New Audeze LCD3
Jun 18, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #6,062 of 11,506

SHAHZADA123

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 9, 2010
Posts
874
Likes
24
Quote:
37 hours, 17 minutes, 42 seconds.  

beerchug.gif

 
Jun 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #6,063 of 11,506

fusionramjet

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Posts
229
Likes
24
funny, the dealer I bought mine from told me 40 hours. 
smile.gif

Mine sounded incredible right out of the box.  A good sign.  
I'm still using stock cable.  I do like how flexible and lightweight it is.
My next step is to get a balanced amp so I can try it out balanced.
 
 
 ​
 
Jun 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #6,064 of 11,506

Jamiee

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 10, 2012
Posts
454
Likes
173
I'm running Q cables on my Liquid Fire/LCD-3 combo (headphone + interconnect).
 
My SPL Phonitor/HD 800 combo is running all Stefan Audio Art "Endorphin" series cables (headphone, interconnect, power).
These are wickedly good cables but cost a ton!  (well worth the price tho).
 
I've been tempted to use the Endorphin cables on my LCD-3, but for now I think I'll wait a bit (save up a little) and enjoy the LCD-3 as they are.
 
Jun 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #6,066 of 11,506

MorbidToaster

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 23, 2010
Posts
13,282
Likes
298
Side bar. How do you like that Phonitor / HD800 combo? I'm seriously considering it for my production equipment (I'm rebuilding my production stuff).
 
Quote:
I'm running Q cables on my Liquid Fire/LCD-3 combo (headphone + interconnect).
 
My SPL Phonitor/HD 800 combo is running all Stefan Audio Art "Endorphin" series cables (headphone, interconnect, power).
These are wickedly good cables but cost a ton!  (well worth the price tho).
 
I've been tempted to use the Endorphin cables on my LCD-3, but for now I think I'll wait a bit (save up a little) and enjoy the LCD-3 as they are.

 
Jun 19, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #6,069 of 11,506

Jamiee

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 10, 2012
Posts
454
Likes
173
Quote:
Side bar. How do you like that Phonitor / HD800 combo? I'm seriously considering it for my production equipment (I'm rebuilding my production stuff).
 

They are a very nice match.  You'll love the Phonitor for the production side of things.
 
I have my Phonitor modded with Burson OpAmps (an easy swap-out to perform) and this has certainly improved its transparency.
Adding the Endorphin cables into the mix was the icing on the cake.
 
But yeah, for a studio/production environment I can't really imagine much of a better setup than an HD800 paired with the SPL Phonitor.
 
Jun 20, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #6,070 of 11,506

Hoax

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 25, 2012
Posts
134
Likes
10
Hmm on the last pages you guys been discussing cables and how they totally change the sound of the headphones.. I too heard all these rumours about how copper would be good to keep low end frequences and how silver boost high end frequences and they open up more soundstage .. however there's an entire thread going on here:
 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/608828/dilemma-should-i-not-believe-any-reviewers-who-talk-about-cables-or-just-ignore-that-section-of-their-review
 
Where people say its impossible and that it doesnt work like that and how the listener is fooled by a placebo effect of hearing improvements .. Dont get me wrong, I really want to believe that cables can totally change the sound of the headphone. Can anyone convince me? And not by telling me it just sounds better..
 
 
Jun 20, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #6,071 of 11,506

Icenine2

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 27, 2005
Posts
2,616
Likes
511
Location
Arlington Heights, IL
This is a discussion for another thread.  But since I'm typing..........I did buy Moon Audio Blue Dragon IC's for the LF.  They are the cheapo silver version of the line.  Everyone was telling me the silver was going to brighten everything but I really didn't and don't hear that.  My advice is trust your ears and go with that.  Fifteen years ago I was looking to buy a new big-rig and went to the local boutique stereo places in Chicago.  One sales guy had me listening to a primarily British system and was telling me "hear how much better this sounds than your old system..........."  I listened and listened and no I didn't hear any difference!  I ended up going with something from another place that I really could hear an enormous difference.  Trust your ears and yourself.
 
Jun 20, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #6,072 of 11,506

MorbidToaster

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 23, 2010
Posts
13,282
Likes
298
I bought my Q Cable to get something more light and long than my stock cable. I didn't have the idea of changing the sound in my mind at all, and I didn't hear a change. I don't really believe in cables, but I do like feeling like there isn't a 'weak link' in my system. For me they're more a piece of mind upgrade, but that's why I don't spend big bucks.
 
But I'll play a little devil's advocate here and say so what if it's a placebo? If you hear an improvement you hear an improvement. Bottom line. Placebos can still help people in the medical world too. Some things are all in your head.
 
EDIT: Just remember to only post your own impressions of what you're hearing. Try not to lead people on if you do hear a difference because they might not.
 
Quote:
Hmm on the last pages you guys been discussing cables and how they totally change the sound of the headphones.. I too heard all these rumours about how copper would be good to keep low end frequences and how silver boost high end frequences and they open up more soundstage .. however there's an entire thread going on here:
 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/608828/dilemma-should-i-not-believe-any-reviewers-who-talk-about-cables-or-just-ignore-that-section-of-their-review
 
Where people say its impossible and that it doesnt work like that and how the listener is fooled by a placebo effect of hearing improvements .. Dont get me wrong, I really want to believe that cables can totally change the sound of the headphone. Can anyone convince me? And not by telling me it just sounds better..
 

 
Jun 20, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #6,073 of 11,506

paradoxper

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 10, 2012
Posts
9,823
Likes
5,441
Quote:
Hmm on the last pages you guys been discussing cables and how they totally change the sound of the headphones.. I too heard all these rumours about how copper would be good to keep low end frequences and how silver boost high end frequences and they open up more soundstage .. however there's an entire thread going on here:
 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/608828/dilemma-should-i-not-believe-any-reviewers-who-talk-about-cables-or-just-ignore-that-section-of-their-review
 
Where people say its impossible and that it doesnt work like that and how the listener is fooled by a placebo effect of hearing improvements .. Dont get me wrong, I really want to believe that cables can totally change the sound of the headphone. Can anyone convince me? And not by telling me it just sounds better..
 

Also use a Q cable for its ergonomics. If placebo is at work so be it. There have been many measurements taken with aftermarket cables that can't or have never
been seen, but can or have been heard. It's just too subjective for a definitive answer. And most always ends in argumentative banter.
 
Jun 20, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #6,074 of 11,506

Skylab

Reviewerus Prolificus
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Posts
21,807
Likes
1,022
Location
The Court of the Crimson King
Same here - I like the Q cables for the Audeze, but my primary reason for preferring them is ergonomic. I find sonic differences between cables to be very subtle.
 
Jun 20, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #6,075 of 11,506

Hoax

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 25, 2012
Posts
134
Likes
10
Yeah but my point is.. If its just a placebo .. why not just buy cables for a 25 bucks .. I saw cables going for 750/1500 usd or maybe even more .. I guess the more expensive the cable the better the placebo effect .. And if nothing really changes .. Why not just to just be happy with what you got?
 
EDIT -
 
I do understand some cables are just built better, and for that purpose worth switching for .. but thinking it changes the sound very notiecable is a bit naieve
 
In the thread I mentioned there's alot of technical stuff posted with diagrams and everything that simply shows the cables contribute very little (if anything at all) to the sound
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top