New Audio gd NFB-27 Sabre ES 9018 DAC and Headphone Amp
Jun 6, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #47 of 63
wow! if you can get them both for the same price get the 27h as fast as humanly possible! you're either getting a great deal on the 27h or you're over paying for the ha-1. it's just much a nicer listen all round imo.

the 27h doesn't look so bad, maybe vs the ha-1 the front panel looks a bit cheaper mainly imo due to the LED number display, but even that looks better in person than photos (I tried taking a few photos but the blue just bleeds in photos)

and yeh it's a behemoth, I had a pretty small desk which I ended up replacing it to give my 27inch mac some room either side

listening that track the differences I hear are when the double tracking of the vocals comes in listening the 27h it's the 2 different vocal tracks are more discernible.

you might not even notice the bass line during parts where every instrument is playing from the ha-1 if you're not paying attention, granted it's only barely there from the 27h.

the fire sounds a little more real from the 27h.
Thank you! I forgot that music video has some live effect. But anyway, it once again shows 27h is a much better option. Now I will have to save up for that. Or my wife will be killing me..

Jun 6, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #49 of 63
Thank you! I forgot that music video has some live effect. But anyway, it once again shows 27h is a much better option. Now I will have to save up for that. Or my wife will be killing me..

Buy it right now ! , you won't regret !  , and your wife would not kill you !
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #51 of 63
How does the single end jack compare to the xlr on the nfb 27h? Usually if something that contains both se and balance, the balance is usually superior. I have some headphones that's hard to convert to balanced.

Jun 7, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #52 of 63
Quote:
How does the single end jack compare to the xlr on the nfb 27h? Usually if something that contains both se and balance, the balance is usually superior. I have some headphones that's hard to convert to balanced.

From an earlier post of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickies /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the one gripe I've found with the 27h is when I plug in my b&o h6 2nd gen and senn cx3.00's into the single ended jack (not something I really intend to do a lot of but had to give it a shot) I hear a transformer hum noise in the left channel, those phone's are 32ohm and 16ohm, I don't have any higher ohm headphones on hand to try, so I can't comment on if it still there at a higher ohm load, I also don't currently have any way of testing the front dual 3pin jack's
​the hum isn't audible when music is playing just when music isn't playing or if I listen to a track with some silence
I hear no hum with the 22ohm mrspeakers ether c from the 4pin jack though.
when plugging those phones into the ha-1 it's dead quiet.

Jun 8, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #53 of 63
After one month the 27H open up and have a lot more better sound quality ! It sound like hell ! with my HD800S and LCD 2F . BTW with a Full Balanced Dac Amp the Single ended connection is always the week point !

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #54 of 63
Im not sure how the ordering process goes in audio gd.
So do i just to the following steps?
1-email them telling them you want to buy a certain product and tell them where it will be shipped to.
2-wait for them to email you back with a link to their paypal for payment.
3-after payment is made, wait for item to ship.

Are those steps correct?

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #55 of 63
Im not sure how the ordering process goes in audio gd.
So do i just to the following steps?
1-email them telling them you want to buy a certain product and tell them where it will be shipped to.
2-wait for them to email you back with a link to their paypal for payment.
3-after payment is made, wait for item to ship.

Are those steps correct?

yep that basically the process I went through to buy.
I emailed stating the product I wanted, I told them which power rating version I needed (the 240v in my case) if you want a mod like hdmi to replace rj45 like I did, mention that too, I gave my country and post code (thats called a zip or area code for some) asked for a price including shipping.
they responded with a quote within about 24 hours (depending what timezone you're in response time may be faster or slower but it should less than 48 hours worst case)
they asked for my name, address & phone all the normal info you give when buying something overseas online.
they responded with the invoice and asked I confirm everything listed on it was correct, you also are sent a link to a photo of the different power chords to confirm the right termination for you country, they're numbered so you just say "i'll need the no.3" for instance.
Once thats all sorted they tell you how quickly they will be able to send the item out (in my case 3 days, it arrived at my door within 5 days of payment)
once everything is confirmed correct give them your paypal, they'll send an invoice to that, it's a proper invoice, you pay it.
they are very attentive and diligent in response
but if you're liaising with them in english as the website shows they're going to be using broken english, I didn't find it real problem, at no point did either one of us not understand or misconstrue the other in communication, but I did often say, 'I understand what you mean, but thats not really the word for it'

Jun 9, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #56 of 63
how does the  nfb-27h comapre to the master 11 and schiit mjolnir 2(with decent tubes) + gungnir MB.
i know i shouldn't compare tubes and ss but i still want to know. especially the difference in sound between 27h and master 11.

Jun 9, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #57 of 63
  how does the  nfb-27h comapre to the master 11 and schiit mjolnir 2(with decent tubes) + gungnir MB.
i know i shouldn't compare tubes and ss but i still want to know. especially the difference in sound between 27h and master 11.

I'd suggest reading back through this and the master 11 thread, I imagine in the master 11 thread people would've compared the 11 and the schiit gear given they share a dac chip, maybe even email Kingwa and ask him which might suit you

Jun 12, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #58 of 63
A common question people (like myself) ask about amps with multiple outputs is 'can I plug 2 or more headphones into this at once?'
when I got the 27h I wondered, but was too scared of blowing stuff up to try it!

by accident I have come to the find you can indeed plug into the 4pin and the single ended jack's powering 2 headphones at once with no problems, since discovering it's ok I've unplugged and replugged to test if the sound changes in any way powering 2 headphones vs 1
I can say hear no difference if power 1 or 2 set at once (take into account I'm not using really hard to drive headphones, between them they wouldn't need 2 watts)
I'm not sure and can't comment on if you can plug into the dual 3pin balanced and 4pin balanced jack's at once.

Jun 12, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #59 of 63
By the time that i had the NFB 29h (single ended) i can connect 2 headphones in the same time without any problem ! So i think that connecting a 3 pins XLR x 2 and a XLR 4 pins in the same time will cause no harm , in any way there are no rewards to do such things (NFB 27H)

Jun 12, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #60 of 63
  By the time that i had the NFB 29h (single ended) i can connect 2 headphones in the same time without any problem ! So i think that connecting a 3 pins XLR x 2 and a XLR 4 pins in the same time will cause no harm , in any way there are no rewards to do such things (NFB 27H)

I suppose the fact you can't hear a relay switching when you plug or unplug a headphone in is also a sign it's outputting to all at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back