New at Drop: Sennheiser HD 8XX
Feb 18, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #17 of 248
Interesting indeed. So Sennheiser needs input from Drop to update the sound signature of their flagship headphones now? Not that I am not a fan of Senn and Drop.

Who said Senn needed input from them? They specifically said it was a collab with Drop, a product specifically for suiting Drop and their audience. It's not them asking Drop for tuning advice and then releasing it as their product. A bit harsh.

Other companies do collab's, like Focal with Bentley and Beyer with A&K.

Feb 18, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #20 of 248
You have to order with no reviews and once the order is placed you can’t cancel..wow that’s a risk
I preordered then quickly changed my mind. There is a cancellation button so I was able to cancel my order

Feb 18, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #21 of 248
Who said Senn needed input from them? They specifically said it was a collab with Drop, a product specifically for suiting Drop and their audience. It's not them asking Drop for tuning advice and then releasing it as their product. A bit harsh.

Other companies do collab's, like Focal with Bentley and Beyer with A&K.
Yes it is a bit harsh but what we need from Senn is a true successor to the HD800s and not another variations or side step. I am Sennheiser biggest fan and already own 800, 800S, and 820.

Feb 18, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #23 of 248
Considering the competition out these days, I think this would be a hard sell at that price.

Feb 18, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #26 of 248
Anyone going to buy?
I placed a pre-order. The cancellation policy, plus refund after using headphones for first 30 days makes it an easy call for me.

I currently have and love the 800S. So I would end up selling the 800S if I prefer the 8xx, or I would return the 8xx if I prefer the 800S.

win win

Feb 18, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #30 of 248
Yes it is a bit harsh but what we need from Senn is a true successor to the HD800s and not another variations or side step. I am Sennheiser biggest fan and already own 800, 800S, and 820.

I get it. I have the 820 and IE 800 S, and am a big Senn fan as well. Just best to ignore this announcement, it's just businesses being businesses (Drop and Senn).

I was hopeful they had a successor in the works, but with the exit of Axel Grell and recent announcement that their consumer headphone branch is up in the air, I'm fearing this might be it :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back