New 24/192 dac from china-nice!
Apr 5, 2006 at 10:24 AM Post #1,037 of 1,341
lol, there sure is some energy in the postings here, although I doubt it s a marketing coup
biggrin.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 10:55 AM Post #1,039 of 1,341
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
don't mean any rudeness in this , really .. but I want to ask
do some of you get paid to post on this thread ?

Yep. I just bought a new car with my share. Amazing how much profit you can make out of an 80$ DAC, isn't it? Especially considering that maybe a couple of dozen have been sold to headfiers around the world. The Zhaolu is magic.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 11:41 AM Post #1,040 of 1,341
I am looking for a digital interface with coax digital output coupling with my laptop (through USB or PCMIA). I currently am using a M-audio Transit. I have heard a lot about the limitation on optical. Any suggestion? Thanks!

Apr 5, 2006 at 1:13 PM Post #1,042 of 1,341
Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfy
Yep. I just bought a new car with my share. Amazing how much profit you can make out of an 80$ DAC, isn't it? Especially considering that maybe a couple of dozen have been sold to headfiers around the world. The Zhaolu is magic.
smily_headphones1.gif

a couple of dozen ? but you joke or what...
smily_headphones1.gif

I mean , do you know what kind of resonance is having this thread on the Zhaolu name or brand worldwide .. not only head-fiers are into hi-end-bargain research .. not only head-fi member surf head-fi .. not only head-fi member search "cheap dac" or "chinese dac" "or "Zhaolu" or " best Dac " " Dac money " under google , I'm sure you get it and you understand it involves thousands people everyday out there and many will step on this thread .. )
It's likely hundreds people are surfing ( some joining) head-fi for the Zhaolu (thread) as main reason in these days .

btw , I was serious when asking is someone if being paid

Apr 5, 2006 at 1:39 PM Post #1,044 of 1,341
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
a couple of dozen ? but you joke or what...
smily_headphones1.gif

I mean , do you know what kind of resonance is having this thread on the Zhaolu name or brand worldwide .. not only head-fiers are into hi-end-bargain research .. not only head-fi member surf head-fi .. not only head-fi member search "cheap dac" or "chinese dac" "or "Zhaolu" or " best Dac " " Dac money " under google , I'm sure you get it and you understand it involves thousands people everyday out there and many will step on this thread .. )
It's likely hundreds people are surfing ( some joining) head-fi for the Zhaolu (thread) as main reason in these days .

btw , I was serious when asking is someone if being paid

I said a couple of dozen headfiers, not lurkers. Can't really tell how many lurkers have bought the DAC because of this thread.

But I would be very surprised if more lurkers than actual headfiers had bought it.

Of course, the internet is a powerful tool, but this thread doesn't appear on Google's top ten results unless you search for something very specific, like "zhaolu chinese dac".

I don't think that anyone will admit to being paid for this. I don't think that anyone gets paid either.

Apr 5, 2006 at 1:46 PM Post #1,045 of 1,341
Now, wait, you guys can't be serious? You don't think anyone would admit to being paid? Ah, nobody is getting paid. This thread is getting downright psychotic and paranoid. Who here would actually think someone from Zhaolu, or one of their dealers, is actually sending checks to somebody here to talk up this DAC? People, come on. It's silly beyond belief. This is a DAC that can be had for an amazingly low price and it sounds great. Of course you are going to see people shouting from the rooftops. I have been. It's sounds awesome, that's all there is to it.

Apr 5, 2006 at 1:49 PM Post #1,046 of 1,341
I doubt chinese ppl would actually have the idea of propping their products here on headfi, I mean it s a good headphone site, but it s not known that much, especially when it comes to something other than headphones....
I agree that ppl are getting paranoid...........
It s only a 100$ DAC, just buy it
biggrin.gif
(there, another check coming my way)

Apr 5, 2006 at 2:04 PM Post #1,049 of 1,341
Actually if you google for "Zhaolu dac" headfi does come up rather quickly.

I first came here when searching for Benchmark mods. Found the thread with Zhaolu vs Benchmark vs lavry (or something). Bought the Zhaolu. Am in the process of selling the Benchmark and am very happy that I was in time for one of the last 1.3s.
I doubt very much that the 2.0 will be substantially better for me especially since I will further mod the 1.3 extensively.

And I don´t think a whole lot of 1.3s have been sold, otherwise Zhaolu would have probably made another batch and capitalized more on their "old" design.

Cheers Johan

Apr 5, 2006 at 2:57 PM Post #1,050 of 1,341
Wow, this thread becomes more and more entertaining the further I read
biggrin.gif
. Gosh, I wish I got paid for discussing my personal impressions of a bargain piece of Chinese gear that I personally preferred to the Dac1, Lavry DA10, Eastsound, and SACDmods Denon 2900. Lucky I have a day job though
blink.gif
It may have been more appropriate for Benchmark and Lavry to pay us NOT to spill the beans
evil_smiley.gif

Ha, just kidding. As always, trying to learn about audio gear from a head-fi thread is fraught with peril. The same criticisms of this thread that are being made can be said of threads about other pieces of gear that are much more expensive (and about which similar fantastic hyberboles are spun). Personally, I've fallen for the Dac1 hype and the Lavry hype and quite a few others in the past (and it's not that the hype was strictly hype, these are good units). That's why I got so excited when, to my ear, this cheap little dac sounded so much better than those (to me, and supported by those with ears/sensibilities that I value). As I keep listening to it, my regard for it only grows, especially with opamp rolling and tweaking this and that.

Whew...Ok Lawrence and Eddie, there, I said what you wanted me to say...can you pay me in cash, I don't want to have to report the income and be bumped into a higher tax bracket
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back