New Audeze LCD3
Nov 25, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #6,752 of 11,521
Nov 25, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #6,753 of 11,521
thinking about possibly picking up the LCD3.

will the ALO Audio Pan Am amp that I just bought be able to drive them easily?
i read that its a good match for the LCD2, but I'm more interested in the 3.

thanks.

Nov 25, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #6,754 of 11,521
Quote:
I would love to be able to compare the Mjolnir with the GS-X at the meet.  However, who knows when the GS-X will be ready.

i'll be bringing it to the meet.  it should be 1 step further...which is, i'll have the front panels, they'll just be raw aluminum.  the rest of the amp has been done.  i'll bring along the LCD-3, hifiman he-500 & he-6, and akg k1000, all with balanced 4-pin XLR cables.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Nov 26, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #6,755 of 11,521
Quote:
Also, don't assume that just because Craig is thinking of releasing a version with a different tube that it will happen.  Even amps that have made it to the prototyping stage have been scrapped, heck they've even gone "into production" but lacked enough interest for a run.  Even if all the stars align and it happens, it will be significantly more expensive with the differences being batted around.  At Craig's $1500 special, there is no dynamic tube amp that competes with it - something possibly happening in the future at greater expenditure (and worse footprint for things like desk use) would not make the current iteration a "bad buy" - especially considering how often Craig does non-first run specials (never.)  

If the rumored new EC 2A3 does come out, it won't be $1500 either. It won't be anytime soon. I know he's busy testing the Electra.

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #6,756 of 11,521
I'm thinking of buying the headphone but i'm wondering how well they would do for when traveling to work riding the bus, is there allot of sound leakage? would the person sitting next to me be able to hear what i'm listening to?

Am looking at pairing it with the ALO Rx MK3-B, and theCypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo -dB so my main concern is how well the headphones would do around other people.
Any help would be great

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #6,757 of 11,521
Quote:
I'm thinking of buying the headphone but i'm wondering how well they would do for when traveling to work riding the bus, is there allot of sound leakage? would the person sitting next to me be able to hear what i'm listening to?

Am looking at pairing it with the ALO Rx MK3-B, and theCypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo -dB so my main concern is how well the headphones would do around other people.
Any help would be great

Yes there is a LOT of leakage. They are completely open back design. So do consider your choice of music before inflicting it on your bus neighbour. To be perfectly honest, with headphones so large, I would feel uneasy and slightly embarrassed wearing them in public places...but that's just me.

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #6,758 of 11,521
Yeah i was kinda afraid that there would be a LOT of leakage, really do want a great pair of headphones but i really want detachable cables as i've had to much trouble with cables wearing out and it's hard to find a good closed pair with detachable cables so i thought of going with one of the best headphones.

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #6,760 of 11,521
AFAIK, Audez'e may be coming out with a pair of closed-back cans. May wanna check those out if they do come out. I think Jude did a pictures thread on them...

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #6,762 of 11,521
Yeah i saw the thread on the closed back one, they look perfect for my needs. Am glad to hear i'd only have to wait till march as i will grab a pair of these for sure.
Wasn't looking forward to paying $2000 and over for a pair of Fostex TH-900 when i can't even remove the cable or ear pads myself, so would of just added to the price to get all that custom.

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #6,764 of 11,521
Hopefully by March they'll have gotten it out of prototype. It did not even approach the LCD-3's performance. And for a closed can they have some stiff competition.

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #6,765 of 11,521
The TH900 is fantastic though. I was really surprised. Don't count it out just yet. 

Quote:
Yeah i saw the thread on the closed back one, they look perfect for my needs. Am glad to hear i'd only have to wait till march as i will grab a pair of these for sure.
Wasn't looking forward to paying $2000 and over for a pair of Fostex TH-900 when i can't even remove the cable or ear pads myself, so would of just added to the price to get all that custom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back