new asgard 2 last night inpression
Aug 13, 2014 at 11:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Ekul61

500+ Head-Fier
Initial impression... used with the fiio x5 and he400
The first thought is that my fiio e12 is damn good. So far the asgard 2 has not shown to be far superior to the e12.... I will spend more time with the a2 tonight..

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #5 of 13
Im thinking I need more time with the asgard to appreciate it

Just a guess, between a battery-powered amp like that (and is known to be neutral enough) and a Class A amp like the Asgard the main difference might be in...well, I can't say or I might load you with bias when you listen. The best track for testing this is Feist's "One Evening," followed by the Norah Jones tracks on The Peter Malick Group's Chance and Circumstance. Listen carefully to the beat notes and see if you can tell the difference.

Oh and try to get the actual track in 320kbps VBR or lossless; YouTube compresses the audio enough that there's not enough of the low bass extension where I can hear some amps (especially some speaker amps before) not being as good as my NAD 304. I won't say any details so as to not prime your mind with some kind of bias, just listen well and check back in here if you detect any difference.

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #7 of 13
I have Feist..... im a newbie to hd music... how do I get better than flac quality.

16bit/44.1khz FLAC or WAV are good enough. I had only the Focal test CDs (the actual discs, as I'm into car audio too) when I noticed how different that was on some amps or preamps that I had or tried along the way. If you really want to try high resolution though, you can search for albums on www.hdtracks.com - they have FLAC and AIFF at 24bit/96khz or 192khz, maybe even 88khz depending on the album.

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #9 of 13
Thx I will stick with cd flac... as the others seem to much likework to get lol

Not work, since they'll come with tags already; more like $$$$$ especially if you have to buy the same music all over again. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back