New ALO Rx - IEM only - Portable Amplifier Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 13, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #16 of 145
I have used the Rx for about a month now, and it's a large upgrade from the Fiio X5's internal amp. Adding the Rx to the X5 improved detail, clarity, and spaciousness noticeably, and it removed all noise/hissing.

No issues so far. Gain was too high but the X5's equalizer fixed the problem.

Jul 13, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #17 of 145
I have used the Rx for about a month now, and it's a large upgrade from the Fiio X5's internal amp. Adding the Rx to the X5 improved detail, clarity, and spaciousness noticeably, and it removed all noise/hissing.

Glad you're liking it AsianInvasion. I vote that all pics of the Rx need to be with the unit on. I'd love to see that warm glow on a black unit. :)

Jul 14, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #18 of 145

+1.  I don't listen to the X5 without the RX strapped to its back.  The ALO is quite a few steps above the HO of the 1st generation X5.
I remember how the 5 rendered my 160GB IPod redundant, but the RX is perminantly stacked.  The fit is great, too.

Jul 14, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #19 of 145
Ugh, I'm going to have to get the X5ii. The RX really makes the X5ii sing! Also, whoever says the X5ii and X3ii are similar don't have the same ears as me. Night and day. Also ran my Herus+ with the RX last night and was in heaven with some Cannonball Adderley :)

Jul 19, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #20 of 145
Has anyone ever found the end of the battery life on the Rx?

I've never run out of juice as I charge it when the X5ii needs charging so I'd say it lasts at least 10-11 hours.

Jul 20, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #21 of 145
Has anyone ever found the end of the battery life on the Rx?

I've never run out of juice as I charge it when the X5ii needs charging so I'd say it lasts at least 10-11 hours.

Still running on my 1st charge.  Without the DAC of the UHA-6, I suspect one could get maybe twice the length of the X5.  But, don't really know.

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #22 of 145
hello guys, firstly, please forgive my poor English as it is not my native language.

I have ordered the ALO new RX headphone amp for my Fiio X5ii after reading this article, and i am using a Aurisonic ASG 2.5 brushed Nickel.
Originally the Fiio X5ii works very well with the ASG 2.5, but now with the ALO new RX, i found that the sounds is much more solid, very clear, the density is so full.

But one thing not satisfied is it seems not powerful enough, i have tried to change the connect cable to a pure silver one which sounds can help a bit but still not powerful enough.

I wonder is it my IEM is a bit hard to power up as it is 41ohms? or the line out of Fiio X5 is a bit weak?

Thanks for all of you and have a nice day with music.

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #23 of 145
  hello guys, firstly, please forgive my poor English as it is not my native language.

I have ordered the ALO new RX headphone amp for my Fiio X5ii after reading this article, and i am using a Aurisonic ASG 2.5 brushed Nickel.
Originally the Fiio X5ii works very well with the ASG 2.5, but now with the ALO new RX, i found that the sounds is much more solid, very clear, the density is so full.

But one thing not satisfied is it seems not powerful enough, i have tried to change the connect cable to a pure silver one which sounds can help a bit but still not powerful enough.

I wonder is it my IEM is a bit hard to power up as it is 41ohms? or the line out of Fiio X5 is a bit weak?

Thanks for all of you and have a nice day with music.

Congrats on joining and welcome!

In regards to the Rx, are you talking about the sound of the Rx through the Aurisonics or are you concerned about the volume that the amp takes the IEM's up to? If it's a question of volume, Ken at ALO can tweak the Rx to help drive to a louder volume. 

Also if you really like the sound of the Rx, I recommend you also eventually take a listen to the CDM, as it takes the goodness of the Rx and takes it to another level. 

Cheers 

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #24 of 145
really appreciate for your advice!

Yes, you are right, i mean the volume is not loud enough, (I tried to use some professional words to describe the sound quality in my previous post.....haha).

So you are saying Mr.Ken from ALO can improve the volume to be louder? how can I contact him? though the website?

And really thanks for your recommendation of the ALO CDM, i have tried it already in the shop, it really sounds great to me but i am sorry to say that it is a bit expensive to me and the size is huge.

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #25 of 145
  really appreciate for your advice!

Yes, you are right, i mean the volume is not loud enough, (I tried to use some professional words to describe the sound quality in my previous post.....haha).

So you are saying Mr.Ken from ALO can improve the volume to be louder? how can I contact him? though the website?

And really thanks for your recommendation of the ALO CDM, i have tried it already in the shop, it really sounds great to me but i am sorry to say that it is a bit expensive to me and the size is huge.

No worries, I am barely an English speaker after having grown up in the US, so anyone who can speak a second language is great in my book!

Regarding the Rx and the volume, yes, Ken at ALO (he owns the company) should be able to adjust the gain to best match your headphones. My K10's come in just under the volume maximum for the Rx, but just under. If I needed an extra 15-20% I'd top out. 

Ken's a great guy, and his email is on the ALO website. 

Cheers

Sep 12, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #28 of 145
Soulbird, from where were you able to get a silver bridging cable?

ALO's SXC series are silver plated copper. Cheers

Sep 13, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #30 of 145
Thank you 58.
Such a nice amp.  Too bad the thread's so unposted.

I agree, more people really should try this little amp.

You have a Hugo right? Currawong mentioned the ALO Rx was comparable to the Hugo with IEMs. What's your thoughts between the Rx and the Hugo (specifically with the Angie)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back