New Audeze LCD3
Apr 7, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #5,026 of 11,521
It was his dad's watch. There was a little more too it than that though...It had to do with butts.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Waiting for someone to bring that one out. Classic film! Why was that watch so important again?
tongue.gif

Apr 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #5,027 of 11,521

Quote:
It was his dad's watch. There was a little more too it than that though...It had to do with butts.  

I remember very well. One of my top 10 films of all time. Christopher Walken's scene was classic.

Apr 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #5,028 of 11,521

Quote:
I couldn't find any further information or comparison regarding the quality of the DAC on the STX.  Will the DAC on my Asus STX sound card be sufficient for my setup (LCD3 and Lyr), or is it a must to get myself a dedicated DAC?  Is there a big jump in sound quality in DAC upgrade? Thanks in a advance for the help.

I'm not sure about the STX's DAC. But I used it's rival, the Creative Titanium HD (which is not too different in price) with the V200 and LCD-2. It wasn't bad, and the $1000 Rega only sounded like it was $500 better. The Rega I much prefer with it's better smoothness, soundstage, and detail.

Listen yourself and upgrade when you have the money. I highly doubt a tiny DAC like that would be great for an Audeze headphone, but maybe just good.

Apr 7, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #5,029 of 11,521

Quote:
I couldn't find any further information or comparison regarding the quality of the DAC on the STX.  Will the DAC on my Asus STX sound card be sufficient for my setup (LCD3 and Lyr), or is it a must to get myself a dedicated DAC?  Is there a big jump in sound quality in DAC upgrade? Thanks in a advance for the help.

Just get a Bifrost and be done with it, by all accounts it's a perfect match for the Lyr. And you can save $100 on it by feeding it 24/192 coax from your STX.

Quote:
I remember very well. One of my top 10 films of all time. Christopher Walken's scene was classic.

PF had a great soundtrack as well, like Reservoir Dogs before it and Jackie Brown after it.

Apr 8, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #5,030 of 11,521
Apr 8, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #5,031 of 11,521

Quote:
What do other countries use?  I use year-month-day personally so that it lines up in the right order on a computer. 

I always use that for dating discographies of the artists I listen to. But as an American. I will never get used to anything other than Month-Day-Year (April 8, 2012). Simple as cheese.

Apr 8, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #5,032 of 11,521
I think YYMMDD make sense, DDMMYY also make sense. And when I think of it, MMDDYY doesn't make sense and is not logical at all.

Just like when people count, 1, 2, 3. Or count down, 3, 2, 1. Well, no body will count like 2, 1, 3 or 2, 3, 1.

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #5,036 of 11,521

Quote:
I think most people count like that when they're drunk. 
popcorn.gif

I guess that explains what our founding fathers were doing in Philadelphia.

And our space program.

Apr 8, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #5,038 of 11,521
Ok I will bring it back on topic before it goes into "which side of the road is better to drive on" with a link to this interesting review which mentions Macedonian Hero.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back