New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini
Jun 7, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #335 of 2,799
Detail person here, so call you out on images of the two boxes. Been fairer comparison to show black box as new looking (not one with creased lid vs brand-new looking logo covered box. Also photos of two boxes - the logo printed box is mostly non-reflective cardboard, whereas black cardboard boxes often are reflection magnet showing every imperfection of box (especially one with creases). Bet you are much more detailed oriented on building what goes inside!

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #342 of 2,799
I know I've asked this before. How would the GSX mini w/Chord Qutest vs. Chord Hugo 2 TT end up? I know there's a lot of TT reviews (Computer Audiophile) claiming its the deal. Somehow I'd believe the GSX would at least match its performance w/the Qutest. No clue.

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #343 of 2,799
I know I've asked this before. How would the GSX mini w/Chord Qutest vs. Chord Hugo 2 TT end up? I know there's a lot of TT reviews (Computer Audiophile) claiming its the deal. Somehow I'd believe the GSX would at least match its performance w/the Qutest. No clue.
I would take Better amp over better dac anyday of the week.
Dont ask Chord fanboys they are super biased.
Average dac with great amp will sound full, dynamic and exciting.
Great dac with poor amp will sound sterile, lifeless, boring.
There is reason why amp is mentioned first when choosing demanding speakers, headphones.

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #344 of 2,799
I would choose better dac over better amp. Don't matter how good the amp is, if feeding it crap then that is what the amp is going to pass on. Since the dac is upstream of the amp, should be common sense that the dac is of utmost importance.

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #345 of 2,799
I would take Better amp over better dac anyday of the week.
Dont ask Chord fanboys they are super biased.
Average dac with great amp will sound full, dynamic and exciting.
Great dac with poor amp will sound sterile, lifeless, boring.
There is reason why amp is mentioned first when choosing demanding speakers, headphones.
Chord does have a good amount of fanboys for sure. I've been lazy but am going to get a loner to check one out. I have the Wyred 4 Sound DAC2v2 SE and the Chord guys say a Qutest will blow it away. No clue but I'll try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back