1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Audio-gd R7 (R2R 7) & R8 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by Currawong, Jun 30, 2017.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last
  1. FredA
    It is not missing. Just subtle. From the r2r 7 page:

Mode 1 Mode 2 Mode 3 Mode 3  

ATT0 On Off On Off
    ATT1 On On Off Off

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    DACLadder likes this.
  2. DACLadder
    Thanks... It's explained differently on the NOS 7 User Guide (after Oct 12, '16 release). ISP0/1 control the 3 modes. ATT1 is for a Neutral/ Smoother setting.

Anyway it looks like NOS 7 Modes 1,2,3 are set with ATT0/1 for Singularity models. I really need to find out what modes 1,2,3 actually do.

I read on the NOS 7 thread @Currawong did listening tests of the NOS 7 modes 1,2,3. Perhaps he can a share brief description of each.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  3. FredA
    It seems that smoother/neutral setting was ommited. Perhaps it will added in a subsequent version. There are jumpers to spare.

DACLadder likes this.
  4. DACLadder
    Well, I can finally try NOS 7 mode. My Singularity digital board upgrade arrived for my old Master 7. It's installed and working OK on High Exact mode HDMI I2S with SIngxer SU-1 and generic 0.5m cable. Amanero USB rock steady. Good bass, abundant clean highs, nice vocals. A little warmer sounding than the S7 but like the S7 more detail than the old box ever had. So get ready R2R 7 users the Singularity digital board is nice and performs well!

And can now finally upgrade the S7 firmware to the NOS 7 version.

5. Currawong Contributor
    I sent an email to Kingwa. I have never had a NOS 7 here.

DACLadder likes this.
  6. DACLadder
    @Currawong Have any impressions, concerns, and general love for the R2R 7 ??? Anyone else?

7. FredA
    My r2r 7 was shipped tonight, i could get it next week.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    DACLadder likes this.
  8. BoyNamedSue
    Nice, that was faster than expected. The website says something about a promotion. Did you get a discount? Seriously tempted.

9. Currawong Contributor
    R2R 7 > Solaris > Susvara is wonderful.

Kingwa replied about the NOS modes:

JaMo and DACLadder like this.
  10. FredA
    Yes i did. As a owner of a M7, i got 9%. It paid for paypal,shipping and handling.

11. richard89
    I'm considering purchasing this unit as well, but I have a few questions. Would it still be optimal if I used the R2R 7 as a computer DAC via USB where I would be using it for the majority of time? My concern is that I want good sound quality for my PC but maybe this unit not be as great if run through USB.

I also have a question about the I2S, because I have a Yulong U18 and it has a 12S connection, would it still be compatible, is there even any way to hookup the Yulong U18 I2S connection with the R2R 7?

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  12. FredA
    Seems like the usb sounds great, since it is the same as the Master-7 Singularity. The R2R 7 can be ordered such that the i2s inputs be made compatible with most DDC, free of charge. See Custom Options.

13. Currawong Contributor
    The USB will probably be a bit behind what one of the latests external devices that have a high-quality AES or S/PDIF output might be able to do, but we're at the stage of things that I sold my $1000+ converter because the USB in the DACs I have was as good, if not better.

14. richard89
    Any preference between the Master 7 to the R2R 7 Currawong? Any comment would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Alireza326 likes this.
  15. Alireza326
    my question also

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last