Needing suggestions for new XBoxOne headset.
Apr 13, 2015 at 9:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ZMan2k2

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm thinking of a new headset for my XBO. Currently, I'm using either some UE6000 overears with a V-Moda cable for mic, or some IEM's with an android style plug, for the mic. I'm considering going to a dedicated gaming setup, with a boom-mic and over ears. What is everyone else using? I've been doing some research, and the Turtle Beach XO Four Stealth edition seem to be surround ready, whenever M$ decides to make the wireless surround capable. I don't need wireless, so the XO500 Stealth is overkill for me, I'm a casual gamer who just wants to keep the volume down while others are home. I don't mind using the stereo jack on the controller add-on. Problem is, the XO Four Stealth are sold out now, so I'm looking for suggestions on something that has good sound, and maybe even something where I can hear myself talking in the earphones, so I don't end up shouting. What are you using?

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #2 of 5
Found some XO Four Stealth on sale at the M$ online store. The deciding factors were that they are surround ready, and I can hear myself in the headset. The adjustable bass control is cool too. I'll get them in a couple days, and after some tryout, I'll let everyone know what I think.

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #3 of 5
Decided I couldn't wait for shipping, so I went to the Microsoft store in Chinook, to see if they had some. They did, and I asked if I could try them. It was pretty dead in the store, and they said they don't normally do that, but had an open box, so they let me try them.

Meh. The controller just doesn't have the power to make the HP perform like you would hope they would. It's advertised as having adjustable bass settings, and they are, none, a little, almost there, and distorted. So, I left without them, and cancelled my order with M$. I'll find out in 24-48 hours if I cancelled them in time, or I'll have to pay return shipping.

All in all, a letdown.

Jun 18, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #4 of 5
For it's worth now months later; I use the Phillips X1's with the V-Moda Boom Pro Mic.  I've used the X1's from the adapter with no issues.  I've also used the X1's with the Astro Mix Amp (Xbox360 setup) which does give the headphones more volume but also more wires across the floor.

Jun 20, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #5 of 5
For it's worth now months later; I use the Phillips X1's with the V-Moda Boom Pro Mic.  I've used the X1's from the adapter with no issues.  I've also used the X1's with the Astro Mix Amp (Xbox360 setup) which does give the headphones more volume but also more wires across the floor.
I keep hearing with a good pair of headphones, directional audio is just as good in stereo. How is stereo from controller with good headphones like your X1's vs anything using surround from mixamp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back