New 2002's HD600?!?
May 21, 2002 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 18
Slick advertising. No changes in the HD600's that I know of, and appears to be the same as mine.

600's are really fantastic though. If you can afford them, don't deprive yourself.

May 22, 2002 at 12:32 AM Post #3 of 18
I've read something here about the HD600s possibly being discontinued and a new HD700 model will be replacing them.

Maybe try a search on HD700 and see what ingformation that turns up.

May 22, 2002 at 12:53 AM Post #4 of 18
the HD600's have not been discontinued, however it is possible that an HD600SE or HD700 will be added to the sennheiser lineup in time.

May 22, 2002 at 3:19 AM Post #6 of 18
I just today received a return e-mail from a Barb Ellis from Sennheiser (I think Senn Canada) who informed me that no one in corporate was aware of any replacement for the HD 600 in the forseeable future. For what it's worth.

May 22, 2002 at 4:50 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Senn Canada

I don't think the CEO will find out about a replacement until 12 months after its realeased in the US
smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2002 at 12:03 PM Post #8 of 18
Dear Headfellows,

Although Sennheiser does have plans for a HD600SE and HD700 these projects have not been started yet. If ever, these phones will not be on the market within the next two years. The proces of designing and producing new devices simply takes a lot of time.

Therefore right now there are no reasons to wait for a SE-version if you're interested in the HD600. As Gaineso said, the HD600 are worth their money :)

Cheers,

Jan

May 22, 2002 at 2:20 PM Post #9 of 18
I love how the ad highlights the HD600's "DIGITAL COMPATIBILITY!!" I was worried there that it would only work with vinyl, but not with cds!
wink.gif

And Jan, I think you should be careful what you mention on this board
wink.gif
The untamed herd sure can latch onto a concept. Ever since you uttered the word 'HD700' it pops up in threads all the time, people wanting to see pictures, or learn specs, or see if anyone has heard it yet, etc.

Its almost as bad as when I mentioned that sony is putting out an R-12, which is going to be the re-release of the R-10, but with a few interesting new features that sony isn't talking about yet.

peace,
phidauex

May 22, 2002 at 3:07 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

phidauex: Its almost as bad as when I mentioned that sony is putting out an R-12, which is going to be the re-release of the R-10, but with a few interesting new features that sony isn't talking about yet.

tongue.gif
ROFLMAO
tongue.gif

May 22, 2002 at 3:47 PM Post #11 of 18
I did see somewhere that Sennheiser has raised their wholesale price for the 600's by $20. I do not know if this is marketing on the sellers part or an actual increase. I did note, however that the price on Ebay went from $239 to $259 for the buy now option recently from 2 of the sellers of new equipment.

May 22, 2002 at 6:52 PM Post #12 of 18
Those bozos!

They categorize HD600s under "tweaks" as a sub-category to "Accessories". Right down there with cable polish and acoustic enhancing air freshener.

Headphones just can't get no respect.

gerG

May 22, 2002 at 7:10 PM Post #13 of 18
Jan was very explicit about the HD600SE and HD700 on his post on HeadWize. His post on HeadFi was deleted and thus he has not mentioned the subject on HeadFi until now. I want to openly disagree that Jan should be less forthcoming with information. I, for one, very much appreciate the information regarding future products and product revisions and think I speak for many HeadFiers and HeadWizers when I say that. Please don't hold back any of this information when it is possible for you to disclose it.

May 22, 2002 at 7:38 PM Post #15 of 18
I certainly wasn't suggesting that Jan shouldn't have mentioned the information from his factory visit (note the little winking smiley next to my comment). I was just making the point that since he uttered the word, the lore has been popping up all over the place. The HD600 is an oldie and a goodie, but people are obviously hankering for a new high end release by Sennheiser. Simply mentioning the letters H and D, and then any number greater than 600, and people start drooling like pavlov's dogs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Needless to say, as soon as anyone learns anything, it will be posted for sure! Maybe someone needs to get all iced out like a ninja, and sneak into the sennheiser factory to steal the latest information on it.
smily_headphones1.gif

peace,
phidauex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back