Neil Young fans ....
Mar 2, 2007 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Hermitt

1000+ Head-Fier
I like Neil Young.

I don't agree with a lot of his politics or whatever, and he seems to be a chump sometimes, but damn.. he can make some great music.

I just got my new Dared tube amp today, so I revisited my CD/DVD Prairie Wind DVD disc with my MS-Pros. This is an awesome recording. The CD is HDCD and actually, I haven't even taken it out of the sleeve yet. But the DVD has both a 24bit/48kHz video shoot of the recording session and an 'audio only' recorded at 24bit/96kHz. This has got to be his best work since Harvest Moon. It also happens to be just after his recovery from the anurism that he suffered.

Great stuff for any NY fans out here.
rs1smile.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #6 of 8
Another fan here ! ... although i must say sometimes find his "recent" albums too irregular for a full enjoyment... too often some very average songs, but always a couple of gems in the middle that save the day.

Now, one silly question
wink.gif

Here is what was advertised as the 1st release of the Archive :

Live at Fillmore

that's the next second forthcoming release :

Massey Hall 1971

so, why are they called Performance Series volume 2 & 3 ?? what is the Volume 1 ??
confused.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by papy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another fan here ! ... although i must say sometimes find his "recent" albums too irregular for a full enjoyment... too often some very average songs, but always a couple of gems in the middle that save the day.

Now, one silly question
wink.gif

Here is what was advertised as the 1st release of the Archive :

Live at Fillmore

that's the next second forthcoming release :

Massey Hall 1971

so, why are they called Performance Series volume 2 & 3 ?? what is the Volume 1 ??
confused.gif

I couldn't find the answer to that, but here is a great review on that first one -> http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/11/17/144646.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back