New Audeze LCD3
Oct 28, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #10,846 of 11,521
Latest models..

So im struggling with the sense of willingnes to owe the best (LCD3) and optimal (value/for money) (LCD2)..

Thats why am still dont get any of them.  Im even cant to say obvious difference among LCD2 and LCD3

Oct 30, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #10,847 of 11,521
I suggest you look for a used pre-fazor LCD3, which some feel is the best Audeze (with deeper bass and less glare). I love mine (and I am not selling it). It may be a sleeper bargain in high end phones, the true optimal performance/price ratio, or value for your money as you put it. I speculate as time goes on, these may become a classic and appreciate since they are no longer available (but I believe they are serviceable by Audeze, so with this support you get the best of both worlds, unlike, say, an R10).

Oct 30, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #10,850 of 11,521
  I suggest you look for a used pre-fazor LCD3, which some feel is the best Audeze (with deeper bass and less glare). I love mine (and I am not selling it). It may be a sleeper bargain in high end phones, the true optimal performance/price ratio, or value for your money as you put it. I speculate as time goes on, these may become a classic and appreciate since they are no longer available (but I believe they are serviceable by Audeze, so with this support you get the best of both worlds, unlike, say, an R10).

I can confirm that the LCD3 pre fazor is probably the best. I tried it and it was better than my LCD2rev2 which is better than the LCD3 fazor (for my taste). So keep it preciously.

Nov 1, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #10,852 of 11,521
In my opinion, and that of Audeze, the difference between the classic and the faxor is minimal. I sent my classics in for conversion to faxor hoping for more transparency and extended highs, and had to call Audeze to confirm they had actually changed the drivers! I think folks on this forum are exaggerating the differences.

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #10,853 of 11,521
Personally I didn't say it was night and day but the difference is easily audible for me and my mates.
Non fazor has more low end and fazor is a bit more hyped in the treble.
I prefer the foundation of the non fazor.

Nov 1, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #10,854 of 11,521
Can't you just up the bass a bit on your eq, and enjoy the slightly greater transparency?

Nov 1, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #10,855 of 11,521
Personally I didn't say it was night and day but the difference is easily audible for me and my mates.
Non fazor has more low end and fazor is a bit more hyped in the treble.
I prefer the foundation of the non fazor.

And for me, I could not get enough extension on either version of the LCD3 with a variety of amplifiers, including the Master9 and the Mjolnir . I guess I am more an HD 800 with appropriate tube amplifier kind of guy, or even a stax guy if I had the $$.

Nov 1, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #10,856 of 11,521
Don't know, I just had the LCD-X in the House and it blew my 800's away in bass and musicality. A great complimentary HP.

Nov 1, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #10,858 of 11,521
You mean add quantisation noise, ripple, distortion and post/pre-ringing?
Never enjoy it. However it's what will do an eq.
And more treble doesn't mean more transparent in my book...

Oh, I wasn't speaking of treble, but for those complaining about bass extension of "fazored" LCD-3's. I just tested the X for a week, thanks Chuck!!! But want that little bit more resolution combined with a bit more "liquid" sq of the 3. Just wish I could afford a 4, it is the most beautiful headphone I have ever seen.

Nov 1, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #10,859 of 11,521
In my opinion, and that of Audeze, the difference between the classic and the faxor is minimal. I sent my classics in for conversion to faxor hoping for more transparency and extended highs, and had to call Audeze to confirm they had actually changed the drivers! I think folks on this forum are exaggerating the differences.

I did not exagerate when I said that there is a big difference between the two. The difference in clarity, imaging,transients is quite big.

Nov 2, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #10,860 of 11,521
Don't know, I just had the LCD-X in the House and it blew my 800's away in bass and musicality. A great complimentary HP.

A change of heart regarding the sound of Audeze? 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back