NEO (New Ety Owner)
May 7, 2002 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

peaches666

New Head-Fier
Well folks, I spent several weeks pouring over the feedback in the headphone forum before making my recent headphone purchase. I was really considering Etys, Senn 600's, or Grados. I live in Wichita KS - Wichita is a native american word meaning "
no headphones". I was unable to find any of the 3 headphones locally to audition, so I had to make a decision based on my budget and your feedback. I ended up buying the etys er4p earphones. I just want to say thanks to all you members for your great feedback. The etys (purhcased from headroom) arrived last week. No disappointments, mostly... They sound great with some of my cds. Some of my cds sound terrible, these phones pick up everything, warts and all, it seems. I will be making some switches to my music collection, it seems. I got over the "plugged-up ears" feeling relatively quickly and find them to be quite comfortable. JMT has agreed to make me an amp, so I am expecting ever more great sounds in the future. I have several other pair of phones, such as Denon AH-D950, but the etys have already become my favorites. Once again, thanks
wink.gif

May 7, 2002 at 7:25 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

I live in Wichita KS - Wichita is a native american word meaning "no headphones"

LOL, peaches!
biggrin.gif

Congratulations on your Etys.......if you're getting an amp from JMT, you might also want to consider the conversion cable to transform your 4P into 4S. With an amp, the 4S should yield greater sonic benefits. Just a thought. Enjoy.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 7, 2002 at 7:34 PM Post #3 of 3
Welcome to Team Ety. (If you decide to join that is) The Etys are indeed one of the great cans out there. I have a CHA-47 built by JMT myself and it is definitely a worthy and needed addition to the Etys. Joe's right about the 4s adapter. Using an amp and the 4S, everything sounds better than the 4P. The Sony D-25S and CHA-47 and Etys is my current setup right now and you can see the setup I'm working towards in my signature. Beware, a year from now you might find your room filled with high end audio equipment and different amps and cans and such. You may also find that your wallet is less padded as well. I'm doing my best to not spend needlessly and resist the upgrade bug but it's getting harder everyday.

Will my tax return NEVER get here? Anyway, good luck on your journey to Ety bliss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back