Nervous about my SM3
Jul 30, 2010 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Jonasklam

500+ Head-Fier

Ok, so this is what i am nervous about.

I have used my SM3 all day long now and i have started to noticed that some of the songs have a small bump for like a fraction of secund litterally. I always notice faults, I hate it! (that faults not that i notice them). Anyway, i thought it was the songs, but then i rewinded and the bumps were gone, i also remeber that these sound did usually have any dumps. Sooo.. I switched back and started using another IEM and I haven't heard any dumps!
The reason why i swiched is because i am listening from a computer so the bumps may have been cause by the computer being overloaded with tasks, heat, whatever. But I still haven't noticed any dumps! :/

Is it possible that the SM3 is getting a little overloaded and need rest for a while becuase it has been playing all day?
Or have you guys tried anything similar? Or do you have any idea what have been causing the dumps?

Also, this is not place-bo effect or anything. I did hear the dumps and i'm not crazy or anything - well maybe a little, but that doesn't change the fact that the bumps are real! :p

Give me your best.... or something

Jul 30, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 12

Quote:
What exactly are you hearing when you say bump?

It sounds kinda like.. hmm.. you know some earphone give this sound if you turn around the plug while it's plugged in and playing. Only in this case the sound were only for a very very brief time. The could also be discribed as being similar to if you hear a CD which has scraches on it, but the sound is, as mentioned above, very very brief like a mili. sec. or something and doesn't occur in the song over and over again.
In my case I am certain that i haven't moved the plug - becuase it happend many times and i'm sitting fairly still while in front of the computer.

Quote:
First it's bumps, then it became dumps...humpy dumpy...what do you mean by bump? At what frequency range? 

LoL sorry about that, i meant bumps.

Anyway, the strange thing is that i have been listening to the SM3 again for the past 30 min. and the bump hasn't showed them selves yet. Maybe they cooled off? Or maybe the plug had filth on it even though I cleaned it and replugged it earlier without any effect.

Jul 31, 2010 at 11:14 AM Post #7 of 12
Sounds like crud on the tip could have been the culprit, or perhaps your audio stream from the computer was glitching due to other process activities.

Jul 31, 2010 at 11:29 AM Post #8 of 12
I think the music stopped for a short second. Change bump/dump to gap in the OPs first try and it makes a little more sense.

Gaps are your music player or a cable problem probably. Try wiggling your cable as you play music, and if you notice budumpgaps. Then send it back to your vendor with this note...

My neighbor he is a pain in my earholes.
I get Sony Walkman, he has to have Sony Walkman
I get fancy headphone, he gets fancy headphone.
I get sm3, and he can not affords! Ha!
But now music have bump dumps when wiggling of the cable
sm3 is a pain in my earholes now!

Jul 31, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #9 of 12
All I have is 4 words for ya and it may seem common sense.  Don't believe the hype.  Especially if your hard earned money is at stake, unless you are filthy rich, then forget what I said.

Jul 31, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
All I have is 4 words for ya and it may seem common sense.  Don't believe the hype.  Especially if your hard earned money is at stake, unless you are filthy rich, then forget what I said.

Are those words for me??

Quote:
I think the music stopped for a short second. Change bump/dump to gap in the OPs first try and it makes a little more sense.

Gaps are your music player or a cable problem probably. Try wiggling your cable as you play music, and if you notice budumpgaps. Then send it back to your vendor with this note...

While i don't really understand why I should write that to Earsonics :p, but I do think that you might be right with this theory. Acually one of the times the "gab" was noticeable longer and it sounded like i did a superfast replug :p - soo you might be right. Anyway, it still haven't occured again yet.

Jul 31, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #11 of 12

lol 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back