New Apple In Ear Headphones
Apr 2, 2004 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

newguy

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if anyone has tried the new Apple In Ear Headphones that Apple is selling for $39. The ear buds that come with the iPod won't stay in my ear. I now use the PX 100s and like them but it would be nice to have something small like the new earbuds to use when I want to travel really light. I should add that I don't like the idea of putting something in my ear canal.

Apr 3, 2004 at 12:03 PM Post #4 of 6
Yeah, the new apple in-ear buds are awful!

It depends on what you're looking for? Isolation? Price range? The next step up from the ex-71 and not much more money would maybe be the Shure E2. I've not ever listened to them though.

If you want earbuds, the Sennheiser mx500 is rarely a bad choice.

But in order to help, we need more info. Are these for portable use? With or without amp? Budget? Open or closed? Help us help you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 1:17 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by plainsong
Yeah, the new apple in-ear buds are awful!

It depends on what you're looking for? Isolation? Price range? The next step up from the ex-71 and not much more money would maybe be the Shure E2. I've not ever listened to them though.

If you want earbuds, the Sennheiser mx500 is rarely a bad choice.

But in order to help, we need more info. Are these for portable use? With or without amp? Budget? Open or closed? Help us help you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you Plainsong: I want something small that will fit in my iPod case (earbuds). I plan to use them when I am traveling light (no amp) and don't like the idea of putting something in my ear canal. I of course have the earbuds that came with the iPod. I can't keep them in my ears. They keep falling out. What attracted me to the new Apple earbuds is that they come with three different sized parts to attach to make it more likely that they will fit the user's ear. I am not looking for isolation. I am looking for something that will stay in my ear and sound at least almost as good as my PX 100s which I think sounds great. It would be nice to go to the gym with just my iPod and some earbuds tucked into the flap under the cover of my iPod case.

Thanks for your help.

Apr 3, 2004 at 9:57 PM Post #6 of 6
I'd try and see how the Sennheiser mx500 fit you. They're not expensive, and you should stand up to the wear and tear of working out. Otherwise, there's the various Audio Technica earbuds that others here will know more about than I do. Hope that helps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Or, there's always the Koss ksc-35, available only from Kosses website. The sound is great, and you really shouldn't have a problem with them falling off. But they're bigger than earbuds, being clip-ons. .. but smaller than the px100 in your gym bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back