New and Philips SHP 2700
Oct 2, 2010 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

audiopupae

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Today my Philips SHP 2700 arrived.

I can say that I'm emotionaly compromised with it.

Nice! Great sound, confortable and cheap.

I can just wonder what a high end could reproduce.

But it is a second step, if anyone could send suggestions, I' d glad to hear.

And sorry for my english, I'm improving it.

Thanks in advance!

Cedric (audiopupae)

www.olhares.com/cwpaiva

Oct 4, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #3 of 8
Hi desktophifi, thanks for the reply.

That is exactly what I'm doing. And I'm amazed with the quality of the sound.

I'm planning my next step in this world.

Well, my sources are not the best. I live in Brazil, South America and the of the options for a good equipment are not the best.

But I'll import one when I have a good indication.

Can you suggest one?

Thanks again!!

audiopupae

Oct 5, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 8
The SHP-2700 are really great budget headphones IMO.  Higher end headphones will give you more transparency and goodness all-around, but the SHP-2700 are entirely adequate to really enjoy the music.  Just enjoy the music and don't worry about upgrading, and good luck with that.
smile_phones.gif

Apr 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #5 of 8
Philips shp2700 are GREAT Headphones man! :) These are High end headphones by philips (Best philips headphone:philips Fidelio L1) 
beyersmile.png
 With powerful Audio output by the 40mm Speaker drivers and good bass response(Open acoustic system), they are awesome headphones! Sturdier than Sony and Sennheiser headphones at this price range! Mid-range clarity accompanied with rich bass makes them perfect for all genres of music, from soft music to METAL! \m/ (really good for movies and TV viewing too)! Also Philips has kept the speakers at an angle similar to the angle at which the ear drums of a human being are tilted, thus resulting in better sound quality and detail! 
atsmile.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #6 of 8
Sorry for the bump. I have owned the SHP-2700, and I must agree that they are too good for the price. They have very good sound quality and bass, and the build quality is awesome too. Plus they are comfortable.

Feb 19, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #8 of 8
  The SHP-2700 are really great budget headphones IMO.  Higher end headphones will give you more transparency and goodness all-around, but the SHP-2700 are entirely adequate to really enjoy the music.  Just enjoy the music and don't worry about upgrading, and good luck with that.
smile_phones.gif

I agree, although I found that they lacked detail in placing subtle reverbs and echos in the sound field, compared to my Sennheiser HD598.  They remind me of Grado SR60's, quite a bright, aggressive sound signature and I guess that they are equal or better in terms of sound quality and soundstage.  Again, another underrated bargain headphone from Philips!  The upper mids were very pleasing although the soundstage was not that spectacular, but they would definitely be a cheap alternative to the Grado SR60/80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back