Neumann NDH 20
Mar 17, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #166 of 830
Don't worry, I figured as much, was worth a try.
One can always hope. :)
But in a public forum...especially on the internet...yes, pointing to certain work, however subtle it may be, would make things too easy & draw unnecessary attention to oneself from the wrong people.
Once again, regardless, I appreciate the discourse.

Regarding Mofi Blue products, I figured as much which is why I was never too fussed they never showed up where I am.
Though admittedly, I am still curious about their microphones though I'm not sure I would ever use them myself either.
I prefer Shure & Rode for microphones, my SM 58 is still going strong, granted it doesn't get much use... :p
Agreed, rebrands can be annoying...

So I take it Quad Era is still a go, then?

Hope you have a great day !

Well, as you know, im not the type to create/crave any attention for myself.
I only exist within the shadow's, tottering on the peripheral, and never engage the universe at large.
And, Blue mics, the more expensive ones, are nice products, & have a vintage sound as their goal.
Road mics are a great value, and Shure mics are used by nearly everyone who performs or records.
The SM7B is a personal fav.

Mar 17, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #167 of 830
Well, as you know, im not the type to create/crave any attention for myself.
I only exist within the shadow's, tottering on the peripheral, and never engage the universe at large.
And, Blue mics, the more expensive ones, are nice products, & have a vintage sound as their goal.
Road mics are a great value, and Shure mics are used by nearly everyone who performs or records.
The SM7B is a personal fav.

Hey @FullBright1,

That is more than fair, great minds think alike it seems... :)
Everyone is entitled to being their own person & choosing their own path.
So serious respect to you if it wasn't clear before & for holding to your ideals.
Just my humble opinion which is in no way pandering...
I am much the same, I don't create &/or crave any attention myself.
I find things like social media, some forms of marketing, etc, ridiculous on many levels but this is the world we live in & while potentially there are certainly useful aspects, it get under by the rubbish which potential idiots throw on top it.
I could certainly could use stronger language but then aside from what would be the point, I would get banned from headfi which helps no one... :frowning2:

That seems right, where Blue Mics are concerned, good old cathoid condensers, among other things, so their new Ember mic would be good then?
Agreed, Rode mics are great value.
Shure mics are hard to fail & break indeed on top of that value you mentioned...
SM7B is actually on my list so is the 55 SH SII & Super 55 though if that time ever comes, I'm sure either 55 will do nicely.

Speak to you next time !

Mar 27, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #171 of 830
This thread confuses me. Half of it reads like an advert for a miracle weight-loss pill. More than half of it has nothing whatsoever to do with the headphones. Half the opinions are very specific about the ways in which they aren't neutral, and the other half of the opinions are unspecific about the ways in which they are neutral. There are two different stories being told, yet oddly both sound appealing.
:thinking:

Mar 27, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #172 of 830
This thread confuses me. Half of it reads like an advert for a miracle weight-loss pill. More than half of it has nothing whatsoever to do with the headphones. Half the opinions are very specific about the ways in which they aren't neutral, and the other half of the opinions are unspecific about the ways in which they are neutral. There are two different stories being told, yet oddly both sound appealing.
:thinking:

Just buy everything you are interested in hearing.
This is the only rational and effective method regarding discovering the actual sound of a specific gear, rather then reading 456,567 conflicting reviews that won't suffice.
Its just like.......... the difference between looking at the photo of a beautiful woman, vs, actually meeting her and talking to her, and becoming friends.
A review is a photo, its not the real thing.
A review is a chart, its not the real thing.
Personal intimate contact, is the only way to experience and access reality.....as "knowing for yourself" can't be replaced by hearing about it or thinking about it, or looking at an image.
You have to experience it for yourself, to know what you want/need to know..
Otherwise, its just a mystery at best and confusion at worst.
Gear Reviews are generalizations, opinions, and expressions of ideas related to a person's level of experience, and are never going to offer more then a slight idea of the facts.
A review can show you the forest, but to see the TREES you have to go to the forest yourself and look and touch and climb.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #173 of 830
Just buy everything you are interested in hearing.
This is the only rational and effective method regarding discovering the actual sound of a specific gear, rather then reading 456,567 conflicting reviews that won't suffice.
Its just like.......... the difference between looking at the photo of a beautiful woman, vs, actually meeting her and talking to her, and becoming friends.
A review is a photo, its not the real thing.
A review is a chart, its not the real thing.
Personal intimate contact, is the only way to experience and access reality.....as "knowing for yourself" can't be replaced by hearing about it or thinking about it, or looking at an image.
You have to experience it for yourself, to know what you want/need to know..
Otherwise, its just a mystery at best and confusion at worst.
Gear Reviews are generalizations, opinions, and expressions of ideas related to a person's level of experience, and are never going to offer more then a slight idea of the facts.
A review can show you the forest, but to see the TREES you have to go to the forest yourself and look and touch and climb.

Hi @FullBright1,

Not just insightful & well said as usual but amazingly awesomely well said & almost astoundingly insightful...
By the way, not laying it on a bit thick but just stating simple truth...as I see it anyway :)
As I've said many times myself to others too, demos are important for many reasons, short of owning gear & sometimes you just have to buy something interesting to YOU (generic descriptor not you personally obviously) :p as the individual.
At worst, if possible, the indvidual cna try to sell it so someone else can hopefully enjoy it instead...
So in other words, definitely good not to be a sheep. :)

Anyway, since this is your thread & this seems the best way to chat to you for near generic topics, have you considered the iBasso SR 1 before it fully disappears (I doubt anyone is going to resell SR 1 any time soon).
I believe there may still be a few available direct from iBasso.
Personally & subjectively, they are well worth it & perform levels above their asking price.
I really enjoy the SR 1's resolution, staging & scalability, especially on the RNHP.

Look forward to whatever great insight you will share !

Mar 27, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #174 of 830
Hi @FullBright1,

Look forward to whatever great insight you will share !

!

There is no true substitute for experience.
Reality can't be accessed by imagination.
Real life is not words or a graph, or a page of photos in a book, its deeds done by the living as time permits..
Absolute Truth exists, but until you contact it and know it for yourself, its just an idea, its just an opinion.

Mar 27, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #175 of 830
There is no true substitute for experience.
Reality can't be accessed by imagination.
Real life is not words or a graph, or a page of photos in a book, its deeds done by the living as time permits..
Absolute Truth exists, but until you contact it and know it for yourself, its just an idea, its just an opinion.

Truer words have not been said :)
I do my best to live by this rule, 'no true substitute for experience' as well as live in Reality, not imagination.
Perception Bias is the biggest fault we as humans all face so the only thing we can do, is live the best we can, experience as much as possible & hope we, as the human race, don't make a mess of things.

Absolute Truth does exist, that I know, not sure I will encounter it any time soon but I am certain I am well on the path.

Keep being amazing & uniquely you !

Mar 27, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #176 of 830
Hi @FullBright1,

Before I forget, just wanted to say, read your review about the Mackie MC 250.

Exactly how I figured them to be, hopefully will demo these at some stage when they are available more for curiousity than anything else.
Also would have replied & liked on the actual review page but on my current browser, it doesn't like certain parts of headfi, go figure...

Anyway, have a great day !

Mar 27, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #177 of 830
Reading all the impressions outside of this forum is just as much of a roller coaster as this thread. Most of all, a *very* stark contrast between two reviews from the same classical musician on BH. The good review came after the bad review, fortunately.

With that said, the potential upside (based on the best impressions) is too good to pass up on in my line of work. If I don't like them, I'll sell them. I'm not crazy about returning studio headphones to my preferred retailers -- I'd rather save those favors for the most expensive purchases.

Should be getting them tomorrow via Vintage King. (edit: next tuesday, thought they were shipping from my local store)

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #178 of 830
Hi @FullBright1,

Before I forget, just wanted to say, read your review about the Mackie MC 250.

Exactly how I figured them to be, hopefully will demo these at some stage when they are available more for curiousity than anything else.
Also would have replied & liked on the actual review page but on my current browser, it doesn't like certain parts of headfi, go figure...

Anyway, have a great day !

Thank you for all the Kind words...
Im about to review a gear that is as affordable as the Mackie 250 and much more affordable then the AKG 275, and sounds .....:)

Mar 28, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #179 of 830
Thank you for all the Kind words...
Im about to review a gear that is as affordable as the Mackie 250 and much more affordable then the AKG 275, and sounds .....:)

No problem, @FullBright1

Kind words are TRUTH, after all, :)

Look forward to your next review ! :)

Mar 29, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #180 of 830
Reading all the impressions outside of this forum is just as much of a roller coaster as this thread. Most of all, a *very* stark contrast between two reviews from the same classical musician on BH. The good review came after the bad review, fortunately.

With that said, the potential upside (based on the best impressions) is too good to pass up on in my line of work. If I don't like them, I'll sell them. I'm not crazy about returning studio headphones to my preferred retailers -- I'd rather save those favors for the most expensive purchases.

Should be getting them tomorrow via Vintage King. (edit: next tuesday, thought they were shipping from my local store)

Looking forward to your thoughts of them, I wasn't a fan of a lot of what I've read as well. Very polarizing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back