Negative experience? Just me by accident?
Dec 28, 2006 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

unicoder

New Head-Fier
Well,I bought a pair of the infamous AKG K81djs from TTVJ.
Order went in a speedy way,no complains here. It was somewhere around 30 of Nov. Since then package has been lost somewhere in the USPS galaxy,parcells away from me.
Now,the funniest thing is that USPS service refuses to answer my e-mails since I'm not US resident
blink.gif
So each time I try to contact them - they send me to TTVJ.

Anyway,the sad point is not that I haven't received the headphones, I can stand it (hardly) but that USPS has dissapointed me here. So,folks,keep that in mind. Next time I'll be definetelly using more proven in international delivery services... even at higher costs.

Re TTVJ, Todd was helpfull in this situation and this is obviously not TTVJ fault here but USPS.

Update - Todd was generous and sent me another couple on his behalf. Now,this is really really generous.

Dec 29, 2006 at 9:38 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by unicoder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well,I bought a pair of the infamous AKG K81djs from TTVJ.
Order went in a speedy way,no complains here. It was somewhere around 30 of Nov. Since then package has been lost somewhere in the USPS galaxy,parcells away from me.
Now,the funniest thing is that USPS service refuses to answer my e-mails since I'm not US resident
blink.gif
So each time I try to contact them - they send me to TTVJ.

Anyway,the sad point is not that I haven't received the headphones, I can stand it (hardly) but that USPS has dissapointed me here. So,folks,keep that in mind. Next time I'll be definetelly using more proven in international delivery services... even at higher costs.

Re TTVJ, Todd was helpfull in this situation and this is obviously not TTVJ fault here but USPS.

UPS (not USPS) is proven at nothing but sucking majorly and needing to be avoided like the devil in Canada. You might have had a bad experience with USPS but I'd still definitely stay with them. If you want something else, try FedEx I guess.
edit: you're not in Canada, but maybe the same thing still applies with UPS. Either way, Canadians beware
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It might have nothing to do with the USPS.

What about Customs?

Checked,nothing passed through them. Anyway,USPS service center are ridiculous claiming that they can't give me any information regarding package sent to me due to fact that I'm not US resident. That is close to stupidity
smily_headphones1.gif

Now,this is first time I've bad experience with USPS, I've been using their services for a long time with no troubles.

Dec 29, 2006 at 11:29 PM Post #5 of 16
I am under the impression that when a package is shipped via USPS to a foreign country once it enters that country the local post office makes the delivery. So have you checked with your local post office?

Dec 30, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am under the impression that when a package is shipped via USPS to a foreign country once it enters that country the local post office makes the delivery. So have you checked with your local post office?

obviously,nothing received
blink.gif
actually all my previous packages went this way and if any kind of customs tax needed to be paid I was also informed by post authorities.
anyway,USPS tracking ends in US (Kennedy) and doesn't tell anything else. That brings me to idea that USPS don't really know where the package is
frown.gif

Dec 30, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

obviously,nothing received
blink.gif
actually all my previous packages went this way and if any kind of customs tax needed to be paid I was also informed by post authorities.
anyway,USPS tracking ends in US (Kennedy) and doesn't tell anything else. That brings me to idea that USPS don't really know where the package is
frown.gif

Most lilely stolen or simply misplaced. A few years ago I purchased a cable from a head-fier from Connecticut and it took 3 weeks to arrive to me in NY! They obviously had misplaced it...unfortunately, it happens.

Jan 1, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #8 of 16
the only issue i've had shipping stuff to CAN with FedEx was they hit me, the shipper, with customs fees, despite the buyer having agreed (and been willing) to pay them. I eneded up invoicing him and the guy was cool about it, but I could have been stuck with $300 owed when I shipped a DV-CAM up there.

Jan 1, 2007 at 12:05 PM Post #9 of 16
I sent a SR-71 to Canada and it took for ever the guy asked me to run a trace. that never worked, so I filed a claim because it was insured and then it just showed up one day. It takes awhile
confused.gif

Jan 2, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I filed a claim because it was insured and then it just showed up one day. It takes awhile
confused.gif

Now,I don't beleive that default USPS shipping is insured without the customer being charged for that "little extra"
rolleyes.gif

Anyway,if you use Paypal they have some sort of insurance.
Pitty that it goes directly to the seller and not on USPS
frown.gif

Jan 2, 2007 at 10:43 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Now,I don't beleive that default USPS shipping is insured without the customer being charged for that "little extra"
rolleyes.gif

I paid extra to insure the headphone amp.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Anyway,if you use Paypal they have some sort of insurance.
Pitty that it goes directly to the seller and not on USPS
frown.gif

I don't know about the paypal insurance.

Jan 31, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #12 of 16
Ok,so far no news from USPS and looks like I can smell wasted money here. These guys are a joke, they don't even respond to compaints I send them, reply with a sort of answering "robot"
smily_headphones1.gif

From now they will have one less happy customer, recently made an order and preferred FedEx over these pathetic loosers.

Feb 1, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #14 of 16
This is the cheapest form of International shipping, but we all need to be aware that this is a possibility. USPS tell you that once customs take package, they no longer have control, although you can pay out of the "butt" for insurance. This is why a lot of US sellers andbuyers tend to stay away from this type of transaction. So,it is very important that both parties be aware of this possibly happenning.

Feb 1, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #15 of 16
Hi unicoder,

I have resent the headphones at my cost to insure you are not the one who is OUT! I apologise for the USPS not gettting the package to you. We have a trace on the original but so far no news... you will find the new tracking number on you order page at TTVJ.

It has been our experience that 99% of the packages make it to their intended recipeint. This is one of the very few that has been lost. Some have taken extended periods of time but they have always arrived (this is the 2nd package in 3 years to be lost). Usually it is the fault of a slow customs process but this time the package did the great disappearing act.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back