New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini
Mar 4, 2021 at 2:07 AM Post #1,891 of 2,814
No refund? , how come?
Don't know. My emails get ignored apparently. Waiting until tomorrow before filling in that visa form crap ..

Mar 4, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #1,894 of 2,814
A week or two ago I sent an email with a question about which volume control I would order, considering I will use it as a preamp as well. I also never heard anything. I'll be watching how they treat you before placing my order
can't find this email -- please post your question here. We just got done shipping a large batch of GS-X mini orders and are now working to finish the orders that came in during that time, by the end of this week

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Mar 4, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #1,895 of 2,814
can't find this email -- please post your question here. We just got done shipping a large batch of GS-X mini orders and are now working to finish the orders that came in during that time, by the end of this week
No problem all is good. Just wanted to know if I am using it equally for preamp and head amp which volume control would you recommend. Since I posted I think someone said only buy the stepped attenuator if primarily using extremely sensitive IEM's which wouldn't be the case for me. Thanks

Mar 6, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #1,896 of 2,814
A quick question here, can I use both RCA and XLR output on GS-X mini in preamp mode to two different amp simultaneously?
Will this damage the gs-x mini or the amp?

Mar 8, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #1,897 of 2,814
Has anyone here tried thicker power cables (14awg or lower) on their Mini and noticed any improvement?

Mar 8, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #1,899 of 2,814
Has anyone here tried thicker power cables (14awg or lower) on their Mini and noticed any improvement?
I went from stock cable to pangea 14awg cable and to my knowledge, it does sound a little more clearer but it can also be placebo

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #1,900 of 2,814
The GS-X mini sound quality is sensitive to power cables. I have not tried “thick” power cables and my favourite is the Morrow Audio MAP-4: very clear and dimensional sound. Note: the MAP-4 is plugged into a Furman Elite-15i power conditioner.

Mar 10, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #1,901 of 2,814
A week or two ago I sent an email with a question about which volume control I would order, considering I will use it as a preamp as well. I also never heard anything. I'll be watching how they treat you before placing my order

FYI, everything worked out.

Mar 10, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #1,903 of 2,814
I use audioart's eCryo cables on all my gear and I did notice a blacker background, unfortunately. I would certainly make that the last thing to upgrade.

I went from stock cable to pangea 14awg cable and to my knowledge, it does sound a little more clearer but it can also be placebo

The GS-X mini sound quality is sensitive to power cables. I have not tried “thick” power cables and my favourite is the Morrow Audio MAP-4: very clear and dimensional sound. Note: the MAP-4 is plugged into a Furman Elite-15i power conditioner.

I recently bought a 14awg Pangea and also a 10awg WAudio cable. I did notice sound improvement (both sound the same) but I'm in a bit of disbelief that a power cable would make a difference.

Mar 10, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #1,904 of 2,814
@Noobzilla

You can also try to add a Furman Power Conditioner and hook all your audio equipment to that. For me, that gave me the biggest clarity in the sound.

Mar 10, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #1,905 of 2,814
@Noobzilla

You can also try to add a Furman Power Conditioner and hook all your audio equipment to that. For me, that gave me the biggest clarity in the sound.

Do you mean using the Furman Power Conditioner instead of the pangea cable? Or having both in the system? Very interested in squeezing more performance out of the mini, as well as my other equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back