NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S
Jun 12, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #123 of 2,884
I would love for a sound signature similar to the HE-300. Sometimes I'll listen to my 300 over my 500 just for the extra bass impact. I hope this isn't too close to the 400. I'm hoping for more impact and nearly the same bass extension as the 500, but with a calmer treble than the 400 and mids not as recessed as on the 400.

Jun 13, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #125 of 2,884
  Does your wallet feel the same way? :p

I actually sold my wallet to fund my headphone collection and since I no longer have any money, I don't misss it anyways 
tongue.gif

Jun 13, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #126 of 2,884
Subbed! 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Really excited that these are coming at at the $300 price point. I generally dislike the sound of full-sized dynamic headphones, so this will be a real game changer. A comparison to the Audio Technica R-70x, Sennheiser hd600, and Beyerdynamic dt880 is a must comparison. Also I'm quite digging the silver color scheme. Hope they have these at the San Francisco show.

Jun 13, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #127 of 2,884
It seems this is the first Hifiman headphone that Tyll likes. His and my tastes are similar so I'm going to give Hifiman a chance with this affordable product. If I like it, I might move to pricier ones.
smile.gif

Jun 13, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #128 of 2,884
using it with DX90, that might be something lol

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #129 of 2,884
I know Tyll finds the hifiman's to be tizzy but IMO they are not. I held off on buying a hifiman for that precise reason.
IME , they were tizzy to begin with and I was a bit disappointed but give them a day or two and whoa mamma! They seem to straddle the line beautifully... or maybe it's because I clean my ears more frequently now :wink:

It seems this is the first Hifiman headphone that Tyll likes. His and my tastes are similar so I'm going to give Hifiman a chance with this affordable product. If I like it, I might move to pricier ones. :smile:

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #130 of 2,884
I know Tyll finds the hifiman's to be tizzy but IMO they are not. I held off on buying a hifiman for that precise reason.
IME , they were tizzy to begin with and I was a bit disappointed but give them a day or two and whoa mamma! They seem to straddle the line beautifully... or maybe it's because I clean my ears more frequently now :wink:

I see, I'm very sensitive to harsh treble though so I'll just wait for this to be released.
smile.gif
Besides the new connectors are a huge plus.

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #131 of 2,884
Makes sense because the connectors are 'unique'.
I avoid putting them back in the box because of the connectors. They are a curse for those with thick fingers. I had my wife do it till she gave me a cold "seriously" look one day.

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #133 of 2,884
Makes sense because the connectors are 'unique'.
I avoid putting them back in the box because of the connectors. They are a curse for those with thick fingers. I had my wife do it till she gave me a cold "seriously" look one day.

I get this look regularly. I call it..."stink eye."

Jun 13, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #134 of 2,884
  I will be deciding on my next cans so far my list.

1.HE400s
2.PM3
3.T50RPmk3

I also considered PM-3 but

a) it's closed back and that's a negative for me, I use IEMs on the go. I just need easy to drive headphones at home, preferably open-back.
b) US-Europe price difference is too much. I'd feel like an idiot if I bought PM-3 at Europe prices. I might buy it when I visit the US though.

I'm glad I'm not married then.
tongue.gif

Jun 13, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #135 of 2,884
I also considered PM-3 but

a) it's closed back and that's a negative for me, I use IEMs on the go. I just need easy to drive headphones at home, preferably open-back.
b) US-Europe price difference is too much. I'd feel like an idiot if I bought PM-3 at Europe prices. I might buy it when I visit the US though.

I'm glad I'm not married then. :p

In a sense... but then you learn to be optimistic. I just try and remember the days she actually put the connectors on and forget the rest :joy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back