New Audeze LCD3
Apr 8, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #5,056 of 11,521
Sure one person,  multiple persons get their LCD's back just a week or so ago and say they are fixed, but that still does not mean the QC issue is solved.  Safe to me would be to wait a month or so to see if this new batch has driver failures.  It has happened.  Someone in the forum recently got a new fixed LCD-3 only to have the driver fail and then when a replacement was sent that person felt that although his current LCD-3 sounded excellent it did vary in sonics from the so called fixed pair where the driver failed.  It was all posted right here in this thread.  The indication that there still might be variances in sound even among the newest batch would be of great concern to me if I were to lay down 2K.  Then again we still have to see if the drivers can stand the test of even a few months without failing.  So safe is not a word I would use. 

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #5,058 of 11,521
If a prospective customer is concerned and needs to ask, it would seem prudent to wait. Unless it's an immediate gratification thing - then by all means, go for it.

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #5,059 of 11,521

Quote:
I think that's a valid point, but unless I am completely wrong, this is the first driver failure reported in this thread? So to use your words. Sure one person
And again as far as it seems problem(s) are being solved. But I guess time will tell.

There have been several people with failed drivers from the initial batch. I know of two people (including me) who had a replacement driver fail. I have no doubts that Audeze will take care of their customers. They have been very responsive. It's matter of inconvenience, and having to pay for shipping them back for RMA if after the grace period.

Waiting is never a bad thing in life, whether it be buying a house, getting married, or buying LCD3s.

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #5,060 of 11,521

Quote:

There have been several people with failed drivers from the initial batch. I know of two people (including me) who had a replacement driver fail. I have no doubts that Audeze will take care of their customers. They have been very responsive. It's matter of inconvenience, and having to pay for shipping them back for RMA if after the grace period.

Waiting is never a bad thing in life, whether it be buying a house, getting married, or buying LCD3s.

I stand corrected, thanks.
I'm actually waiting on buying a pair of LCD-3s. And even though it seems as if Audeze is getting things done, I will wait a couple more months to make sure
there aren't any recurring failures. I know many of you have been around a long while, so were there many driver failures with the Hd800 or HE-6 or any of the other top headphones? Only asking to get a better sense of the current situation. I mean, stuff happens and while that doesn't serve as a good excuse for Audeze it gives me a good scale for these kinds of situations.

Apr 9, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #5,061 of 11,521

Quote:
Do the LCD-3s sound like they are 50% better Rev 2s? Or do they present a somewhat different sound? I read often that the LCD-3s are like an upgraded R.1 and I know those are quite different than the R.2s.

If I go from an R.2 to the 3 (with upgraded amp/DAC, or course), am I to expect what I already get but better in everyway? Or is there something I may not like about the upgraded Audeze sound, something that differs from the R.2s signature?

Was wondering about that. Thanks.

hmm... in my opinion,  if you are a music lover, LCD2r2 vs LCD3 isn't a huge different in comparison. Whatever details you can listen in LCD3, you are able to listen through LCD2r2.

If compare in term of analytical, for me LCD3 is huge different compare to LCD2r2... the different for me is about 60 to 70% better.

I tested them a week ago and i am still missing the performance of LCD3. Like others mentioned before, LCD3 has wider sound stage, more refined, more air, smoother, and cleaner and with better and good looking feature as zebra wood, softer earpads, better cable connection. Beside that, i feel the lamb skin in LCD3 is somewhere thicker than the LCD2r2... perhaps i was wrong. 
blink.gif

Apr 9, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #5,062 of 11,521
i see possible spark between MH and WA. maybe you guys should go through one of those internet services and totally hook up. i see potential BFF's!

Apr 9, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #5,064 of 11,521
Actually Locke and Demosthenes were different people, Peter and Valentine.

Apr 9, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #5,066 of 11,521
Let me add fuel to the fire and I'm sure this has been said before, if I'm buying a $2000+ (more in Australia...) pair of headphones, I expect nothing but utter most quality without any issues hindering its performance.

Apr 9, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #5,068 of 11,521
Yes, we know that, but two voices with one common goal, more Peter's goals.  Wasn't a great analogy but a quick response to lighten the mood.  
And I'm only half way thru so no spoilers :D

Read all of the Ender books. Past the first one it starts to get ... odd... but it's worth it in the end.

Apr 9, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #5,069 of 11,521

Quote:
Let me add fuel to the fire and I'm sure this has been said before, if I'm buying a $2000+ (more in Australia...) pair of headphones, I expect nothing but utter most quality without any issues hindering its performance.

That's because you are not buying 2000+ dollar headphones.

Apr 9, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #5,070 of 11,521
Yes, we know that, but two voices with one common goal, more Peter's goals.  Wasn't a great analogy but a quick response to lighten the mood.  
And I'm only half way thru so no spoilers :D

Read all of the Ender books. Past the first one it starts to get ... odd... but it's worth it in the end.

This. Oh yes this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back