New Audeze LCD3
Jan 17, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #3,181 of 11,521

Quote:
Have to shake your hand for we both ear909 user, and both have LCD2/3.

And we also both have DA11, a perfect setup for LCD-3 IMO!

The only problem with DA11 is that I can't live without the PIC control (set to -1).
So I will not be able to upgrade DAC without loosing the PIC crossfeed... OK head-fit VST plug-in is also nice (and free).
But DA11 doesn't need to be upgraded anyway.

To listen to LCD-3 or any other can without crossfeed is pure madness IMO... YMMV 

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #3,183 of 11,521

Quote:
And we also both have DA11, a perfect setup for LCD-3 IMO!

The only problem with DA11 is that I can't live without the PIC control (set to -1).
So I will not be able to upgrade DAC without loosing the PIC crossfeed... OK head-fit VST plug-in is also nice (and free).
But DA11 doesn't need to be upgraded anyway.

To listen to LCD-3 or any other can without crossfeed is pure madness IMO... YMMV 

beerchug.gif

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #3,184 of 11,521

Quote:
that the issue here. Audeze rarely makes any statement. Never do they do it on any forum even though they are now a sponsor. they dont publish much data and no one has ever seen their facility. Those graphs and inconsistency would not be acceptable to most manufacturers and at that price point scare the hell out of me. 2K with a short warranty and lots people sending these back but those graphs I seen showed a significant difference.  Everything Audeze does has seen like it always trial and error and products are never complete. I saw this with the LCD2 Rev1 I had and many here seeing this again. I for one  have passed  on these because of these issues and the rerun of the LCD2.

The company is virgin and small, the demand is huge. I'd find anyone interested in purchasing a bit nieve if they thought they were going to get the quality and repeatability of a giant like Sennheiser. From a business standpoint i think they'd rather get product into the hands of wanting customers while they're there instead of cutting production way back to test each unit and potentially losing sales due to exceedingly long wait times. If anyone is interested in purchasing and paranoid, as another poster said, just wait until they arent trying to shoot product out the door as fast as humanly possible.

Jan 18, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #3,185 of 11,521
It goes back to what being an early adopter is about with a boutique company/product like this. It's worked out better for some than for others, in other words you paya you money you taka you chances.

Jan 18, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #3,186 of 11,521
With mine, It seems it might be a problem with the connector, they worked for a solid 2 hours yesterday, Baraka on Bluray with the Smyth realizer and the LCD-3 was just insane but then sound started to cut off again and then right driver stopped working again, disapointing

Jan 18, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #3,187 of 11,521

Quote:
The company is virgin and small, the demand is huge. I'd find anyone interested in purchasing a bit nieve if they thought they were going to get the quality and repeatability of a giant like Sennheiser. From a business standpoint i think they'd rather get product into the hands of wanting customers while they're there instead of cutting production way back to test each unit and potentially losing sales due to exceedingly long wait times. If anyone is interested in purchasing and paranoid, as another poster said, just wait until they arent trying to shoot product out the door as fast as humanly possible.

Now who is being naive. They should actually be getting better quality than Sennheiser because they are smaller and do not sell large numbers.

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #3,188 of 11,521
Again, received my LCD-3 via courier from Woo Audio - and guess what?  dead right driver - not a squeak from the moment it came out of the box.

Doesn't anyone test these before they get sent out ? How do they include response curves for dead drivers ? At 2K quality control is ridiculous and expensive, particularly is you are having to pay duties and shipping costs to get them in and out of the country  - in my case the Channel Islands !  When I mentioned it to Jack Wu he said that this was one of a number of problems and he was going to wait until they get the next batch out ! They need a good kick up the proverbial if Audeze are going to retain any credibility.!!!

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #3,189 of 11,521

Quote:
I'm currently awaiting a replacement LCD3 to be shipped (one driver stopped) - here's what I was advised:
"Our new batch of LCD-3 headphones are being manufactured and tested with extreme caution. We will ship you new headphones as soon as we get them from quality control"
It's not clear whether the additional QA relates also to sonic variations reported by many here, or just physical production defects (such as driver audio cutting in and out)

If they are now manufacturing and testing with extreme caution does that mean that they they were previously manufactured and tested with extreme recklessness !!

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #3,190 of 11,521

Quote:
Now who is being naive. They should actually be getting better quality than Sennheiser because they are smaller and do not sell large numbers.

I suppose it is swings and roundabouts. The high-end Sennheisers have very well matched drivers, which probably requires adequate levels of staffing, investment in equipment and time, as well as soaking up on yield drop-outs. 

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #3,191 of 11,521

Quote:
I suppose it is swings and roundabouts. The high-end Sennheisers have very well matched drivers, which probably requires adequate levels of staffing, investment in equipment and time, as well as soaking up on yield drop-outs. 

The problem IMO is a product that was put on the market that was not ready as a finished product such as the first LCD2 rev1 when they kept making changes as new ones were being made. The LCD3 had falling drivers and people complaining that this product from headphone to headphone sound different and not slight differences from the graphs I have seen. it seems to me for this type of money spent and even on the LCD2 they should have less failure rate and be better matched drivers so it the same signature or maybe they like this trial and error way of sales but it makes little sense at this point to purchase these IMO with all these issues. It does seem to me at least from what I have been seeing this product was never a finished design or its just a common practice of Audeze to manufacture like this. Hopefully they get their act together.

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #3,192 of 11,521
I had the dead right driver too.
shipped it back last week.
thankfully, my 1st is still working perfectly, now with the CablePro Reverie

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #3,193 of 11,521

Quote:
particularly is you are having to pay duties and shipping costs to get them in and out of the country

Yeah that's what I'm worried about, because I paid 250$ of VAT + custom handling and administrative fees of ~100$ and I will obviously get the same on the new pair, I might get the VAT back even if I already know it will be a complete headache, but it basically means I need to front the 250$ for the VAT and 100$ will be out of my pocket for the admin fees, that's a bit harsh for a brand new pair of 2'000$ headphones, I asked them what they will be doing about it, waiting on their reply...

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #3,194 of 11,521

Quote:
Yeah that's what I'm worried about, because I paid 250$ of VAT + custom handling and administrative fees of ~100$ and I will obviously get the same on the new pair, I might get the VAT back even if I already know it will be a complete headache, but it basically means I need to front the 250$ for the VAT and 100$ will be out of my pocket for the admin fees, that's a bit harsh for a brand new pair of 2'000$ headphones, I asked them what they will be doing about it, waiting on their reply...

I previously had my headphones shipped back to Audeze for a replacement as well. I wouldn't worry about paying additional shipping and VAT on top of what you've already paid. Audeze will take care of you. They're good guys but obviously swarmed atm with these replacements.

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #3,195 of 11,521

Quote:
It goes back to what being an early adopter is about with a boutique company/product like this. It's worked out better for some than for others, in other words you paya you money you taka you chances.

So true. As disappointed as I am with Audeze's recent QC troubles, I've found your comment to apply to every manufacturer really. My new HE500 have a channel imbalance, my first HE6 had a defective earcup assembly, the first batch of HD800s had a mechanical click, some of the first T1s were seriously bass-deficient etc. etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back