New Audeze LCD3
Nov 2, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #10,861 of 11,521
ciao guys
i was listening to my lcd3F as usual this evening and the left channel sounds first with intermittence, and now doesn t sound anymore
i tried toi plug the xlr cable to the other amp but no way the left was sounding
i tried to change the plug left to right and viceversa hoping was the cable, but always the left doesnt sounds
if i move the left pad i heard a noise like a scratching
sorry for my english and if i didn t use the correct term , i m from italy and pretty nervous
what do you guys think  is that?
still underwarranty but ship to Costa Mesa will be pretty expansive...s..h...i..t

Nov 2, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #10,863 of 11,521
  ciao guys
i was listening to my lcd3F as usual this evening and the left channel sounds first with intermittence, and now doesn t sound anymore
i tried toi plug the xlr cable to the other amp but no way the left was sounding
i tried to change the plug left to right and viceversa hoping was the cable, but always the left doesnt sounds
if i move the left pad i heard a noise like a scratching
sorry for my english and if i didn t use the correct term , i m from italy and pretty nervous
what do you guys think  is that?
still underwarranty but ship to Costa Mesa will be pretty expansive...s..h...i..t

Sorry to say this, but your LCD-3 needs to be sent in for repair.  My set happened similarly, flaky driver (left/right driver), then a few minutes later, no sound.  I've experienced this in like 7 times already, so I'm pretty sure it's driver failure.  

Two options: 1) talk to the dealer you bought it from (hopefully close enough to you) and ask them to work out the warranty service for you.  2) fill out an Audeze form, to get a RMA number and send it out. 

Good luck!

Nov 3, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #10,864 of 11,521

A change of heart regarding the sound of Audeze? :wink:

Yes, lesson learned, just listening at meets/shows doesn't cut it. So in other words, I was wrong, incorrect, and mistaken.

Nov 3, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #10,865 of 11,521
Yes, lesson learned, just listening at meets/shows doesn't cut it. So in other words, I was wrong, incorrect, and mistaken.

Yeah to put much significance to short time listening to gear in meets/shows and many times on setups that one is not very familiar with can be ….But don’t feel bad most of us have been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #10,866 of 11,521
OK, I am a bit of a late bloomer, now that all the cool kids are moving on to the LCD-4, I am finally joining the LCD-3 Club
biggrin.gif
! So gus, I have an Auralic Taurus Mk. 2, Monarchy M22B R2R DAC DAC, and eventually will add some Norne Cable. Any advice from experienced LCD-3'ers would be welcomed!

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #10,867 of 11,521
OK, hopefully this hasn't been answered ad nauseam, if so please indulge me. Looking at the three different sets of LCD-3 frequency charts on Innerfidelity has the two with SN#27+ showing a pretty step roll off from 30 Hz down, versus the SN#26+ staying almost flat. Can anybody explain this? What serial #'sc are shipping now?

Nov 3, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #10,868 of 11,521
OK, hopefully this hasn't been answered ad nauseam, if so please indulge me. Looking at the three different sets of LCD-3 frequency charts on Innerfidelity has the two with SN#27+ showing a pretty step roll off from 30 Hz down, versus the SN#26+ staying almost flat. Can anybody explain this? What serial #'sc are shipping now?

A question best asked of Audeze directly through an email or a support ticket.

Nov 4, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #10,869 of 11,521

I think that the rolled off in the sub is the fazor. Which is the one that Audeze is currently selling.

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #10,871 of 11,521
The measurements on Innerfidelity are three 3f's, one with a serial # starting at 26, two at 27. The two at 27 have the steeper roll off, the 26 is pretty flat.

I wonder if not stretching the diaphragm as tight is a way to reduce driver failures?

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #10,873 of 11,521
  I'd love to hear the 3c's to see how they compare.

Fly up to Calgary on the 15th to our Head-Fi meetup....I'll have my 3C's there and you can have a listen :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back