New and looking for headphones.
Mar 3, 2011 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Blacklisted

New Head-Fier
Hey Head-Fi community, new guy here looking for some advice on what to get for my iTouch, preferably in-ear monitors. I am out a lot, I run every day, do work around the neighborhood and would like a pair that can keep out noise that isn't my music. Would prefer in-ears but if they aren't the best for keeping out noise then I'm open for any and all suggestions. I'm new to the whole higher quality music and better sounding headphones and haven't read up on many terms to be honest but I'm going to, which is why I'm here, lol. I'm not sure if this is a possible but it would be a big plus if they could plug into my computer too.

My budget is anything below $170, I can stretch it to $200 at the most. I've had two people recommend me the Ultimate Ears 700 and the Sony MDR-V6

I listen to a lot of music all in all but mainly punk, hardcore, trance, house, classical, some metal, older rock, and psychedelic/ambient music. I can name some bands if you guys want me to get more specific.

Sorry for being another new guy making a suggestion thread his first post, lol.

Mar 3, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #2 of 4
If you want bass-heavy IEMs, I can recommend: Panasonic HJE900, Hippo VB, Monster Turbines (sale/refurbished; Pro Gold if you can get it inexpensive from a reputable dealer), and Brainwavez M2. If you want more of a balanced/analytical IEM: Q-jays (they are 102 on eBay right now; they are guaranteed real, I bought a pair), Triple Fi. 10's, Phonak PFE, Westone UM1, or RE0/RE-ZERO. This is all based on my listening experiences, but you can read reviews of all of these on this site to help with your decision. Best of luck
wink_face.gif

Mar 3, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #3 of 4
Hey, thanks for the reply. :) Since I saw the q-JAYS thread and might be getting them, it's a plus since their more balanced... I've been reading on and off all day, should make up my mind on the jays soon if they are that low... again, thanks. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back