New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini
Jul 9, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #1,413 of 2,814
Hi all,

I currently use the Grado GH2 and probably I will buy the ZMF Aeolus. How does the GS-X Mini drive these headphones? Any feedback?

Many thanks

I love this amp with my PS2000e, so it should sing with your GH2!

Jul 9, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #1,414 of 2,814
Mightve been posted here already but I came across this post when I was deciding between the two different volume knobs

HeadAmp GS-1 stepped attenuator vs “standard” Alps Blue Velvet volume control (pot)

Still waiting for my mini to arrive. Decided to get the Alps. I did agonize over Alps vs. DACT. This video helped (). No idea who this guy is, but he did I good job of explaining the difference, and ultimately I decided it would bother me more to no have the fine volume control than I might benefit from the small sonic benefit.

Jul 9, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #1,415 of 2,814
Still waiting for my mini to arrive. Decided to get the Alps. I did agonize over Alps vs. DACT. This video helped (). No idea who this guy is, but he did I good job of explaining the difference, and ultimately I decided it would bother me more to no have the fine volume control than I might benefit from the small sonic benefit.

I had asked Justin awhile back, and he said he preferred the alps himself.

Jul 10, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #1,416 of 2,814
ultimately I decided it would bother me more to no have the fine volume control than I might benefit from the small sonic benefit.
If my DAC doesnt already have a volume knob I wouldve went with the fine volume. Also still waiting for mine. Might get here late next week hopefully.

Jul 10, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #1,417 of 2,814
If my DAC doesnt already have a volume knob I wouldve went with the fine volume. Also still waiting for mine. Might get here late next week hopefully.
I went with alps because this is already a budget stretch.
I called Monday and Jason said they’re getting parts and could ship by the end of the week. Fingers crossed that happens

Jul 10, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #1,422 of 2,814
For me it was about a month before I got mine. Totally worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back