New Amp Choice - Help Needed !!!
post-757971
Thread Starter
Post #1 of 7

DEMIW

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 25, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
1
Joined
Oct 25, 2003
Posts
141
Likes
1
I currently use a TAH (old model) matched with a Sony d-25 / D-555 CDP´s and ETys 4s and Senn Px 100.

I am considering upgrading because I have purchased a DENON DCP 150: I am considering the following alternatives:

1. New TAH;
2. Meier´s PortaCorda;
3. LaRocco Pocket Reference (Maxed);

My ultimate goal is sound quality not portability.

Could you give me some advice ?
 
     Share This Post       
post-758049
Post #2 of 7

ipodstudio

Banned: - aka full monty - aka didikossa - aka R1D1 - aka migraineboy - aka setharmstrong - aka threavester - aka Sarah.B - aka javier - aka DoomV1 - aka JIAA
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
13
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Posts
2,457
Likes
13
     Share This Post       
post-758269
Post #3 of 7

Dan the audioman

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,248
Reaction score
13
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Posts
1,248
Likes
13
For around that same price range, you can get a gilmore lite.

The etys sound excellent with a gilmore.

 
     Share This Post       
post-760390
Post #4 of 7

DEMIW

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 25, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
1
Joined
Oct 25, 2003
Posts
141
Likes
1
Quote:

Originally posted by Dan the audioman
For around that same price range, you can get a gilmore lite.

The etys sound excellent with a gilmore.



Dan,

Thank you for the tip, unfortunatelly the Gilmore lite doesn´t operate on bateries.... otherwise it would be great !
 
     Share This Post       
post-760414
Post #5 of 7

chiefroastbeef

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
11
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Posts
1,272
Likes
11
the reason why i bought a PR is because people say it's good


it is an excellant sized amp, it takes batteries and a/c... plus it is spiff, what more can you ask more?

also there is a bass boost, when you feel like being a power ranger, you can press it and POWER UP!




(sorry too much soda)
 
     Share This Post       
post-760514
Post #6 of 7

kugino

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 15, 2003
Messages
5,742
Reaction score
91
Joined
Nov 15, 2003
Posts
5,742
Likes
91
Quote:

Originally posted by chiefroastbeef
the reason why i bought a PR is because people say it's good


it is an excellant sized amp, it takes batteries and a/c... plus it is spiff, what more can you ask more?

also there is a bass boost, when you feel like being a power ranger, you can press it and POWER UP!




(sorry too much soda)


i think the PR will be a great choice...but, there are concerns about its synergy with the er4s...the xp7 gets great reviews around here. battery-powered, too, although not the most portable.
 
     Share This Post       
post-760591
Post #7 of 7

Dan the audioman

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,248
Reaction score
13
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Posts
1,248
Likes
13
Quote:

Originally posted by DEMIW
Dan,

Thank you for the tip, unfortunatelly the Gilmore lite doesn´t operate on bateries.... otherwise it would be great !


This is true. Yet, you can always make yourself a separate battery pack.

Its not a difficult project at all. Im making one for my ihp-120. Yet, if you feel you can't do it, I'm sure there are plent of people on the DIY forum who will do it for you.

If this doesnt seem like it will work for you, then Im sure the PR will do wonders as well.
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top