New Amp Choice - Help Needed !!!
Apr 7, 2004 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DEMIW

100+ Head-Fier
I currently use a TAH (old model) matched with a Sony d-25 / D-555 CDP´s and ETys 4s and Senn Px 100.

I am considering upgrading because I have purchased a DENON DCP 150: I am considering the following alternatives:

1. New TAH;
2. Meier´s PortaCorda;
3. LaRocco Pocket Reference (Maxed);

My ultimate goal is sound quality not portability.

Could you give me some advice ?

Apr 7, 2004 at 8:52 PM Post #2 of 7
One idea would be to read this thread
wink.gif

Apr 7, 2004 at 11:28 PM Post #3 of 7
For around that same price range, you can get a gilmore lite.

The etys sound excellent with a gilmore.

wink.gif

Apr 9, 2004 at 3:53 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Dan the audioman
For around that same price range, you can get a gilmore lite.

The etys sound excellent with a gilmore.

wink.gif

Dan,

Thank you for the tip, unfortunatelly the Gilmore lite doesn´t operate on bateries.... otherwise it would be great !

Apr 9, 2004 at 4:21 PM Post #5 of 7
the reason why i bought a PR is because people say it's good
biggrin.gif

it is an excellant sized amp, it takes batteries and a/c... plus it is spiff, what more can you ask more?

also there is a bass boost, when you feel like being a power ranger, you can press it and POWER UP!

(sorry too much soda)

Apr 9, 2004 at 6:08 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by chiefroastbeef
the reason why i bought a PR is because people say it's good
biggrin.gif

it is an excellant sized amp, it takes batteries and a/c... plus it is spiff, what more can you ask more?

also there is a bass boost, when you feel like being a power ranger, you can press it and POWER UP!

(sorry too much soda)

i think the PR will be a great choice...but, there are concerns about its synergy with the er4s...the xp7 gets great reviews around here. battery-powered, too, although not the most portable.

Apr 9, 2004 at 7:09 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by DEMIW
Dan,

Thank you for the tip, unfortunatelly the Gilmore lite doesn´t operate on bateries.... otherwise it would be great !

This is true. Yet, you can always make yourself a separate battery pack.

Its not a difficult project at all. Im making one for my ihp-120. Yet, if you feel you can't do it, I'm sure there are plent of people on the DIY forum who will do it for you.

If this doesnt seem like it will work for you, then Im sure the PR will do wonders as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back