1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Audio-gd R7 (R2R 7) & R8 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by Currawong, Jun 30, 2017.
First

Back
341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350
352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361
Next

Last
  1. FredA
    I will try it maybe tomorrow in the morning.

2. UsoppNoKami
    Anyone got a download link to this new official release ? Cheers, KJ

3. Il Cuffiotto
    Ask directly to Kingwa. He will send it fastly.

4. UsoppNoKami
    1am here in our region, and heading into a Sunday, so I would not like to bother him. But I got it via email from a kind soul here already, will try tomorrow

5. peppyjoe
    I tried the latest update on my r8he coming from asy3. Soundstage appears big but there is a treble rolloff and it does not sound as anayltical as asy3. In short new firmware is smoother in high frequencies and there is more of an enveloping sound than before. Male voices are surely better in new firmware but i am not sure overall i like it more or not. I surely miss the treble.

6. Tango Sierra
    @DACLadder
    Do you know if optical on input 4 would work with DSDCLK on the M7S? I finally received the USB Blaster you recommended and need to choose which firmware to install. I was going to use R7V3 but all the hubbub about DSDCLK has me interested in that.

7. FredA
    I don't think it would.. I woukd recommend tda_asy3. It is awesome IMO and is available for your dac AFAIK.

Tango Sierra likes this.
  8. DACLadder
    @Tango Sierra i have no way to test IN 4 Optical but my understanding is that these recent parallel firmware files support optical.

And DSDCLK firmware sounds great on the M7S. OS and NOS are super. If you have a good I2S source I recommend it. All inputs sound good as well.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    Tango Sierra likes this.
  9. DACLadder
    What is the Altera filename for the “official” R7 asynchronous parallel firmware? Is it just the latest and greatest firmware? Is there new functionality? I may have it but want to verify if my file is the one mentioned today as official. Thank you!

10. Turdski
    Is there no longer (currently) a accurate and smooth version? Has it just been merged into a single 'dsdclk' version?

11. mivarpet
    The filename is "R7tda_Asy_P_rmdsd_dop.jic"

Interesting....

12. DACLadder
    Kingwa must have added or expanded DoP capability.

13. FredA
    Yes, it's DoP through spdif support.

14. Chopin75
    Yah the VH audio are having them on sale. But I am confused as to where to put them. VH audio stated they are mainly for the analogue stage, at least the cheapest small one they are selling. So where exactly should one put them? And one is needed on each analogue channel ?

15. DACLadder
    Thanks!

Here's the newest R7 firmware file (R7tda_Asy_P_rmdsd_dop.jic). Compare sound quality as I find I like DSDCLK better with PCM I2s or USB OS8. YMMV, of course, as the differences are small. What do you think?

All files in this folder are intended for the older DACs (no 10M ext. clocking, Optical IN4)).
    https://onedrive.live.com/?id=636DC4E8060D66A1!415&cid=636DC4E8060D66A1

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    PeterCraig and Tango Sierra like this.
First

Back
341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350
352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361
Next

Last