Need your help! Tronsmart Apollo Bold APP is coming, what functions would you expect?

What functions would you expect for Tronsmart Apollo Bold APP?

• EQ adjustment

Votes: 40 87.0%
  • Volume control

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Play next /Previous track

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • ANC ON/OFF/Ambient Sound mode adjustment

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • OTA upgrade

Votes: 37 80.4%
  • FM

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Find your speaker(Location)

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Turn on/off

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Choose to connect the devices you have connected before

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Other functions(Please leave your idea below)

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
Sep 28, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #61 of 159
It’s funny because this device is announced as a true connection being independent right from left channel and or my device is broken from factory or I’m not able to do it, I need always the right earphone connected to use both or just the right channel. If I want the left channel I can’t use it alone nor add this connection or whatever, it’s very annoying

if your phone doesn't support tws+, the first time you pair them to the phone it should register two times, resulting two "tronsmart Apollo Bold" name. that way you can use each one alone, or choose which one is the master when connected in stereo. all qualcomm based TWS should be like this. if it's not like that, try unpair and pair it again

Screenshot_20200929-064516_Settings.jpg

i rename them by adding "L" and "R" so i know which unit is currently the master as i like to switch them so the battery would be even.

Sep 28, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #63 of 159
One thing I would really like to know, is, why do the Apollo Bold sometimes connect to Android with 'absolute volume' (this is the normal state; it means the phone volume controls the earbuds volume exactly, and vice-versa), and sometimes not (i'e' separate volume controls for the phone and the buds; changing the volume on the buds touch panel does not affect the phone's volume level)?

I've never had a device that flicks between modes. It's always one or the other. Anyone else experienced that?

Sep 29, 2020 at 2:21 AM Post #65 of 159
if your phone doesn't support tws+, the first time you pair them to the phone it should register two times, resulting two "tronsmart Apollo Bold" name. that way you can use each one alone, or choose which one is the master when connected in stereo. all qualcomm based TWS should be like this. if it's not like that, try unpair and pair it again

Screenshot_20200929-064516_Settings.jpg

i rename them by adding "L" and "R" so i know which unit is currently the master as i like to switch them so the battery would be even.
I get your point but in my case, i cant pair them separately, if i pull out the right, it works, good. But if i pull out just the left, it doesnt work in any way on a standalone mode. They work properly on stereo mode but thats all... Maybe my unit its faulty

Sep 29, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #66 of 159
I get your point but in my case, i cant pair them separately, if i pull out the right, it works, good. But if i pull out just the left, it doesnt work in any way on a standalone mode. They work properly on stereo mode but thats all... Maybe my unit its faulty

when you first paired them, was there any message from the phone saying something like asking permission to pair? usually if that was ignored, the phone would only recognized one side.
try to unpair them, reset the unit, and pair them again, but if it's not working then maybe it's like you said that your unit is faulty

Sep 29, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #67 of 159
when you first paired them, was there any message from the phone saying something like asking permission to pair? usually if that was ignored, the phone would only recognized one side.
try to unpair them, reset the unit, and pair them again, but if it's not working then maybe it's like you said that your unit is faulty
I did it 20 times or more, there should be an issue with the left bud, otherwise, i dont understand anything

Sep 29, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #69 of 159
I did it 20 times or more, there should be an issue with the left bud, otherwise, i dont understand anything
Mine did the same thing. I had to make them "forget the phone" and reset them per the instructions, then re-pair. Then it worked correctly.

Those that tested the app, how is the eq? Stored on the buds?

The app only has preset EQ and most don't really work for me as opposed to the stock (although the jazz preset isn't bad and it has less bass if that's a problem). But it seemed to stick between devices, although that doesn't mean the same will work with custom EQ. My fingers are crossed, though.

Sep 30, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #71 of 159
Last day of September. Can haz Apollo Bold Android app pls? :L3000: :yum:
They said "in 2 days" via youtube comment yesterday.

Are you guys using the default earbud tips with your Bolds? I'm finding they loosen very quickly and fall out no matter which size I use. Cheap foam tips I tried just ruined the sound so I'm looking into getting a good set if anyone has any recommendations?

Sep 30, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #72 of 159
They said "in 2 days" via youtube comment yesterday.

Are you guys using the default earbud tips with your Bolds? I'm finding they loosen very quickly and fall out no matter which size I use. Cheap foam tips I tried just ruined the sound so I'm looking into getting a good set if anyone has any recommendations?

Thanks re the app news.

I'm using Comply Foam soundcore tips, even though they are a little big for this purpose. I can't get any tips deep enough.in my ear canal anyway, because the middle section of the Apollo Bold can't go any further in, which also means the outer part sticks out a lot. Honestly, I might get the Jabra Elite 85t, because I know they fit snugly, almost completely Inside the ear concha.

Sep 30, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #73 of 159
Thanks re the app news.

I'm using Comply Foam soundcore tips, even though they are a little big for this purpose. I can't get any tips deep enough.in my ear canal anyway, because the middle section of the Apollo Bold can't go any further in, which also means the outer part sticks out a lot. Honestly, I might get the Jabra Elite 85t, because I know they fit snugly, almost completely Inside the ear concha.

Thanks for Comply recommendation! Is the charging case still able close with them?

I think the Jabra 85t will be priced out of my budget but I can say that the Jabra Elite Sport I used to own were the best fitting earbuds I've ever had.

Sep 30, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #74 of 159
Thanks for Comply recommendation! Is the charging case still able close with them?

I think the Jabra 85t will be priced out of my budget but I can say that the Jabra Elite Sport I used to own were the best fitting earbuds I've ever had.

I cut a small piece of cardboard beer coaster, and put in in the charging case's lid. That's enough to press the buds down so they charge, when they have foam tips on. Lack of tip space in the case is annoyingly common. My Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless v1 had the same issue. They were also too big in the ear concha. 🤷‍♂️

Sep 30, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #75 of 159
I cut a small piece of cardboard beer coaster, and put in in the charging case's lid. That's enough to press the buds down so they charge, when they have foam tips on. Lack of tip space in the case is annoyingly common. My Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless v1 had the same issue. They were also too big in the ear concha. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the tips. (haha)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back