Neuros III release?
Feb 23, 2006 at 3:00 PM Post #3 of 27
I've also been waiting... please let us know if you find anything.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #5 of 27
i like the guys behind Neuros, and they stuff they "plan" to do, but it's all vaporware so far...

everything we've seen from them since the original Neuros Audio player (4 years ago) has been rebranded stuff from Chinese OEMs. Including the Nueros 442, the Neuros Recorder, and Recorder 2.

Feb 23, 2006 at 7:31 PM Post #6 of 27
Really? Makes you wonder about their whole open source approach if they are just rebranding stuff.
frown.gif

Feb 23, 2006 at 9:05 PM Post #7 of 27
I'd wager that they're selling re-branded stuff to fund the development of their in-house projects. Hey, Epic MegaGames were releasing cheesy side-scrollers for 4 years just to get by while developing the original Unreal. It was all considered vaporware, then it came out and blew everything away.

I'm eagerly waiting for the Neuros, though I'll try to stay objective once (if) it comes.

Feb 23, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
everything we've seen from them since the original Neuros Audio player (4 years ago) has been rebranded stuff from Chinese OEMs. Including the Nueros 442, the Neuros Recorder, and Recorder 2.

If it is rebranded stuff from Chinese OEMs, why isn't there more competition?

It seems like Neuros is the only company that is selling a portable recordable VIDEO MPEG4 recording device, and I am not talking about the various MPEG4 recording devices created for computer use that are widely available (such as the Hauppauge, PINNACLE, KWORLD, DIAMOND, ADS, etc.) I mean a portable device that could function as a VIDEO MPEG4 recorder aside from the computer. (And I don't mean portable Video/MP3 PMP players with recordable MPEG4 features like from: Cowon, Archos, Mustek, etc.)

Anyways, I would like to see what the Neuros III has to offer further, and hope that it isn't vaporware. However, I wasn't impressed by the Nueros 442 UI. Just makes using a PDA more appealing to me, but the audiophile applications of the NEUROS III with optical out is so tempting.

Feb 24, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
i like the guys behind Neuros, and they stuff they "plan" to do, but it's all vaporware so far...

How do you know about this Chinese OEMs? Can you provide any examples or maybe even web sites of these OEMs (even if they are completely in Chinese)?

Feb 24, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #11 of 27
Check the huge Neuros thread that Joe Born posted, he did not hide the rebranded nature of the 442, though he did state that they improved it.

I have an original neuros, and I do really like the guys at the company, but it isn't really the most fantastic player. Works allright though.

Feb 24, 2006 at 12:18 PM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by adam917
How do you know about this Chinese OEMs? Can you provide any examples or maybe even web sites of these OEMs (even if they are completely in Chinese)?

i know because i saw the OEM versions of the 442 at CES 2005 and the Recorder/2 at CES 2006 in the Asian exhibitor halls.

sorry, not going to spend the time to prove it.

Feb 24, 2006 at 12:26 PM Post #13 of 27
If they delay the Neuros III another year they've lost me. There is a certain time to market constraint they have to respect. In another year, who knows what will come out of the big players like Apple, Creative, and iRiver. Some of the features of the Neuros III maybe standard.

They really need to get this player out this year...

Feb 24, 2006 at 2:25 PM Post #14 of 27
Feb 24, 2006 at 3:01 PM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor
If they delay the Neuros III another year they've lost me. There is a certain time to market constraint they have to respect. In another year, who knows what will come out of the big players like Apple, Creative, and iRiver. Some of the features of the Neuros III maybe standard.

They really need to get this player out this year...

I and probably many others want it out this year, but for some reason, I doubt it's going to happen by year's end. I don't even think they barely got the guts of that Neuros III done yet, let alone being ready to release the great finished product they're promising...

I guess I'll be holding on to and using my MP3-CD players for a while...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back