I need to ask Kingwa if any of the other internal sockets are I2S inputs as I still have plenty of internal cables I can play with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back