Neumann NDH 20
May 28, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #286 of 830
I am hesitated to pick one of these, if anyone can help me decide I'll be grateful

• NDH 20
  • Final audio sonorous IV
  • Ultrasone signature studio.

I look for speed and clarity for very busy tracks.

May 29, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #287 of 830
if I had a coin for every time someone disliked Zeos in this forum I will be a millionaire.
We get it, the "Real" audiophiles don't like him, what we are supposed to do ? give you all a medal ?
It's not about being a "Real Audiophile" or anything like that.
I guess my biggest gripe with him is that it takes him 45 minutes to tell a 5 minute story.

giphy (2).gif

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #288 of 830
if I had a coin for every time someone disliked Zeos in this forum I will be a millionaire.
We get it, the "Real" audiophiles don't like him, what we are supposed to do ? give you all a medal ?
I don't get the obsession with underage looking anime girls. Creepy. GoPro on the head jerking around gives me a headache too. Otherwise he says very little in a lot of time. At the end of the video, pretty much all you know about the headphones is whether he likes them or not. He also tends to overhype occasionally. I remember he had a virtual orgasm over the m60x, which turned out to be a fizzer. I much prefer DMS, metal571, and Joshua Valor.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #289 of 830
OT: That's what he serves, different content, different style of review. it's one for people with time and patience to just enjoy the content. the bulk of it may be noninformative (for some), sure but he always packed most of it with fun humor.... ones that might not suit everyone, but hey there're other choices, like you say.
But really it doesn't mean what he's doing is wrong, if its wrong he wont be able to have the views and pay for a second room to rent like he just recently did.

I am hesitated to pick one of these, if anyone can help me decide I'll be grateful

• NDH 20
  • Final audio sonorous IV
  • Ultrasone signature studio.

I look for speed and clarity for very busy tracks.
if its clarity, why not add AT's A2000z or M70x to the mix?
Might be easier to find demo of those
:)

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #290 of 830
OT: That's what he serves, different content, different style of review. it's one for people with time and patience to just enjoy the content. the bulk of it is noninformative, sure but he sure packed most of it with fun humor.... ones that might not suit everyone, but hey there're other choices, like you say.
But really it doesn't mean what he's doing is wrong, if its wrong he wont be able to have the views and pay for a second room to rent like he just recently did.

"non-informative"?
Actually, his entire monologue is very informative.
What people have an issue with is the style of his presentation.
Many just want to hear someone describe a chart or a graph.
These types don't appreciate "personality", so, they are not going to be able to relate to Z.
His style is not dry like chalk.
And many audiophiles need dry chalk and graphs and charts to feel connected to the info & data.
He's not for this "strict" type.
Z is sort of like Tyll if Tyll was taking large doses of Turkish coffee just before he reviewed the next gear.
Also, Z is a bit profane......he's kinda dirty minded, so, this is the one thing about him that annoys me, but, otherwise, he's fun.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #291 of 830
When you first put them on and listen, they sound like nothing,

Welcome to the sound of .... flat frequency response.
This is how it sounds.
Graphs may not agree, and charts may protest, but nevertheless, if you want to hear "flat frequency response", then strap on a set of the Neumann's.
You have arrived.
Sure sounds that way. And I guess if it sounds flat, it is flat. Also sounds flat while still sounding open and breathing. Very hard to do.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #293 of 830
OT: That's what he serves, different content, different style of review. it's one for people with time and patience to just enjoy the content. the bulk of it may be noninformative (for some), sure but he always packed most of it with fun humor.... ones that might not suit everyone, but hey there're other choices, like you say.

if its clarity, why not add AT's A2000z or M70x to the mix?
Might be easier to find demo of those

I excluded the AT for their stupid cables and the m70x for not having enoguh speed + weird FR

May 29, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #294 of 830
"
Z is sort of like Tyll if Tyll was taking large doses of Turkish coffee just before he reviewed the next gear.

Oh my god that is hilarious... :D

Don't really understand the people here stating they don't like him. Don't like him, don't watch his videos but why judge/analyze others for liking him? Every person has a different perspective on life and everything in it in general.. same goes for headphones. We should really all agree to disagree a lot more I think, especially when it comes to Zeos or headphones in general.. It's tempting to bash someone for not liking a particular headphone you love, or the other way arround of course, but even tastes change of course and I had some headphones back then which I found fantastic, perfect in a sense, now that I look back they were pretty average. Everything is always changing.. in this hobby, life, tastes, preferences, perspectives.. Just my two cents. Cheers brothers!

May 29, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #295 of 830
Yes my Elex clips too, but only on heavy bass tracks at loud volumes.

Can you please test those 2 tracks for me ?

after 2:35 min

after the first minue

as you can see I encounter this problem only wheln I listening to classics or heavy bass soundtracks like Hans zimmer ones

I don't get any clipping with the
Yes my Elex clips too, but only on heavy bass tracks at loud volumes.

Can you please test those 2 tracks for me ?

after 2:35 min

after the first minue

as you can see I encounter this problem only wheln I listening to classics or heavy bass soundtracks like Hans zimmer ones

Nope no clipping for me on either headphone.
There are more complaints of elex clipping than most other headphones so i wouldnt worry about these because your elex clips

The NDH doesn't sound as bassy to me as the measurements show also. Maybe i don't have perfect seal though

May 29, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #296 of 830
I don't get any clipping with the

Nope no clipping for me on either headphone.
There are more complaints of elex clipping than most other headphones so i wouldnt worry about these because your elex clips

The NDH doesn't sound as bassy to me as the measurements show also. Maybe i don't have perfect seal though

Thanks a lot for your time and effort ❤

May 29, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #297 of 830
Lol I just watched the z review for the ndh20 and came here because I knew there would be an argument about him. The biggest problem with z is he overhypes every product. Seriously every video he makes that joke about how this is the now the best and forget all the things hes hyped in the past. I don't blame him , he has referral links most of the time and he wants to get sent new stuff. He sold me the m1060 and now the aeolus so he's a pretty good salesmen. When I get my aeolus im going to take a break from head fi/YouTube and try and focus more on the music . Also I agree he's really slow but I watch on 2x speed and it's like normal. He also never describes the sound and just says whether he likes it and talks about features for 15 mins.

May 29, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #298 of 830
Lol I just watched the z review for the ndh20 and came here because I knew there would be an argument about him. The biggest problem with z is he overhypes every product. Seriously every video he makes that joke about how this is the now the best and forget all the things hes hyped in the past. I don't blame him , he has referral links most of the time and he wants to get sent new stuff. He sold me the m1060 and now the aeolus so he's a pretty good salesmen. When I get my aeolus im going to take a break from head fi/YouTube and try and focus more on the music . Also I agree he's really slow but I watch on 2x speed and it's like normal. He also never describes the sound and just says whether he likes it and talks about features for 15 mins.
He is a very positive reviewer and always tries to find the good things about the products he reviews. For example he says the NDH20 have very good sound but he also points out they have extremely long cables (not very practical) and the comfort is bad for prolonged use, if I recall correctly he also dislikes the cable being attached to the right cup.

May 29, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #299 of 830
I've been watching the threads and this headphone suddenly came up and because very popular all of a sudden.
I'm a bit curious about them from reading up on them just now, do you know how these guys would sound compared to the beyerDT1990 pro? (i'm aware that the beyers are open but from what i've read the neumanns are flat sounding and to me i find the DT1990 wonderfully clean and neutral sounding.)

also from the photos, the internal circumference looks small and not very deep, does anyone have measurements for the internal ear cavity? i'm curious to see if they're similar to my B&O H6(gen2) in terms of ear space. if they are(bonus if they're a little bigger) i'll seriously consider them as a every day closed back pair for home use. I'm looking for something in the closed back range, I'm also considering the Sony Z7m2(not neutral but an enjoyable closed back), Focal Elegia or Audeze LCD2Closed and maybe even the newest B&O H9(gen3) that just got updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back