1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Audio-gd R7 (R2R 7) & R8 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by Currawong, Jun 30, 2017.
First

Back
372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381
383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391
Next

Last
  1. anroj
    Margo Rey - Waiting for Angela, Sinne Eeg - Willow weep for me, Scott Hamilton - I'll close my eyes

2. FredA
    U
    The first track of John Coltrane Blue Train. The first track of Bill Frisell East/West. First of Billie Holiday Solitude in 192/24.

ToddRaymond likes this.
  3. FredA
    I am at 210 hours of burn-in, and i tend to agree with Jan's obervation, something is missing at this stage.

I decided to try the internal in parallel, instead of the opposite, and i like what i hear more. The parallel mode is better.

4. Chopin75
    TO send you a sample track, is that what you mean ?

5. Jackula
    Yeah, just the names of your favourite tracks on Tidal.

6. UsoppNoKami
    Billie Eilish - Bad Guy & Xanny from When we fall asleep, Where do we go?

7. Chopin75
    I don't have Tidal but I use Quboz to buy some downloads so I presume they both may share similar tracks, see if you can find these:

Chopin - Berceuse, played by Francois Dumont
    https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/c...olonaise-heroic-francois-dumont/3775000078522

Any tracks from Haydn piano sonatas played by Hiroaki Takenouchi:
    https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/haydn-4-piano-sonatas-hiroaki-takenouchi/3775000078508

They are great piano tracks. Thanks!

8. rsbrsvp

Bottom line- which do you prefer and why or is it an "equal but different" issue???

9. Tango Sierra
    @Jackula
    Joan of Arc by Jennifer Warens from her Famous Blue Raincoat album. I am looking for impressions of her voice and Leonard Cohen's voice from this track.
    Good Morning Little Schoolgirl by Muddy Waters from Folk Singer (MFSL) album. Impressions of voice and room placement.
    Blue Rondo a La Turk by Dave Brubeck from Time Out album. Impressions of all instruments
    Blues Oriental by Cannonball Adderley with Milt Jackson from Things Are Getting Better album. Impressions of alto sax, vibraphone and instrument placement.
    The Fair Field by Malcolm Arnold from Arnold Overtures. Looking for general impressions of orchestral recording.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  10. Genna
    This morning finally I ordered a R7HE and HE-1 and am very curious how it sounds with a Master-3. I previously had an NFB-1.38 + NFB-1AMP + A1 and two month ago I upgraded to a Master-1 and Master-3...
    Next month I‘ll complete the chain with a DI-20HE.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    FredA, UsoppNoKami and ToddRaymond like this.
  11. PLGA
    Wow, nice upgrade!!

Please tell us your impressions once you receive them. Specially if you can compare the HE-1 with the Master 1. I have the latter and its a great preamp, I love it. But I guess the HE-1 must be a music monster!

Good luck.

Genna likes this.
  12. JaMo
    Congratulations. That is a REAL step up to the higher legue. You will not regret it.

FredA and Genna like this.
  13. Ake_Y
    Kingwa just launched 10 limited customized HE-7 Singularity with 8 pcs PCM1704UK ( Can't support DSD ) , built in Regenerative power supply , Accusilicon clocks and USB isolator.

The look from outside will be the same as R7HE, but inside will be HE-7 Singularity

If we focus only on PCM decoding, which one is better when comparing between R7HE and HE-7 Singularity ? Any pros and cons would be nice as well. Thanks.

http://www.audio-gd.com/En audio-gd.htm

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    ToddRaymond likes this.
  14. FredA
    The r7 has better highs, better neutrality and soundstaging/imaging. the pcm1704k is more euphonic and has a big bass. I like both a lot.

ToddRaymond and Ake_Y like this.
  15. JaMo
    The PCM1704UK is a red listed spieces. It is very pleasant to listen to. With the FPGA based Singularity board, it is one of the best out there for PCM material. In some way Kingwa has got his hands on a batch 1704uk's. It may be among the last ever. Almost a collectors item.

If DSD is of importance for You, You aren't limited with the R2R-decoder boards
    /Jan

FredA, motberg and Ake_Y like this.
First

Back
372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381
383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391
Next

Last